Trump Takes on NFL - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By blackjack21
Trump is absolutely hysterical. Now we'll have a week or two of debating if the NFL is becoming sissified and unpatriotic.

President Trump: NFL Should Fire Players Who Kneel During National Anthem

“They’re ruining the game,” he said during a political rally in Alabama on Friday night that veered beyond politics.

Several athletes, including a handful of NFL players, have refused to stand during “The Star-Spangled Banner” to protest of the treatment of blacks by police. Quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who started the trend last year when he played for the San Francisco 49ers, hasn’t been signed by an NFL team for this season.

That's awesome!

He said players are being thrown out for aggressive tackles, and it’s “not the same game.”

This is absolutely true. Was at the Raider game last Sunday and we all booed the personal foul call for a clean tackle. They just don't like the hard hits, and that's part of football. We even booed when they called the other side for a weak personal foul call too. It's football.

Television ratings for the NFL have been slipping since the beginning of the 2016 season. The league and observers have blamed a combination of factors, including competing coverage of last year’s presidential election, more viewers dropping cable television, fans’ discomfort with the reports of head trauma and the anthem protests.

Yeah, and making football players wear pink for breast cancer awareness month and shit like that when men rarely get breast cancer, etc. Military awareness month is okay. That's how it is. It's a male support, and that's how we like it.
By Oxymoron
blackjack21 wrote:Trump is absolutely hysterical. Now we'll have a week or two of debating if the NFL is becoming sissified and unpatriotic.

President Trump: NFL Should Fire Players Who Kneel During National Anthem

That's awesome!

This is absolutely true. Was at the Raider game last Sunday and we all booed the personal foul call for a clean tackle. They just don't like the hard hits, and that's part of football. We even booed when they called the other side for a weak personal foul call too. It's football.

Yeah, and making football players wear pink for breast cancer awareness month and shit like that when men rarely get breast cancer, etc. Military awareness month is okay. That's how it is. It's a male support, and that's how we like it.

Trump is absolutely right, these players not respecting the flag and our country should be held accountable. The NFL is losing ratings, and the owners should really put the hammer down against these traitorous scum. As far as player safety, that is an absurd idea the game of football is about violence but Mommy culture needs to castrate all entertainment. whats next boxing where punching is illegal?
By jimjam
Poor Donald got his panties all tied in a knot. When Steve Curry "hesitated" to make a trip to the White House (he said he wasn't going) to suck up to the Great Man, the Great Man "withdrew" his invitation. He may be a jerk but he sure is entertaining :lol: .

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Going to the White House is considered a great honor for a championship team.Stephen Curry is hesitating,therefore invitation is withdrawn!

LeBron James ✔ @KingJames
U bum @StephenCurry30 already said he ain't going! So therefore ain't no invite. Going to White House was a great honor until you showed up!
By jimjam
Donald is obviously confusing jingoism for patriotism. Germany during the first half of the twentieth century is, perhaps, the best example of such confusion. It is helpful to leaders of Donald's type because it is simplistic, requires little thought and drowns out any dissent.
By Beren
Yahoo News wrote:President calls for fans to refuse to go to NFL games

Josh Alper, ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports•Sep 24, 2017, 1:21 PM

President Donald Trump’s assault on the NFL that started during a political rally in Alabama on Friday night has continued all weekend on Twitter, including a tweet on Sunday morning several hours before the day’s slate of games get underway.

President Trump’s latest missive is directed at fans, who he urges to “refuse to go to games until players stop disrespecting our Flag & Country.” He follows up by predicting that if fans do that, “you will see change take place fast.” He then repeats his call for NFL teams to “fire or suspend” players who do not stand during the national anthem.

The NFL’s rules encourage but do not require players to stand for the playing of the anthem. Several team owners have issued statements over the last 24 hours referring to President Trump’s comments over the last few days as divisive and supporting their players’ ability to express themselves.

Those expressions should be widespread in NFL stadiums around the country on Sunday.

So President Trump's messing with the NFL this time. Has he nicknamed anyone so far?
By Doug64
The NFL has at least one player that loves his flag and the nation it represents and has the courage to stand for it: Alejandro Villanueva only Steelers player to appear for national anthem

Alejandro Villanueva was the only player on the Pittsburgh Steelers to come out of the locker room Sunday when the national anthem played ahead of the game.

Villanueva, who served three tours in Afghanistan as an Army ranger, stood outside the locker room tunnel and put his hand over his heart during the national anthem.

Most of the players on the Steelers stayed in their locker room as the national anthem played before their game Sunday in Chicago.

Photos showed an empty Steelers' sideline as the anthem played.

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin said ahead of the game the team would not be participating in the anthem.

