Trump Refers DACA to Legislature for a Permanent Fix - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Decky wrote:Good, if they have trouble attracting staff they will have to put up wages to attract people won't they?

Absolutely right Decky, we want employers to be screaming for labour. We want employers to be so desperate for labour that they're going into drug rehabs, prisons and mental hospitals, looking for "lumpen elements" they can help rehabilitate. We want them so desperate for labour that actively seek to find positions for the mentally and physically disabled. Not out of charity, or because of regulations but because it improves their bottom line. We want them so desperate for labour that they have not only to raise wages, but make work more pleasant and fulfilling in order to encourage retired workers who not desperate for money to come back and work part time.

Will there be pain? Yes of course. Some middle class people may not be able to afford a nanny, some upper class people will only be able to afford one gardener rather than two. Some inefficient, under capitalised low productive agricultural work will disappear. Well hard effing cheese!

Oh and when it comes to skilled labour we want employers to be desperate enough, that they have to up skill their existing workforce. I'm sick of hearing how we're short of teachers, nurse, doctors and software developers. Well if there's a shortage train some more. Government and business.
Seems to me that Trump doesn't understand the concept of needing something to replace what he is demolishing. I understand the desire to remove illegal citizens. It is, after all, the law. But you have to have some mitigation of what will happen when you do remove programs like DACA, to help the people it impacts transition. You can't just "deport all immigrants and build a wall" and expect the solution to work, especially when, at the same time, trying to screw Mexico over with NAFTA and tariffs to "pay for the wall"... That just plain isn't sustainable. Immigration clearly needs to be overhauled, but ripping the bases supporting not only many people, but also industries that rely on them.

He clearly demonstrated this with the ACA debacle. He had absolutely no clue what would happen and couldn't even come to a compromise with his own party.
Zagadka wrote:Seems to me that Trump doesn't understand the concept of needing something to replace what he is demolishing.

He clearly demonstrated this with the ACA debacle. He had absolutely no clue what would happen and couldn't even come to a compromise with his own party.

Its not Trump's job to write legislation. Has Trump refused to sign even a single version of even a single Health Care bill? If Trump has shown Congressional politicians to be full of it - great. It seems to me that a lot of people don't understand the concept of the separation of powers and the rule of law. DACA was illegal. Obama should have been impeached for DACA. If voters have a problem with the expulsion of so called dreamers, they should pressure their Congressional representatives into writing a law.

People have been whinging like bitches about Trump exceeding his constitutional powers, now they're complaining because he's obeying the constitution.
mikema63 wrote:Do you support ending DACA @Sivad ?

No because it's unjust and ineffective. After decades of inflicting neoliberalism on the rest of the world this country and the West in general have an obligation of reparation and reconstruction, fulfilling that obligation is the only decent and honorable way of solving the problem of mass migration. I find both liberal and conservative approaches to the issue appallingly unscrupulous.
Rich wrote:Its not Trump's job to write legislation

No, it isn't. Never said it was. But what i did say is that it is stupid to use executive orders to remove things without having something in place. It is reckless and ignorant.
Zagadka wrote:Seems to me that Trump doesn't understand the concept of needing something to replace what he is demolishing. I understand the desire to remove illegal citizens. It is, after all, the law. But you have to have some mitigation of what will happen when you do remove programs like DACA, to help the people it impacts transition. You can't just "deport all immigrants and build a wall" and expect the solution to work, especially when, at the same time, trying to screw Mexico over with NAFTA and tariffs to "pay for the wall"... That just plain isn't sustainable. Immigration clearly needs to be overhauled, but ripping the bases supporting not only many people, but also industries that rely on them.

If your side was truly so concerned for these people other than you wanted Latino votes why did you support an executive order that is not policy or law. The real news is how the left has used these people as political pawns and now they have egg on their faces. This is not a dictatorship , Trump hasn't done anything other than pose this to congress where it should have been legislated in the first place.

As far as your other comments are you from Mexico why do you hate America so much? Don't you care about the poor American children?
Last edited by Finfinder on 06 Sep 2017 16:22, edited 1 time in total.
Zagadka wrote:Sorry mate, some of us don't think of everything as a race war.

