Has the USA became a Dystopian society? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Finfinder wrote:...The country is not more divided there is no universal free healthcare because the people don't want it. They want cheaper healthcare. ...

Universal healthcare that is single payer is the cheapest way of providing general hospital care. America pays top dollar for really mediocre results.

What kind of propaganda have you been exposed to that convinced you that the cheapest way to provide health care was to fill hospitals and the medical profession with middlemen entrepreneurs?

What are businessmen doing in the health care system in the first place? They should be lying on their backs getting their stomachs stapled, rather than filling surgery rooms with rentier-class parasitism.

One Degree wrote:The US is 99% of the people doing their best to get along while the media bombards us with how much we really hate one another. :(

By "get along," you must mean that Americans use their turn signals to let other drivers know what they're going to do next. Because the idea that Americans have meaningful social lives outside of work and family is a lie. Suburbia, cars, and mass media have created a nation of people who don't know HOW to like each other, or how to cooperate at any meaningful level.

This is fatal and not surprising. After destroying so many other cultures on the planet, the American elite destroyed their own. Like Mark Twain said, whatever evil you do abroad you end up doing domestically as well.
QatzelOk wrote:Universal healthcare that is single payer is the cheapest way of providing general hospital care. America pays top dollar for really mediocre results.

What kind of propaganda have you been exposed to that convinced you that the cheapest way to provide health care was to fill hospitals and the medical profession with middlemen entrepreneurs?

What are businessmen doing in the health care system in the first place? They should be lying on their backs getting their stomachs stapled, rather than filling surgery rooms with rentier-class parasitism.

By "get along," you must mean that Americans use their turn signals to let other drivers know what they're going to do next. Because the idea that Americans have meaningful social lives outside of work and family is a lie. Suburbia, cars, and mass media have created a nation of people who don't know HOW to like each other, or how to cooperate at any meaningful level.

This is fatal and not surprising. After destroying so many other cultures on the planet, the American elite destroyed their own. Like Mark Twain said, whatever evil you do abroad you end up doing domestically as well.

It’s not me it’s a fact that you want to ignore that people don't want our government controlling healthcare. Tell me one industry as big as healthcare the US government runs more efficiently and cheaper than the private sector. Just another Democrat pay to vote entitlement.
@QatzelOk
I live in the Midwest. People of all kinds make a point of being polite to strangers. This is an extremely important element to 'people getting along '. It is hard to hate some 'other' when they just held the door open for you.
One Degree wrote:I am not sure what an ordinary American would be. It is a huge country of people with different views of rights, freedom, and equality. It is at it's base, individual rights versus community rights. People thinking things are right and wrong miss the point that they are actually just choices. Right and wrong are wrong headed.

Edit: I may not have been clear. The US is large and diverse. We argue about right and wrong, but we really are arguing about lifestyle choices. Some choose one, some choose others. We are normally tolerant until these choices become politics forcing us to defend our choice. This is why I see local autonomy as a possible solution. It gives everyone a place to exercise their choice. The 1%, on both sides, demand we agree on choices which is foolish in a country this large and diverse.

I think that this is actually your problem: McCarthy having abolished real politics, you are left arguing about cultural issues, which are not capable of reaching an issue, and you make this worse by the wide-scale gerrymandering, so that the people who make similar choices are left controlling large areas. Since some of your choices - the widespread racism and the support of gun-murder by the police, for instance - would be better talked out politically, the effect is actually pretty disastrous.
@Ned Lud
There is no widespread racism in America.
There is no widespread problem of police shooting innocent people.
These are just fantasy lives people prefer to the more mundane reality.
The fewer problems they have, the more they invent to offset their boring lives.
You interpret 'racism' to mean lynching people. I suppose. The US is the most racist society on earth. Who in his right mind divides up people in this footling, archaic way? Why do you arm police - normal democracies like ours have always seen it as madness. I take your general point, but these fantasies mean a lot more people dead than in more sensible places, surely?
No, the US may be the most tolerant. We chose to believe we were violent racists and have done everything we can to keep the myth alive. It is mainly the Democrats who refuse to let the past die, because their future is tied to it. Without the continuation of the racism myth, they cease to exist. It is appalling the very people they claim to support must be sacrificed for party goals. Minorities support them not realizing they are actually their worst enemy. Minority success means Democrats lose politically.
I have been encouraged by the lack of minorities in the protests since the election. I think they are starting to see the duplicity. Whites say they are attacking Nazis to protect minorities, so where are the minorities?
It is all farce.
If the media would stop making everything about race, the racial divide would be very manageable for all.
Ned Lud wrote:There is no racial divide, because there is no 'race'. There is merely a racist divide which you use to keep somebody at the bottom in your insane communal competitions.