"Not to be disrespectful to the anthem, to remove ourselves from the circumstance. People shouldn't have to choose. If a guy wants to go about his normal business and participate in the anthem, he shouldn't be forced to choose sides,” Tomlin told CBS before the game.

“If a guy feels the need to do something, he shouldn't be separated from his teammate who chooses not to. So we're not participating today. That's our decision. We're gonna be 100 percent.”

Apparently the coach didn't reckon with an Army veteran. I checked out the Steelers Facebook page, and there are a lot of unhappy fans and now-former fans praising Villanueva and condemning the rest of the team and the NFL as a whole. It'll be interesting to see if our Daily Prophets make anything of this. I doubt it, though, Villanueva has the wrong name, it goes against their meme that only ignorant, bigoted rednecks still love the flag.
By Doug64
And here's an open letter sent to the NFL commissioner last year by retired U.S. Marine Colonel Jeffrey A. Powers:

Commissioner,

I’ve been a season pass holder at Yankee Stadium, Yale Bowl and Giants Stadium.

I missed the ’90-’91 season because I was with a battalion of Marines in Desert Storm. 14 of my wonderful Marines returned home with the American Flag draped across their lifeless bodies. My last conversation with one of them, Sgt Garrett Mongrella, was about how our Giants were going to the Super Bowl. He never got to see it.

Many friends, Marines, and Special Forces Soldiers who worked with or for me through the years returned home with the American Flag draped over their coffins.

Now I watch multi-millionaire athletes who never did anything in their lives but play a game, disrespect what brave Americans fought and died for. They are essentially spitting in the faces and on the graves of real men, men who have actually done something for this country beside playing with a ball and believing they’re something special! They’re not! My Marines and Soldiers were!

You are complicit in this!

You’ll fine players for large and small infractions but you lack the moral courage and respect for our nation and the fallen to put an immediate stop to this. Yes, I know, it’s their 1st Amendment right to behave in such a despicable manner. What would happen if they came out and disrespected you or the refs publicly?

I observed a player getting a personal foul for twerking in the end zone after scoring. I guess that’s much worse than disrespecting the flag and our National Anthem. Hmmmmm, isn’t it his 1st Amendment right to express himself like an idiot in the end zone?

Why is taunting not allowed yet taunting America is OK? You fine players for wearing 9-11 commemorative shoes yet you allow scum on the sidelines to sit, kneel or pump their pathetic fist in the air. They are so deprived with their multi-million dollar contracts for playing a freaking game! You condone it all by your refusal to act. You’re just as bad and disgusting as they are. I hope Americans boycott any sponsor who supports that rabble you call the NFL. I hope they turn off the TV when any team that allowed this disrespect to occur, without consequence, on the sidelines. I applaud those who have not.

Legends and heroes do NOT wear shoulder pads. They wear body armor and carry rifles.

They make minimum wage and spend months and years away from their families. They don’t do it for an hour on Sunday. They do it 24/7 often with lead, not footballs, coming in their direction. They watch their brothers carted off in pieces not on a gurney to get their knee iced. They don’t even have ice! Many don’t have legs or arms.

Some wear blue and risk their lives daily on the streets of America. They wear fire helmets and go upstairs into the fire rather than down to safety. On 9-11, hundreds vanished. They are the heroes.

I hope that your high paid protesting pretty boys and you look in that mirror when you shave tomorrow and see what you really are, legends in your own minds. You need to hit the road and take those worms with you!

Time to change the channel.

Col Jeffrey A Powers USMC (Ret)

Vista, California
By Beren
The nation can be glad now that the issue has been elevated from colonel to commander in chief by Trump. A new high in American politics when the president deals with NFL issues.
Waiting patiently for Maz, Hindsite, and Other “free-speech” advocates to strongly condemn Trump for trying to end freedom of speech in the NFL.
By Finfinder
Beren wrote:The nation can be glad now that the issue has been elevated from colonel to commander in chief by Trump. A new high in American politics when the president deals with NFL issues.

Yea I miss when CNN used to have a special on Obama filling out the NCAA college basketball bracket every year, pretending he was athletic.
By Ter
Those players have the right to do whatever they feel like but the spectators have the right to stay away.

I might be wrong but I assume the majority of the spectators come from the deplorable part of society, the part that supports President Trump. Let's see how that works out.

American Football (a retarded form of rugby) is an extremely stupid sport anyway.
By AFAIK
The Immortal Goon wrote:Waiting patiently for Maz, Hindsite, and Other “free-speech” advocates to strongly condemn Trump for trying to end freedom of speech in the NFL.

By the alt-right's standards, Trump is now a fascist.
By Beren
The right to free speech is secondary to patriotism obviously, and everybody should respect the country and the flag like Trump does.

Also, anytime you hear the national anthem you have to behave properly, kneeling is definitely inappropriate behaviour in this case.

:roll:
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]