Matt Furie Enforces Pepe Copyright - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
From Vice
Vice wrote:Furie originally created Pepe as a non-political character for his Boy's Club comic, but Pepe later became an internet meme and during the 2016 US presidential election the alt-right movement appropriated the frog in various grotesque and hateful memes.

At the end of August, Furie's lawyers reached a settlement with Eric Hauser—the former assistant principal in Texas who appropriated Pepe's image for use in an Islamophobic children's book. Furie's lawyers forced Hauser to stop selling the book and made him donate his profits to the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

When Hauser agreed to settle out of court, I spoke with Furie's lawyers who told me they would use the Hauser settlement as a springboard to go after anyone else who profited from or misused Pepe. It appears they've made good on that promise.

This affects a lot of alt-right dorkos who have been using the Pepe meme for profit. Let's take a look at one of the new nazi's greatest thinkers/grifter conmen to see how they're taking it:

Lol

Lol

Lol
I'll admit that I don't follow news about these pants-shitters, so I don't know who that Baked Alaska guy is or what his significance is, but judging by how dumb he is, I don't see this turning out well for him.
At the end of August, Furie's lawyers reached a settlement with Eric Hauser—the former assistant principal in Texas who appropriated Pepe's image for use in an Islamophobic children's book. Furie's lawyers forced Hauser to stop selling the book and made him donate his profits to the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

I think the original creator cannot do anything about online memes on Twitter and message boards. But if someone commercially benefits from appropriated Pepe's image, it may constitute copyright infringement.
Last edited by ThirdTerm on 19 Sep 2017 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
He's one of the louder, dumber new media people of the alt-light. As far as I can tell his how gimmick is walking around with a selfie-stick and talking to whoever will talk to him about alt right shit.

He was at Charlottesville and, despite always having a camera on him and being followed by several "bodyguards," he was magically maced during the brief 2.5 seconds he wasn't pointing his camera at himself and nobody could tell who did it. He has since claimed to have dropped the hatred.

Mike Thernovith is one you might be more familiar with. He has also used Pepe for his own personal profit.

He has commercial rights to it but i doubt that itll stop the trolls with the memes.

Also, holy hell special youre still here
Most of the alt reich leaders seem to only be in it for the money that can be made from exploiting gullible basement dwellers (look at Alex Jones for an example) so this might have a big effect. What use is Pepe to the leaders of the movement if he can't keep the money flowing in?
Decky wrote:Most of the alt reich leaders seem to only be in it for the money that can be made from exploiting gullible basement dwellers (look at Alex Jones for an example) so this might have a big effect. What use is Pepe to the leaders of the movement if he can't keep the money flowing in?

I wouldn't assume Pepe is a big part of it, but Baked Alaska and Cernovitch are ~thought leaders~ of this tard movement, or at least the alt-light wing of it. They'll probably move on to other shit, but getting spanked in front of a judge and forced to give money to the Council on Islamic Relations is a blow to their falsce machismo.

Like Cernovitch wrote a book called Gorilla Mindset which is all about being as manly as the one primate that can't recognize itself in a mirror and being so manly that your cum, literally, has addictive qualities that women can't get enough of.

Yes, that's right. They're idiots.
Cernovitch sounds like someone who only spends time with women after paying them.

I'm not sure how the Pepe thing still exists considering people who use it in an alt-right context are either basement dwelling losers or kids who live off the charity of Daddy. In the final analysis it literally looks stupid and makes people who use it look even stupider.

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]

Lies. Did you have difficulty understanding t[…]

Al Quds day was literally invented by the Ayatolla[…]

Yes Chomsky - the Pepsi-Cola professor of Linguis[…]