Trump Takes on NFL - Page 35 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Hong Wu
Libertarian353 wrote:@Hong Wu This is good for Blacks. They never like the racial policies on Black players and so by destroying the NFL with your pettiness they can make their own.

Why the check would blacks make their own NFL when the NFL is mostly blacks anyway? Get real man.
Hong Wu wrote:Why the check would blacks make their own NFL when the NFL is mostly blacks anyway? Get real man.

So the CEOs and coaches are Black? You can't be that willfully stupid but considering you're a trump supporter still; I answered my own question.
By Ter
Libertarian353 wrote:So the CEOs and coaches are Black?

No of course not.
Someone has to tell the players what to do, how to do it and when to jump.
By Ter
Libertarian353 wrote:
Are you implying by italic, that Blacks are in capable? Racist.
I emphasised "someone " to mean that skin colour is not the determining factor. But I knew it would trigger you. ..
I was showing off your pot -kettle position. You constantly talk about race like no other poster on this forum.
Ter wrote:I emphasised "someone " to mean that skin colour is not the determining factor. But I knew it would trigger you. ..

But it is an determining factor. You see coaches and CEOs automatically see Blacks as superhuman beings compare to whites. They see them more faster and stronger than us whites, which is why they prefer them over whites. It's a racist thing in itself, not to mention whites would more likely watch Blacks play sports than ourselves. But they feel threaten whenever a Black person wishes to be more than the stereotype. Whenever Blacks want to be a coach or God forbid a CEO, we feel more demascaled than when we see Blacks date whites. So that's why you don't see Blacks get promoted much compare to whites in the NFL. It's all racial.

Ter wrote:I was showing off your pot -kettle position. You constantly talk about race like no other poster on this forum.

Really, I talk more than Szutzu(a white racist), Blackjack21(has beef with a successful Black president), Igor(a mongrel who somehow thinks he's white); HongWu(another Hapa who believes whites will somehow give him and his mixbreed kind a place in their white "society"); Maz(another self-hating non-white), Oxymoron(who really don't like his race, considering how Jews are being targeted in america and now worldwide), Zionist Nationalist(who called his own military force "retarded"), Noir(who has this double standard on Muslims(Brown people); Frolien(who supported a man who goes against her own interest), One Degree( who called the "good people" at Charlottesville victims) Albert(who also thinks he's white cucking for westerners would wanted his race dead) and now you(still caping for trump)?
By Ter
Libertarian353 wrote:you(still caping for trump)?

I don't know what "caping" means.
I have stated from the beginning of 2017 that I am on the fence, neither for or against Trump.
And I remain in that position, high and safe from the toxic atmosphere surrounding the American Presidency.

It would be nice if you stop talking about skin colour and race in every post of yours. I will start counting those mentions and keep a tally.
Ter wrote:I don't know what "caping" means.

Sorry some urban lingo on the internet. It means shilling.

Ter wrote:I have stated from the beginning of 2017 that I am on the fence, neither for or against Trump.

Sure. :roll:

Ter wrote:It would be nice if you stop talking about skin colour and race in every post of yours. I will start counting those mentions and keep a tally.

When you say the same to each one of those people I mention and they actually not start the discussion; then I'll be silent. :) But I hope to get a high score. I'll remind you once every two weeks or so.
By maz
Maybe President Trump has gone after the NFL so hard is because his old pal Vince McMahon was already planning to bring back the XFL.

The XFL Reportedly Set For Relaunch In 2020

In the latest update of the WWE's widely speculated revival of the XFL, Mike Johnson of the PWInsider is now reporting that there are plans for a relaunch in 2020.

As WWE's production team reportedly prepares video footage for XFL 2020, Vince McMahon will boldly reenter the minefield of professional football, which has burned so many potential competitors to the NFL, including McMahon himself with the original launch of the XFL in 2001.

This improbable project first caught buzz when right-wing blogger Brad Shepard tweeted that WWE was set to bring back the beleaguered league, which he claimed would be announced on January 25, 2018.

David Bixenspan of Deadspin also picked up the story, which was given more life when a WWE spokesperson surprisingly admitted that Vince McMahon was using his own money to launch Alpha Entertainment, "to explore investment opportunities across the sports and entertainment landscapes, including professional football."

