Trump Refers DACA to Legislature for a Permanent Fix - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Rich wrote:Trump has already succeeded on immigration, there has been a huge drop in net illegal immigration. When it comes to slowing the tide of immigration into America, Trump has already proved himself the greatest president of the last 50 years. Now that might be a pretty low bench mark, but its a fact. Maybe Ted Cruz would have done a better job, I have to say I'm sceptical, but I fail to see why those who want immigration reduced should regret the election of Donald Trump. He's surely way, way better than Hilary.

I'm no fanboi of Trump, he's not my idea of stimulating company, but the main problem those have that support the Trump agenda, is not Trump failure to follow through, but a lack of similar ideologically minded politicians in Congress, the Federal administration, the State governments and the courts.

It is possible that he temporary slowed down the migration, speak slowed down the process of USA going down the drain, but on the long run he betrayed his supporters, and he signed papers, that will accelerate the demise of the USA and strip him of any support.

As Ann Coulter tweeted:

At this point, who DOESN'T want Trump impeached?

Another good tweet by Coulter:

Would we have preferred a candidate w/ Trump’s positions more thoughtful & who wasn’t easily rolled? YES! But that person wasn’t running.

I think that Trump became useless for the movement he pretended to represent, and now his base will have to step over this useless imposter, who was just another "shabbat goy" with pro-American slogans.
Ann Coulter should be glad that Trump is so unpredictable and such a great multidimensional chess player! :lol:

Trump's secret may be that he always talks like he really means it, and he really means it for the greater good of the country, whatever it is. In my opinion pathological people (liars) always mean it at the moment.

I'm sure Ann Coulter would have preferred a non-pathological candidate with Trump's positions. :lol:

Now she's upset that Trump is manoeuvring like an independent and proposes a bill along with the Democrats.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Please provide evidence for this claim. Thank you.

I've seen it in a couple of things I've read, can't remember where off hand, but just a quick Google produces this:
FACT CHECK: What Has President Trump Done To Fight Illegal Immigration? wrote:But there has been a dramatic drop in the number of people apprehended at the Southwest border since Trump took office — a 46 percent drop during the first seven months of the year compared to 2016, according to a DHS official. The total for March was the lowest in at least 17 years, although the numbers have started to creep back up since then.

Note, I'm only arguing that Trump has been great (at least relative to all recent Presidents) at reducing immigration. Many people will not think that is a good thing. Personally I don't care, the United States discriminates against me, as a British subject and that's not about to change.
Rich wrote:I've seen it in a couple of things I've read, can't remember where off hand, but just a quick Google produces this:

That says that they are catching less people at the border. This is different from your claim that there has been a huge drop in net illegal immigration.

In fact, it would be easy to assume that there has been an increase in illegal immigration because less are caught at the border.
Beren wrote:Ann Coulter should be glad that Trump is so unpredictable and such a great multidimensional chess player! :lol:

That is because Trump must be a genius or at least a near-genius.

Beren wrote:Now she's upset that Trump is manoeuvring like an independent and proposes a bill along with the Democrats.

Trump has been forced to work with the Democrats, since the Republicans seem too fractured and slow moving to get a bill through the Senate. I believe this is his way to get at least one or two important bills through Congress this year that he can sign into law the normal way.
I think Trump has lost the chance of having a strategic influence on/in the GOP with this, so thus he remains a fringe Republican president, as well as he's risking his support within his core base. I really wonder if he has any long-term endgame here or he just wants to accomplish something in order to raise his approval ratings in the short term.
Trump is part con man, part genuine politician with ideological commitment. What I've been trying to argue is that it can be better to support a crass, ignorant, narcissistic, blow hard who at least half way supports your agenda over a committed, genuine, intelligent and knowledgeable politician who doesn't. Hilary was committed to enabling the genocide of Syria's Infidels. So for me all her positives become negatives.
Rich wrote:Trump is part con man, part genuine politician with ideological commitment. What I've been trying to argue is that it can be better to support a crass, ignorant, narcissistic, blow hard who at least half way supports your agenda over a committed, genuine, intelligent and knowledgeable politician who doesn't. Hilary was committed to enabling the genocide of Syria's Infidels. So for me all her positives become negatives.

