Trump supporters 'triggered' by NPOR tweeting Decl. of Indp. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
‘Calling for a revolution!’: Trump fans ‘triggered’ after NPR tweets out the Declaration of Independence

ELIZABETH PREZA
04 JUL 2017 AT 21:48 ET
RawStory

For 29 years, National Public Radio’s “Morning Edition” has celebrated the Fourth of July with a reading of the Declaration of Independence by hosts, reporters, newscasters and commentators.

This historically uncontroversial testament to the nation’s founding document proved uncontroversial-no-more in the year 2017.

After NPR tweeted the Declaration line by line, Donald Trump backers–seemingly unaware of the source document–accused the media organization of playing partisan politics.

“So, NPR is calling for a revolution,” Twitter user @JustEsrafel wrote.

“Propaganda is that all you know how?” another asked.

Some even taunted NPR over the president’s budget proposal, insisting this is why NPR is losing will lose federal funding.

The Declaration of Independence was originally written by Thomas Jefferson, and was adopted by the Second Continental Congress on July 4, 1776. It laid out the 13 colonies’ intention to separate from the Kingdom of Britain and form an independent union. It is not a partisan document.

My emphasis in bold.

This is beyond hilairious. These people, if you can call them that, get 'triggered' by anything their cult leader looks bad when compared to
The Declaration of Independence is part of history, and as everyone knows history is bunk, therefore the Declaration of Independence is bunk. El Presidente Trump will hopefully call out the Declaration of Independence for the partisan liberal nonsense that it is, and AMERICA will be all the better for it. :up:
I agree with these Twitterers that the Declaration of Independence is a shameful thing, not fit for publication. I trust that all decent, loyal folk in the 13 Colonies will echo my call that we forget this whole sorry "independence" episode, and return to the status quo ante 4 July 1776.
Trump lemmings eschew political correctness so ................. I, too, will eschew political correctness and observe that you really have to be seriously lame between the ears to fall for trump's bullshit, con game and endless lies.
It reminds me of an NPR story once about a guy who intentionally produced fake news during the 2016 Presidential campaign. He manufactured stories out of thin air with the most bizarre allegations he could think of while still remaining plausibly possible.

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechcons ... he-suburbs

The funny thing to me was that the fake news producer tried to get liberals to believe crap he made up about Trump. There was not much interest. The exact opposite was true on the Trump side.
4cal wrote:It reminds me of an NPR story once about a guy who intentionally produced fake news during the 2016 Presidential campaign. He manufactured stories out of thin air with the most bizarre allegations he could think of while still remaining plausibly possible.

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechcons ... he-suburbs

The funny thing to me was that the fake news producer tried to get liberals to believe crap he made up about Trump. There was not much interest. The exact opposite was true on the Trump side.

Sounds familiar. A popular Trump-supporter smear of Senator Bernie Sanders has been conceded to be made up; Trump supporter lawyer who accused Jane Sanders of bank fraud admits allegations were hearsay — from a GOP lawmaker

Who needed fake stuff when the man is perfectly capable of saying and doing utterly ridiculous things all on his own?
The narrative that only Trump supporters believe "fake news" is bollocks. And, hilariously, it's actually the more educated people on the liberal left who are more likely to believe anti-Trump fake news. It's a classic case of confirmation bias.

"On the left if you're consuming fake news you're 34 times more likely than the general population to be a college graduate," says Green.

The main trend that we should be concerned about is the broader, longer-term intellectual death of American politics. As TIG ceaselessly points out, it's become about people's precious feelings on both sides. Trump supporters and liberal identity politics types are two sides of the same hellish, postmodern coin.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]