Florida members Irma!!! this is a serious storm !!!! - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Rancid wrote:It has been downgraded to a Cat 2.

Don't get me wrong, it's dangerous and scary, but the media is blowing it up a bit more.

Anyway, my family is ok so far. Miami is nearly out of the worst of it.

Wait though, the stories of people going out after the storm and getting electrocuted will start next.

You mean a pussy 2. :coffee:

This hurricane is the biggest disappointment since my son.
About 40 years ago, the earth’s surface temperatures began to break out of their recent historical range and just kept climbing. Not coincidentally, the number of storms with extreme rainfall began to increase around the same time. Welcome to the era of extreme rain. We can continue to pretend it’s all a coincidence and watch the consequences mount. Or we can start to do something about it — by using less of the dirty energy that’s changing the climate and by preparing for a future that’s guaranteed to be hotter and rainier.

And America has a president who prefers to protect profits of the fossil fuel industry rather than the American people. In keeping with his mental case persona he claims that climate warming is a Chinese plot :eek: .
skinster wrote:Ok sure. :D

This is pretty fucked. And what happened to Barbuda. I'm not going to pretend as though I'd heard of either of these islands prior to this hurricane, but both look(ed) like very nice places to visit.

Cheers :excited:

I first heard this several times by one reporter, and thought the reporter was referring to the Barbados, soooo

mikema63 wrote:Storm Smith stop stealing my fun. :*(

You've got other St Hillary Sucks threads...cyber hugs Mikema
SolarCross wrote:It's a bit gusty where I am too. 21 mph winds, but then this is the uk, we aren't cursed by the gods unlike heathen yanks.

You'll sing a different story once the Gulf Stream stops and Europe gets covered by snow for a few thousand years.
mikema63 wrote:*grumble grumble*

I'll let it go because it's you whos asking. :D

Awwwwww {{{{{Mikema}}}}} :)

The news just covered St Martins. I can't imagine coming home and finding my house could be stuffed into cardboard boxes...
jimjam wrote:About 40 years ago, the earth’s surface temperatures began to break out of their recent historical range and just kept climbing. Not coincidentally, the number of storms with extreme rainfall began to increase around the same time.

Rubbish. Climate change theory asserts that global atmospheric temperatures will increase. Hurricanes have little to do with that. Hurricanes are simply the second law of thermodynamics. It is simply moving oceanic heat from a warmer place (near the equator) to a colder place. Hurricanes are cyclical as well, with the Pacific Decadal Oscillation. When the heat retreats from Central and South America back toward Australia, hurricanes are more likely in the Carribean.

jimjam wrote:We can continue to pretend it’s all a coincidence and watch the consequences mount.

The oceans have enormous heat capacity, far more than the atmosphere. Obviously, it has nothing to do with so-called Climate Change theory.
blackjack21 wrote:Rubbish. Climate change theory asserts that global atmospheric temperatures will increase. Hurricanes have little to do with that. Hurricanes are simply the second law of thermodynamics. It is simply moving oceanic heat from a warmer place (near the equator) to a colder place. Hurricanes are cyclical as well, with the Pacific Decadal Oscillation. When the heat retreats from Central and South America back toward Australia, hurricanes are more likely in the Carribean.

The oceans have enormous heat capacity, far more than the atmosphere. Obviously, it has nothing to do with so-called Climate Change theory.

OK, OK ....................climate change is in fact a Chinese conspiracy ( :lol: ).

But what if we prepare for disruptive climate change and it doesn’t get as bad as feared? Where will we be? Well, we will have cleaner air to breathe, less childhood asthma, more innovative building materials and designs, and cleaner, more efficient power generation and transportation systems — all of which will be huge export industries and create tens of thousands of good, repeat jobs. Because with world population steadily rising, we all will need greener cars and power if we just want to breathe clean air, no matter what happens with the climate. We will also be less dependent on petro-dictators.

I am not the one who never shows his credentials […]

As a Latino, I am always very careful about crossi[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting: https://jackrasmus.com/2024/04/23/uk[…]

Here are some of the the latest reports of student[…]