TRUMP SUPPORTERS TAKE ON THE DACA ILLEGAL ALIENS IN MACARTHUR PARK LOS ANGELES

THINGS GET HEATED DURING DACA ILLEGAL ALIEN PROTEST BETWEEN TRUMP SUPPORTERS AND PRO-ILLEGALS. BREA

Notice that DACA supporters will not fly an American Flag like the Trump supporters. However, they have sometimes flown the Mexican flag.
Dan Lee rarely talks about his status as a DACA recipient. Apart from having close family and friend confidants, the secret of being in the country illegally has weighed heavily on Lee ever since he learned he didn't have the proper paperwork in high school while applying for a job.

In an interview with NPR's Michel Martin, Lee remembers being 15 and thinking "What is the point of me doing anything if I'm not going to able to have a career or be able to, I guess, be 'normal'?"

Lee's parents brought him to the U.S. from South Korea in the hopes of giving him an American education. From what he can gather from his parents, they tried to pursue citizenship but ended up falling victim to an immigration scam.

Lee is part of about 20 percent of DACA recipients who came to the U.S. from Asia. South Koreans make up the majority of that demographic.

Because of DACA, Lee was able to get the documents needed to get a job and apply for school. Today he's a fourth-year political science student at American University in Washington D.C.

With news that President Trump has rescinded DACA with a six-month delay, he wanted to speak out.

"There are 800,000 people just like me," Lee says. "People who have full-time jobs, attending school. They are the types of immigrants you want in your country."

http://www.npr.org/2017/09/16/551544757 ... ur-country

I was wrong about the assumption that all DACA recipients are Hispanics. Around 20% are Asians, most of whom are South Koreans. The Chinese are more likely deported because they cannot hide in their own community as Koreans do in America. 20 percent of Korean Americans are undocumented.
ThirdTerm wrote:I was wrong about the assumption that all DACA recipients are Hispanics. Around 20% are Asians, most of whom are South Koreans. The Chinese are more likely deported because they cannot hide in their own community as Koreans do in America. 20 percent of Korean Americans are undocumented.

It doesn't really matter, for all of them are illegal immigrants.
People have to apply for DACA. The ignorance of people commenting on DACA borders on stupidity.

On June 15, 2012, President Barack Obama announced that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) would not deport certain undocumented youth who came to the United States as children. Under a directive from the secretary of DHS, these youth may be granted a type of temporary permission to stay in the U.S. called “deferred action.” The Obama administration called this program Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA.

On November 20, 2014, President Obama announced an expansion of the DACA program. However, on February 16, 2015, a federal district court in Texas issued an order that put the “expanded DACA” program on hold. The federal government appealed the order all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, but the justices’ tie vote on the case resulted in a nondecision, leaving the Texas court’s order in place. So the expanded DACA program has not been implemented. People cannot apply for expanded DACA at this time. However, people who believe they are eligible for DACA under the pre-expansion guidelines may still apply for DACA under those guidelines.

Currently, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is accepting applications both from people who were previously granted DACA and now want to renew it and from people applying for DACA for the first time under the pre-expansion guidelines. However, we don’t yet know if President-elect Donald Trump’s incoming administration will allow the DACA program to continue. If you are considering applying for DACA before the Trump administration clarifies its policies with respect to DACA recipients and the DACA program, we suggest your read NILC’s New Questions and Answers About DACA Now That Trump Is President-Elect before you decide whether to submit an application.

Everyone who submits either an initial DACA application or a DACA renewal application must use the DACA application form (Form I-821D). (More specific information about the DACA renewal process is available from NILC’s FAQ: Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Renewal Process.) When people apply for DACA, they apply at the same time for “employment authorization” (a work permit). If they receive DACA, they also receive a work permit that is valid for the same amount of time as their DACA.

https://www.nilc.org/issues/daca/faqdef ... tionyouth/

Race is scientifically arbitrary. It was created […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

...I am still waiting for you to prove I was lyin[…]

Well domestication was just a beneficial adaptati[…]

Experience carefree connections with the top-rated[…]