Steve Bannon is leaving the White House - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
MB. wrote:Unfortunately, Americans now believe the Military is an important national institution rather than a threat to their democracy. The military is perceived as one of the few "disinterested" or non political organizations in America, and is barely understood by most citizens who possess a glowing and uncritical perspective on the Army's objectives and goals.

Luckily, the military leadership is actaully fairly well educated and not complete fools so I'm not too worried about them pretty much running the executive at this point. It does show that Trump has basically abdicated his executive power to the military though which, yes, is worrying since he's supposed to be where the buck stops.

I spent 20 years in our military, and we must take the following oath:

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

So I don't think you need to worry about the military attempting to overthrow the nation. The elected President by the people automatically becomes the Commander in Chief of our military and is responsible for what our military does. So the buck does stop with the President of the United States of America.

hartmut wrote:
Are you kidding?
Was that a persiflage?

In a way, but I do believe I voted for the right person, whether or not he is the Trump of God.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I do not have your life Godstud. I am never going[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oex20hQeQp4 No, […]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O