Trump Takes on NFL - Page 29 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Godstud
@blackjack21 is being a total ass the goal of your last post?

blackjack21 wrote:If you are a Canadian expat living voluntarily under a military junta, why do you give a fuck at all? Shouldn't you be trying to get your family back to heaven, I mean Canada?
My home is here. The "junta" doesn't affect the daily lives of Thais, or visitors, in any way. In fact, they're better off with their junta than the USA is with Trump, since the junta isn't trying to take away Thai healthcare coverage, and fuck over the middle class. Why do you give a fuck?

I never said Canada was heaven, but it does lack the daily school killings that the USA has. :D

None of what you said changes the fact that people from other countries have a great deal of knowledge about the USA, and it's horrible failings. You just hate that the USA is just at the top of the heap in FAIL, at this time.

USA has the most unpopular President in US history, who's only doing things for himself, and the top 1%, while attacking free speech and free media. He's even involving himself in things like the NFL, when he shouldn't, because he's a wannabe authoritarian.

USA is not the leader of the free world anymore. Not under Trump. He made that abundantly clear with his talk of American exceptionalism, withdrawing from the Paris Climate Accord, etc. That's OK. Other countries have some real leaders to do that, now.

You weren't arguing against my points, btw. You were just attacking me. That demonstrates how shit anything you have to say about the topic actually is.
Last edited by Godstud on 31 Oct 2017 23:50, edited 1 time in total.
Godstud wrote:USA is not the leader of the free world anymore.

When has it? All trump did was show the world the true nature of America and he show the world how low people like @blackjack21 @Hong Wu @Hindsite will go. I'm not mad, I expect them to be this way. We whites are nothing if not predictable.
By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote:Trump is awesome!

I suspect you announce this nonsense simply to annoy folks but you may be interested in what, arguably, the most intelligent man on the planet, Stephen Hawking, thinks of Donald, " He's a demagogue who seems to appeal to the lowest common denominator..."
By blackjack21
Godstud wrote:My home is here. The "junta" doesn't affect the daily lives of Thais, or visitors, in any way. In fact, they're better off with their junta than the USA is with Trump, since the junta isn't trying to take away Thai healthcare coverage, and fuck over the middle class. Why do you give a fuck?

We're doing great with Trump. The stock market is way up, home prices are up, unemployment is down. Hillary isn't in jail yet, but hopefully he will sack up and make that happen. We did have a terrorist attack today from another Muslim that emigrated during the Obama years. We'll be dealing with the after effects of his presidency for awhile.

I just find your yammering about left wing politics in the United States absolutely hilarious whilst you live under a military junta.

Godstud wrote:None of what you said changes the fact that people from other countries have a great deal of knowledge about the USA, and it's horrible failings.

I think it's laughable. The idea that American police officers are excessively violent is ludicrous. More people die in Rio de Janeiro--the city, not the state--every single year at the hands of the Rio police than all police officers in the entire United States. Yet, nobody complains about it online at all. I just don't get the obsession people have with the United States.

Godstud wrote:You just hate that the USA is just at the top of the heap in FAIL, at this time.

I love it. I think it is great.

Godstud wrote:USA has the most unpopular President in US history, who's only doing things for himself, and the top 1%, while attacking free speech and free media. He's even involving himself in things like the NFL, when he shouldn't, because he's a wannabe authoritarian.

Well, you don't seem to have a problem with authoritarians. Why do you insinuate that I should? Why weren't you upset with Obama when he tried to get the Washington Redskins to change their name? Why weren't you upset when political hacks in the US Patent and Trademark Office cancelled the Washington Redskins' trademark? Obama attacked the NFL for years, and you didn't see any problem at all. Isn't it more to the point that you want the United States to become a leftist country, and a majority of us reject that idea?

jimjam wrote:I suspect you announce this nonsense simply to annoy folks but you may be interested in what, arguably, the most intelligent man on the planet, Stephen Hawking, thinks of Donald, " He's a demagogue who seems to appeal to the lowest common denominator..."

