Trump Refers DACA to Legislature for a Permanent Fix - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
John McCain Grills Jeh Johnson about smuggling of young women and children across our southern border and that many of the young women are raped.

Published on Apr 29, 2015
An annoyed Senator McCain engagend Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson on the number of illegal immigrant children crossing the Southern Border. McCain accused Johnson of being disingenuous when describing the situation as 'improving' when the numbers clearly contradict that notion.

"The fact is that we now have a larger number of unaccompanied children, larger than its ever been with the exception of last year and you are acting like that's some kind of achievement," McCain said sarcastically.

Jeff Sessions Shreds Jeh Johnson DHS Immigration Policy...

Published on Apr 28, 2015
Jeff Sessions Jeh Johnson April 28 2015
Senator Jeff Sessions asks questions of Jeh Johnson (Sec. HomeLand Security) at a Oversight hearing on Immigration enforcement.

Trey Gowdy rips into Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson

Published on Jul 14, 2015

Pants-of-dog wrote:I do not see how the legislature will come up with a permanent solution. The situation seems too complicated and involves issues outside of legislative control.

What exactly is the legislature supposed to do?

They are supposed to pass a bill on immigration reform so President Trump can sign it. It will be easy if they really want to work together and are willing to compromise like good legislators.

Another point of view:

News : DACA Recipient legal status expired, Now an Illegal immigrant deported by ICE news story. This is a story about Daniella Vargas who was once a Dreamer aka DACA recipient but now she was arrested by ICE agents a few days ago after a speech she gave at a rally about her life.

Currently she is awaiting deportation back to Argentina for letting her DACA card expire and she may be losing her status now she is a illegal immigrant hoping her lawyers can get her a temporary stay while she awaits being deported in a detention center.

Republican House Leadership Press Conference On DACA & Debt Ceiling

"President made right call on DACA. Compromise Legislation must also address the root cause of the problem."

Washington State AG & Governor: DACA Press Conference

"We will file legal claims against Trump DACA decision."

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi took a bit of a victory lap on Thursday during a late morning press conference. Coming off a surprise deal between Donald Trump and Congressional Democrats to fund the government, Pelosi told reporters that there was better news still to come (from her perspective) Specifically she said, Donald Trump supported the DREAM Act to protect DACA recipients and would sign it, if the legislation made it to his desk. “The president said he supports that, he would sign it,” she said. “We have to get it passed. That’s a priority.”Nancy Pelosi Press Conference on DACA ac reform and calling President Trump and asking him to tweet about the dreamers.

Last edited by Hindsite on 10 Sep 2017 00:49, edited 1 time in total.
Pants-of-dog wrote:What exactly is the problem that the immigryreform is supposed to solve, and how will this reform solve it?

It is supposed to solve the problem of allowing the Dreamers to stay and the border problem that allowed them to come here illegally.
Hindsite wrote:It is supposed to solve the problem of allowing the Dreamers to stay

Is the problem then the fact that the Dreamers are allowed to stay?

and the border problem that allowed them to come here illegally.

How will this immigration reform solve that problem?
Pants-of-dog wrote:Is the problem then the fact that the Dreamers are allowed to stay?

Yes, that is the first problem and the second is to stop the same thing from happening over and over.

Pants-of-dog wrote:How will this immigration reform solve that problem?

I guess they will have the building of Trump's border wall as part of the bill as well as cracking down on sanctuary cities and strict enforcement of current immigration laws.
Hindsite wrote:Yes, that is the first problem

How and why is that a problem?

and the second is to stop the same thing from happening over and over.

I guess they will have the building of Trump's border wall as part of the bill as well as cracking down on sanctuary cities and strict enforcement of current immigration laws.

The wall is almost certainly never going to be built.

Your other two issues are already covered by law. Are they going to pass laws about following laws? That seems useless, which supports my point that this issue is larger that can be handled by the legislature.
Besides the wall would be a costly project for which Mexico would never pay, they would need a real standing army to secure it, like the Chinese did, I wonder whether Congress would be willing to fund it. The Chinese wall collapsed too, and they didn't mean to defend themselves from immigrants but nomadic horsemen. The wall around Gaza is a totally different case too. However, "The Wall" is a great buzzword, I wonder whether Trump stole it from Pink Floyd. :lol:
Beren wrote:Besides the wall would be a costly project for which Mexico would never pay, they would need a real standing army to secure it, like the Chinese did, I wonder whether Congress would be willing to fund it. The Chinese wall collapsed too, and they didn't mean to defend themselves from immigrants but nomadic horsemen. The wall around Gaza is a totally different case too. However, "The Wall" is a great buzzword, I wonder whether Trump stole it from Pink Floyd. :lol:

Mexico will pay for the wall, if Trump can get Congress to back his agenda.
I get the feelings "presidential" in the US involves monster trucks and guitar solos.

The way it was used in the last election sure seemed to mean white dude. :D

Anyway, the Democrats are bragging about finalising a deal with Trump to make DACA permanent.

I'd like to think that trump will be willing to be pulled around by the dems on stuff like this, but I suspect it's mostly about personally grudges and will change like the wind again tomorrow. Good on them for being able to use trumps feud with mcconal and ryan to get DACA passed if they manage it though.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Hindsite why did you plagiarize large portions of your big dumb video post that I'm not going to bother watching?

You straight up copied an entire paragraph, and the video, from an iHeart Radio article (which I didn't even know was a thing lol).

I copied it to give people like you that won't watch videos an idea what the video was about. HalleluYah.
Trump has already succeeded on immigration, there has been a huge drop in net illegal immigration. When it comes to slowing the tide of immigration into America, Trump has already proved himself the greatest president of the last 50 years. Now that might be a pretty low bench mark, but its a fact. Maybe Ted Cruz would have done a better job, I have to say I'm sceptical, but I fail to see why those who want immigration reduced should regret the election of Donald Trump. He's surely way, way better than Hilary.

I'm no fanboi of Trump, he's not my idea of stimulating company, but the main problem those have that support the Trump agenda, is not Trump failure to follow through, but a lack of similar ideologically minded politicians in Congress, the Federal administration, the State governments and the courts.

@FiveofSwords On e again, you fail to provide[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

…. the left puts on the gas pedal and the right […]

@QatzelOk DeSantis got rid of a book showing chi[…]