Trump Bans Transgenders From Serving In US Military - Page 11 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
colliric wrote:No, I felt as if my post was an elaboration on your statement about Trump's Christianity not affecting this decision. I agree but I simply didn't feel it was for the reason you stated specially. Whatever decision he makes next on anything was going to be treated the same. He picked this for other reasons.

Clearly his Christianity is meaningful to himself and his personal life.

It is quite possible that your position as an unquestioning Trump supporter is what makes it difficult for you to accept that Trump is trying to distract from his scandals.

There is no evidence to suggest any other reason and logic suggests that Trump would benefit from such misdirection.

---------------

Drlee wrote: :lol: :lol:

Really? You just said that? You are grasping at straws. False equivalency much?

Please explain how I am grasping at straws or making a false equivalency. Thank you.
I wonder, if the military has to foot the bill for things like gender reassignment surgery and any related psychological issues, if it's found that the net expense of having someone in the military who isn't a veteran is greater than what they're contributing, should that person be allowed in the military?

This trans people in the military thing is a great example of how many civilians aren't qualified to be weighing in on certain policy areas.
if it's found that the net expense of having someone in the military who isn't a veteran is greater than what they're contributing, should that person be allowed in the military?

You think the military have to accept everyone who applies to join? :eh:
Hong Wu wrote:I wonder, if the military has to foot the bill for things like gender reassignment surgery and any related psychological issues, if it's found that the net expense of having someone in the military who isn't a veteran is greater than what they're contributing, should that person be allowed in the military?

This trans people in the military thing is a great example of how many civilians aren't qualified to be weighing in on certain policy areas.

I'm the civilian criticizing other civilians who thinks the military just bumbled through this with no review or formal procedures at all.
I doubt things have changed that much in the military. Back in the day :D , if you made it through all the physical exams without collapsing, you were in. ;)
Drlee wrote:How is it you didn't notice that the doctor had both hands on your shoulders?

Because, as I was look back through my wide spread legs, I could see that he was too far away for that and besides that I could see his hands on his knees as well as his eyes looking up my ass-hole.

HalleluYah
Praise the Lord.
Because, as I was look back through my wide spread legs, I could see that he was too far away for that and besides that I could see his hands on his knees as well as his eyes looking up my ass-hole.

HalleluYah
Praise the Lord.

I know the praise the lord thing is kinda your...thing. But at the end of this statement it's pretty funny. :lol:
I think being a good person and supporting everyone to do whatever they want that doesn't result in an immediate explosion are not the same thing. Doesn't seem like most people can get this which is one reason why traditional divisions between different types of responsibilities and the concept of humility were good things.

Civilians might deserve a say in what the military does but they shouldn't be commenting on how it does it.
Hong Wu wrote:I wonder, if the military has to foot the bill for things like gender reassignment surgery and any related psychological issues, if it's found that the net expense of having someone in the military who isn't a veteran is greater than what they're contributing, should that person be allowed in the military?

Yes they would have to pay for it and the person getting the surgery does not work for an entire year.

The only people creating an unsafe situation on c[…]

how 'the mismeasure of man' was totally refuted.[…]

I saw this long opinion article from The Telegraph[…]

It very much is, since it's why there's a war in t[…]