As you know, Trump wasn't my first choice. I was for Ted Cruz. However, Trump is blowing political correctness to kingdom come. I absolutely love that. As far as celebrity scientists go, I'm not that impressed. First of all, the US has democratic elections, which requires appealing to a majority--and a mathematician can tell you if you need a majority, you need the lowest common denominator. It's pretty basic. Hawking isn't so brilliant that he could cure his own disease. In fact, I think our society is scientifically limited due to the corruption of our higher education system and the medical system. There is too much money to be made in not solving these problems.
By Hong Wu
What little data is available does say that NFL merchandise sales are down. If they stay down then the NFL starts losing market share and social capital... therein lies the real death spiral. Give it another six months when third party retailers start shutting down or reducing their orders to meet reduced demand, this will conveniently happen around when it makes sense to talk about the midterm elections in the US...
By Godstud
@blackjack21 Your use of logical fallacies in your last post leaves me stunned by the number. :lol:

"Other places are worse than the USA!"

"People who don't live there can't comment!"

"I like the amount of fail!"

"Bullshit bullshit bullshit"

Why are you on this forum if you can't even make a decent argument for the shit you come up with?
By Godstud
Yep. Let's all limit comments from anyone who doesn't live there. How dare Blackjack21 comment on Thailand when he doesn't live there? :lol:

That's a good way to ruin an International Forum about Politics.

Oh yeah... Only people who agree can post here, too! :lol:
By Hong Wu
Godstud wrote:It's only the NFL, so who gives a fuck?

If you care about football, the protests don't bother you.

If you don't care about football, they do.

it's that fucking simple.

If you want me to care for a fucking industry that cranks their prices up for merchandise by 1000%, then you are sadly mistaken. :lol: I can get an NFL jersey for $20 USD in Thailand, and it'd pass for a NFL jersey in USA(Same manufacturer... and it says Made in USA!).

Fun fact: If USA in Thailand holds land for the maximum lease, it is declared US land. Enjoy that tidbit as you "buy American", from Thai factories.

You literally just posted that people who don't care about the NFL shouldn't comment on the protests, if we follow this to its logical conclusion.
By Godstud
It's a big mountain made out of a mole hill. That's all it is.
By blackjack21
Godstud wrote:You weren't arguing against my points, btw. You were just attacking me. That demonstrates how shit anything you have to say about the topic actually is.

You were calling people "dopey cunts" and could not even get your spelling and grammar correct while trying to insult other people's intelligence. I wasn't attacking you personally. While I certainly swear from time to time, I rarely do so to the extent you do.

Godstud wrote:@blackjack21 Your use of logical fallacies in your last post leaves me stunned by the number. :lol:

What do you think is wrong with my argument?

Godstud wrote:"Other places are worse than the USA!"

I didn't say this. You did. I said that the police in the city of Rio de Janeiro, for example, shoot and kill more people per year than all of the police in the United States; AND, we don't hear you folks complaining about it. You only complain about the United States. Why is that?

Godstud wrote:"People who don't live there can't comment!"

I didn't say you can't comment on it. I'm just perplexed as to why you do when you have no ties to the United States. I don't have to dig much to find issues in Thailand that you never seem to address. You live there and have ties there. When Rei Murasame participated here, she regularly commented on Asian politics. You seem to ignore it altogether.

Why are you so disinterested in the politics of the country you live in, and so passionate about the politics of a country you don't live in and don't have any ties to?

Godstud wrote:"I like the amount of fail!"

What you consider a failure is something I support. So I don't share your values. That is not a logical fallacy.

Godstud wrote:Why are you on this forum if you can't even make a decent argument for the shit you come up with?

I just made plenty of them, and you choose not to address them.
By Godstud
Blackjack21 wrote:I said that the police in the city of Rio de Janeiro, for example, shoot and kill more people per year than all of the police in the United States;
That's a great example of a logical fallacy.

Blackjack21 wrote:I didn't say you can't comment on it. I'm just perplexed as to why you do when you have no ties to the United States.
It's a political forum. If you want an AGREEMENT forum, go somewhere else. Maybe try your alt-right wing conservative sites, if all you want is people nodding in agreement, while you say utterly stupid things. :lol:

Blackjack21 wrote:You only complain about the United States. Why is that?
That's a false statement, but I don't expect you to have a real argument. You're clearly incapable of having an argument without deflecting, making stupid implications, or making up stupid logical fallacies.

