President Trump Strikes Deal With Democrats - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
President Trump Strikes Deal With Democrats On Harvey, Debt Ceiling And Spending

President Trump has sided with Democrats in a deal to tie $7.9 billion in Hurricane Harvey relief to funding the government and raising the debt ceiling. The deal complicates relations with Republicans, who wanted a longer-term fix to the debt ceiling.

I can understand why he did this, but it is too soon to decide if it was a smart thing to do. The Democrats have shown they can't be trusted to deal fairly. Pelosi asked Trump to reassure the Dreamers, which he immediately did. She thanked him and in the same breath demanded he do more. Obviously, showing she has no interest in compromise.
Politically, Trump would have been better off letting them take the heat for holding up hurricane relief, but he did not. It is time to take a more honest look at who actually has Americans interest as a priority.
It would be just the most hilarious trolling if this was just the beginning of a 180 degree defection to the democrat camp and so to become the defacto democrat president.

Watch 150 million frothy mouthed weeping left crazies instantly turn on a dime from "must kill Trump, Trump is the second coming of Hitler" shrieking hysteria to adoring "He is so cool, he like a black man like Obama and Bill Clinton".

Also watch another 150 million trumpant MAGA hats fall to the ground in ashen faced despair.

Then next year watch this most holy avatar of Kek troll another 180 back into the republican camp, and everyone lose their minds all over again.

May the KEK be with you!

This was all about politics, not about hurricane relief by either side. So nobody should delude themselves with that.

The Republicans wanted a debt-ceiling deal that would slide the issue through past the 2018 election as their party tends to crack badly when the issue comes up. So tack it onto something popular like hurricane relief, get past the elections, and then deal with it.

The Democrats wanted the debt ceiling to be an issue that caused damaging infighting that crippled the Republican Congress and maybe even a government shut down right as the 2018 elections came up. And they certainly didn't want to say no to popular hurricane relief.

The White House, apparently, had been saying it was going to hold the line with the Republicans and then back stabbed them.

Why?

We won't know for a long time, but I suspect that this was a combination of petty revenge for Trump and an attempt to get the GOP to do his bidding. During the Healthcare fail, Trump repeatedly attempted to tell the Republican Congress what to do and how to do it. They being experienced politicians, paid lip service, and then went about business the way it was supposed to be done. Trump has next been telling them to deal with the Dreamers the way he wanted instead of the way Congress worked.

This disconnect, Republicans in Congress having to pass legislation in certain ways and Trump either not accepting or understanding that, has led to a public fight with Trump and congressional Republicans. It has gone so far that Trump has implied that the Congressional Republican leader, Mitch McConnell, should step down.

Which brings us to today.

So it seems reasonable to me to assume that Trump is trying to use force against the Congressional Republicans.

Congressional Republicans won't get the message though as the message is stupid. Mitch McConnell (as much as I dislike him, and I think he's worse than Trump) isn't a dictator, he has to make deals and carry districts as Congress is specifically designed to be slow and complicated.
The freedom caucus is going to haunt the GOP on this.

He gave the Dems exactly what they wanted, on the first meeting of what was supposed to be weeks of negotiating. Just to spite Republicans and get a "win".

The Dems will still find a way to squander the opportunity I'm sure but this is a hell of a victory going into the midterms.
The Dems play divide and rule, or they just exploit the vacuum, from a minority position perfectly. Trump definitely hates congressional Republicans and may even consider running as an independent if he doesn't get the Republican nomination next time.
I wondered why the Dems didn't suggest to President Trump that he consider a generous, real "we'll take care of all sick people" health insurance policy that all Democrats in both houses would support, and game for the support still needed amongst Republicans. It would have been consistently with Trump's own message and it would have had the most chance of passing.

Trump doesn't give a damn about the policy per se, he cares about winning

"We won't know for a long time, but I suspect that this was a combination of petty revenge for Trump and an attempt to get the GOP to do his bidding. During the Healthcare fail, Trump repeatedly attempted to tell the Republican Congress what to do and how to do it. They being experienced politicians, paid lip service, and then went about business the way it was supposed to be done. Trump has next been telling them to deal with the Dreamers the way he wanted instead of the way Congress worked. - The Immortal Goon"

I more or less agree, and note that by finesseing a very short debt ceiling reprieve, the Dems have set up the possibility of a repeat power play, and that must have Paul Ryan knickers in quite a knot
Just hours after news broke that President Trump had defied conservatives and Republicans by cutting a stop-gap debt limit and budget deal with Democrat leadership Wednesday, President Trump not only turned his back on the people who elected him, but also gave away his biggest bargaining chips for a wall on the southern border, says Mark Levin.

“Now the president who said he would shut down the government in order to get the wall completely backtracked,” Levin remarked. “Not only is he not shutting down the government, but the debt is completely out of control and they’re doing absolutely nothing about it but adding to it.”

“He’s going to increase the debt limit without getting a damn thing,” Levin said. “All the leverage, thrown out the window.”

https://www.conservativereview.com/arti ... the-window

Here are some videos I just watched , that gives a[…]

Sure. No ethnogenesis in the past doesn't mean no[…]

In 1900, Europe had THREE TIMES the population of […]

@Rancid it's hard to know, we'd need to see how […]