Can't handle the debate so you pull out the reverse race card. I find that humorous. That is all you lefties have, identity politics,. Instead of taking care of the poor poor dreamers your ilks priority was to get a healthcare bill done that basically screwed up the health insurance business even more than it was raised premiums for the working class and was designed to fail from the start.

Standing ovation 8 years of accomplishing nothing no wonder you are all mad and obsessed with Trump.
Finfinder wrote:Can't handle the debate so you pull out the reverse race card.

Whatevs. You literally brought up the "fact" that the whole thing is about Democrats wanting to stage a racial revolution. So wallow in that for a while. A minute go in another thread you talked about how the Democrats hax0red the last election. There is no "debate" with you.
It's an interesting gamble. There is a six month window on it, which means that Congress will probably kick the ball until after the 2018 election in November, but it also means that it will be a hot issue that favors Democrats, nationally.

There are two scenarios: This was just badly mishandled by Trump.

Or that some staffer came to the same conclusion as Wasserman, that there will be a disproportionate amount of college-educated people:

Ibid wrote:Somewhat counterintuitively, the impact of these angry graduates won’t be felt only in highly educated districts. That’s because the story isn’t just about them. It’s just as much about their non-college counterparts dropping out of the electorate.

For example: If college graduates were to turn out at 80 percent of their presidential levels but non-college graduates turn out at only 60 percent of theirs — uniformly across all districts — the college-educated share of the electorate would actually go up by about the same amount in a district where 30 percent of voters hold degrees as it would in a district where 60 percent hold degrees.

That might help explain why so far in 2017, Democrats have made just as big strides — if not bigger ones — in special elections in blue-collar districts like Kansas’s 4th Congressional District and Montana’s at large seat as they have in highly educated, white-collar suburbs like Georgia’s 6th District.

Which would mean that this might be a way to drum up non-educated people that tend to vote for Trump.

As for DACA and whatnot, as usual with these things, I'll point out that these kinds of half-measures do nothing to address the fact that the actual problem is capitalism. Having a poor and marginalized workforce that will do anything for a dollar helps the capitalist; and if they don't have that, they're just as happy to skip a border and find them elsewhere. No amount of hand-wrangling or pearl-clutching is going to change the fact that cheaper labour is cheaper.
Zagadka wrote:Whatevs. You literally brought up the "fact" that the whole thing is about Democrats wanting to stage a racial revolution. So wallow in that for a while. A minute go in another thread you talked about how the Democrats hax0red the last election. There is no "debate" with you.

Why is it you try to dramatize everything. I laid out reason for this. Why are you afraid to answer to what I wrote.

BTW its a fact with Bernie Sanders its a fact with all the instances of voter fraud look what they just found in Chicago.
Zagadka wrote:No, it isn't. Never said it was. But what i did say is that it is stupid to use executive orders to remove things without having something in place. It is reckless and ignorant.

Trump is seeking to end an unconstitutional executive order. It is Trump's job to execute the law as created by Congress. Its is not the President's prerogative to choose which bits of the law to enforce. Law is not like a restaurant menu. This is the Presidency of lawful Republic not a salad bar at Pizza hut. Plus Trump has (completely unconstitutional) given Congress another six months to write a replacement. How long do Congress need?
4cal wrote:If you're telling me that there are no 16-20 y/o couch potatoes in the area who can't be lured off the sofa with above MW pay or other incentives...I would have trouble believing that.

I'm sure they are hardworking people with great work ethics worthy of being employed by anyone for a proper wage.

Once I had a Philippine girl as a colleague employed as a cleaner in an airport lounge. She was the best of all.
That is good to hear, because I was just reading about the solution to the teacher shortage in the US due to low pay and bad conditions. Importing teachers from the Philippines.
One Degree wrote:That is good to hear, because I was just reading about the solution to the teacher shortage in the US due to low pay and bad conditions. Importing teachers from the Philippines.

I'm not sure if teachers should be imported from the Philippines, but they are great cleaners for a low wage, better than the locals.

Sure. No ethnogenesis in the past doesn't mean no[…]

In 1900, Europe had THREE TIMES the population of […]

@Rancid it's hard to know, we'd need to see how […]

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped[…]