Blackjack21 wrote:When Rei Murasame participated here, she regularly commented on Asian politics.
I do post on Asian politics, but you don't care about those threads so you don't post there. You have no argument, AGAIN, and this is yet more deflection.

Blackjack21 wrote:Why are you so disinterested in the politics of the country you live in, and so passionate about the politics of a country you don't live in and don't have any ties to?
Why do you make such stupid fucking assumptions that I don't have ties to the USA? Are you an idiot? I have business in the USA. I have friends in the USA. What happens in the USA often affects Canada.

Generally, I avoid talking politics with people here because it's a subject that can get you in trouble, in Thailand. I acknowledge that it's not Canada, US, UK etc. You ragging on me because your poor USA is shitstorm, is laughable.

Blackjack21 wrote:I just made plenty of them, and you choose not to address them.
You arguments are as follows:
- You aren't here, so you can't comment.
- There are other places worse, like Brazil.
- You have no stake in USA, so you can't say anything.
- You talk about USA so you don't care about your own country.
- You're a doodyhead.
etc. etc.
By Doug64
And the fallout from the NFL owners' acquiescence in their players' disrespect for the flag and the country it represents continues to spread:

Papa John's sales reportedly drop amid national anthem protests — and the company is complaining to the NFL

The NFL protests might be hurting Papa John's pizza sales.

Papa John's in-game pizza sales have fallen since President Donald Trump encouraged people to boycott the NFL in late September, sources told the Sports Business Journal.

NFL spokesperson Joe Lockhart confirmed to Sports Business Journal that Papa John's had expressed concerns with the league. Further, Lockhart said that other top sponsors have expressed similar concerns as the NFL's TV ratings slump and political battles play out in the league.

This season, many players have knelt during the national anthem to protest racial inequality and police brutality.

Trump tweeted in late September that players kneeling are "disrespecting our Flag & Country." Many of the president's supporters agreed, canceling NFL TV bundles and burning merchandise.

Declining viewership isn't a new problem for the NFL, as ratings were down an average of 8% over the course of last season. The league has struggled in recent years to attract viewers, with people blaming everything from the 2016 presidential election, to millennial cord-cutters, to excessive commercials.

The NFL is crucial to Papa John's business. The company began its partnership with the NFL in 2010 and has "Preferred Pizza" partnerships with 23 NFL teams. Last year, the company signed a multi-year partnership with the NFL and the Super Bowl.

"Our partnership with the NFL, in particular, has been exceptional," Robert Thompson, senior vice president of marketing at Papa John's, told Business Insider in 2016. "One of the reasons the NFL is such a strong marketing opportunity is because of the number of people that watch the games live whether it be at home or in the stadium."
By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote:As far as celebrity scientists go, I'm not that impressed. First of all, the US has democratic elections, which requires appealing to a majority--and a mathematician can tell you if you need a majority, you need the lowest common denominator. It's pretty basic. Hawking isn't so brilliant that he could cure his own disease. In fact, I think our society is scientifically limited due to the corruption of our higher education system and the medical system. There is too much money to be made in not solving these problems.

Typical same ole same ole extreme right wing method. Don't like the message, smear the messenger. Most likely Donald's greatest talent.

"Hawking isn't so brilliant." :lol:
By Doug64
Libertarian353 wrote:@Doug64 This will benefit Blacks anyway. It proves how petty we whites have become. It also proves how much we hate Blacks.

Right, because protesting disrespect shown to the symbol of our country as a whole requires one to hate Blacks. :roll: I have to wonder sometimes if some on the Left have decided that they should unload "the basket of deplorables" and are trying to break up the United States.
Doug64 wrote:Right, because protesting disrespect shown to the symbol of our country as a whole requires one to hate Blacks. :roll: I have to wonder sometimes if some on the Left have decided that they should unload "the basket of deplorables" and are trying to break up the United States.

:lol: Let me guess republican? So predictable. Well I'll give you this, when america learns how to treat it's citizens right, then they won't have to kneel. Why enforce our tyranny to them? Killing Blacks will make Blacks want to join ISIS or commit race wars. Whites are breaking up US.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Since Hamas would have been unable to enter the ho[…]

The bill proposed by Congress could easily be used[…]

@FiveofSwords " Franz [B]oas " Are[…]

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/178385974554[…]