As the wheels continued to set in motion on the hard-headed express, ESPN's Darren Rovell went on to report that McMahon sold 3.34 million shares of WWE stock, worth approximately $100 million, to fund Alpha Entertainment. According to the story, McMahon also filed five trademarks related to the XFL, including "UFL" and "URFL."

Following the newsworthy selloff, WWE's stock—which continues to eclipse all-time highs in 2018, coming off a profitable Q3 2017, and headed into negotiations for its next television rights deal in 2019—dropped over three percent to $30.80.

It was later reported by PWInsider that Vince McMahon was refused the "UFL" trademark due to a conflict with a fitness league of the same name, while the XFL trademark would have to undergo a three-month waiting period due to regulations regarding new trademark applications.

Anybody who knows or has listened to a motivational speaker will insist that there is no such thing as failure in life, just lessons. If that is the case, McMahon learned many very valuable lesson in 2001 when his original venture into football resulted in unprecedented losses of $70 million for both WWE and NBC.

Though McMahon can use what he learned to avert disaster in 2018, the declining popularity of football—amid damning questions of CTE and social justice—has become a serious long-term problem for the NFL.
By Doug64
maz’s article wrote:”the declining popularity of football”

The declining popularity of pro football. From what I’ve read, college football is doing better than fine.
By 4cal
Doug64 wrote:The declining popularity of pro football. From what I’ve read, college football is doing better than fine.

As is Professional Football. The highest rated show on TV was (and still is) NBC's Sunday night game. Select games each weekend are usually in the top twenty for the week. Meaning that they produce more hit shows each week than almost all networks. Since their "episodes" are 3+ Hours long, they sell up to six times as much advertising as a normal show. Add in the local TV rights, the national radio rights, the local radio rights, additional monies from parking, concessions, tickets, etc.... The NFL prints money.

Any "boycott" was pitiful and hardly felt.
By Hong Wu
http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2018/01 ... v-ratings/

NFL ad revenues decreased by $30 million in 2017.

Consider that during a growing economy and accounting for inflation, a drop is pretty significant. I was expecting sub-optimal growth myself, not a drop. Their ad revenues grew in 2015 and 2016. It's probably only going to get worse!

In the XFL, the American anthem will play the entire time, the referees will be off-duty cops, you can only kneel in prayer and the only penalty is for disrespecting the troops.
By colliric
I also wish he would bring back that 2001 high-M rating from the attitude era for the WWE... I know they brought back the M rating a few years ago, but they need to push the limits again.

I think Shane is going to take over the Wrestling Promotion. I think the plan is Vince will run the XFL while his kids take over fully running the WWE.
I'd watch American football, if it wasn't for the hideous ad spam and super long half time breaks and constant interruptions. XFL sounds sweet because it seeks to do away with all of the aforementioned.
By Rancid
The old XFL got rid of the fair catch rule. Hopefully they keep it in the new XFL for the sake of safety.
By maz
Doug64 wrote:The declining popularity of pro football. From what I’ve read, college football is doing better than fine.

Aside from the NFL Superbowl, I think college football might be just as popular, if not more so than the regular NFL games. The fans are more invested in college games because they go to these schools, or have gone to these schools. I think they still have some deep rooted problems that come up ever year or so. One such problem I keep hearing about are that the players are being plied with alcohol, drugs, prostitutes and money. Of course the concussion thing is not exclusively an NFL issue.
By Rancid
maz wrote:
Aside from the NFL Superbowl, I think college football might be just as popular, if not more so than the regular NFL games. The fans are more invested in college games because they go to these schools, or have gone to these schools. I think they still have some deep rooted problems that come up ever year or so. One such problem I keep hearing about are that the players are being plied with alcohol, drugs, prostitutes and money. Of course the concussion thing is not exclusively an NFL issue.

You hit it on the head for me. I do not care at all about NFL. However, I do follow and watch College Football. Precisely because I have a personal connection. I attended the University of Florida. GOOOOOOOOOOOO GATORS!

Also, college games are much louder and rowdier than pro games. the college came experience is better in my opinion.

Well that's the thing.. he was wrong A paper, by[…]

What bill are you talking about?

Those who were buried do not have a burial date pr[…]

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/178385974554[…]