Well, that detail is often not important to humans who notice difference in skin color and create stereotypes. Humans would do the same even if we were all the same color. Humans are often petty and insecure. The only cure for prejudice is becoming friends with someone from the group you are prejudiced against. The solution in the US is to remind us how much we hate one another and encourage violence.
Personally, I don't start liking people who call me names or attack me. I like people who treat me like a normal human. Common sense seems to dictate we stop complaining and just make an effort to be polite to others, and let time take care of the rest. In the US, racial violence is seldom one on one. It comes out in group behavior. The best thing the US could do for racial relations is to quit insisting we identify with a race. I wish everyone would select 'other' when asked. Perhaps we could even sue if the media identified us by race without our permission. :D
Is the USA suffering from dystopia? Hell Yes!
And I think this constant state of fear, has devolved to outright hate.
People of all beliefs and colours, spend allot of their time looking for a fight.
Anyone disagrees with them, and they fly into a rage and act, without thinking at all.
Proof?
On another thread about Charlottesville, I had the unbelievable audacity to speak up for free speech.
I've been misquoted, misrepresented, called a Nazi as well as several other things.
But all of that pales compared to the actual and literal death threat I received from someone who felt that, if I couldn't bring myself to take his side, then I should be killed...as well as my daughter, 2 sons, and my wife.
Things have gotten so fucked up, that this filth who sent the death threat, IS STILL POSTING ON THIS SITE!

I think all Americans need to taker a deep breath, and examine honestly what the hell you are doing to yourselves.
You see "enemies" everywhere. And what makes this such a dangerous and sickening situation is...you see a major threat within your own nation.
I would also entreat all Americans to just stop watching CNN or FOX.
These 2 "news" agencies, are nothing more than propaganda machines.
Their goal is to lie and cheat and say whatever it takes, to make sure all Americans are in a constant state of fear and mental instability.

You're all being fucked-over by your own people.
PLEASE wake up America.
One Degree wrote:Well, that detail is often not important to humans who notice difference in skin color and create stereotypes. Humans would do the same even if we were all the same color. Humans are often petty and insecure. The only cure for prejudice is becoming friends with someone from the group you are prejudiced against. The solution in the US is to remind us how much we hate one another and encourage violence.
Personally, I don't start liking people who call me names or attack me. I like people who treat me like a normal human. Common sense seems to dictate we stop complaining and just make an effort to be polite to others, and let time take care of the rest. In the US, racial violence is seldom one on one. It comes out in group behavior. The best thing the US could do for racial relations is to quit insisting we identify with a race. I wish everyone would select 'other' when asked. Perhaps we could even sue if the media identified us by race without our permission. :D

People play these games to a lesser degree where they didn't have to justify a slavery which was 'racial'. We had a quite different kind of 'racism' to justify colonialism, which broke down on all sorts of grounds, including the fact that upper-class Indians went to Eton and that a detestation of slavery and the slave trade became a matter of national pride. Our codswallop tends to be more transient and changeable.
One Degree wrote:...If the media would stop making everything about race, the racial divide would be very manageable for all.

The media is responsible for creating most racism, so it's lip service to "getting along" is shallow and self-serving.

Mass media used Charlotteville as an example of racism (a demo to reduce immigration numbers isn't racism) while it ignores the mass carnage in Libya now that the rich got their war over there. Bombing countries like Libya because "the mass media tell you it's the right thing to do" is a profound example of systemic racism. Mass media being the systemic voice of racist values and behaviors.
QatzelOk wrote:The media is responsible for creating most racism, so it's lip service to "getting along" is shallow and self-serving.

Mass media used Charlotteville as an example of racism (a demo to reduce immigration numbers isn't racism) while it ignores the mass carnage in Libya now that the rich got their war over there. Bombing countries like Libya because "the mass media tell you it's the right thing to do" is a profound example of systemic racism. Mass media being the systemic voice of racist values and behaviors.

Very true.

Remember the morning of 9/11?
I remember FOX and CNN...and indeed all news agencies...reporting that the falling of the twin towers was obviously a demolition. We never heard them say that again. In fact, after that day, anyone who suggested such, was shouted down and shut up.

The media can sell the public on anything.
Even..."He's got 'em."

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled […]

In Canada, Indigenous people have been harassed r[…]

That was weird

No, it won't. Only the Democrats will be hurt by […]

No. There is nothing arbitrary about whether peop[…]