Trump Takes on NFL - Page 24 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Godstud
So Fox News is OK when it talks good about ATrump, but when it talks shit(truth) about him, it's fake, huh Hindsite? :lol:

Real news- Because it's Fox. See, even they think Trump's a amoral bastard.
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote:So Fox News is OK when it talks good about ATrump, but when it talks shit(truth) about him, it's fake, huh Hindsite? :lol:

Real news- Because it's Fox. See, even they think Trump's a amoral bastard.

Cavuto: Trump brings out the left's hypocrisy

By 4cal
Finfinder wrote:What part of at game time do you not understand?

Popovich hilarious he is such a disrespectful ahole I saw the lame ass press conference .........

NFL players protest during the games?

Uh....no
By Hindsite
4cal wrote:NFL players protest during the games?

Uh....no

The National Anthem is played at NFL game time as the opening ceremony just before the football game begins. Praise the Lord.
By Godstud
The national anthem is a song, used as an anthem since 1931. It is less important than the Constitution(1767) granting people the right to ignore the anthem.

People exercising their rights from the Constitution is American. Opposing the exercise of those rights, is unAmerican, and unpatriotic.

The Kaepernick protest has no effect, or bearing, on the football games, thenselves. People boycotting the games, are therefore fools. People speaking out against such a small peaceful protest(only lasting as long as the song), are anti-Constitutional and disloyal to American values.
By Hong Wu
Zagadka wrote:That, or it could be that industrial capitalists destroy the environment.

So which industrial capitalist items do you have the ability to partake of but choose not to? All these Berkeley liberal types signal that they're Qatz but most of them aren't.

I'm switching from a car to a motorcycle soon :excited: If I were still a liberal I'd of said it was for the environment but 90% at least I just want a bike.
By Zagadka
Hong Wu wrote:So which industrial capitalist items do you have the ability to partake of but choose not to?

Most parts I know about? I kinda expect this whole thing called "the government" to govern.

I'm not going to be able to track down every sheet of plywood I buy to make sure it wasn't clear cut. Not even going to be able to do that since your industrial capitalists won't let anyone regulate or label their products, judging by how they bend backwards to misuse terms like "organic" every chance they can.

I'm not even against "industrial capitalism". Of course it has to take place. I am against it without oversight.

The effective difference between no oversight v. oversight

It is really still "all industrial capitalism or no industrial capitalism" with you lot.
By Hong Wu
Zagadka wrote:Most parts I know about? I kinda expect this whole thing called "the government" to govern.

I'm not going to be able to track down every sheet of plywood I buy to make sure it wasn't clear cut. Not even going to be able to do that since your industrial capitalists won't let anyone regulate or label their products, judging by how they bend backwards to misuse terms like "organic" every chance they can.

I'm not even against "industrial capitalism". Of course it has to take place. I am against it without oversight.

The effective difference between no oversight v. oversight

Can you name anything specific in terms of consumer items that are otherwise available to you that you personally sacrifice in the struggle against unchecked industrial capitalism? Lol.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/alan- ... le/2638294 -- no constitutional right to free speech while you're on the job, in uniform no less. You're representing your organization at that point and they pay you for it.

https://nypost.com/2017/09/17/nfl-playe ... the-field/ -- @Godstud or whoever said the players aren't protesting on the field, some of them are.

Again, this is classic SJW overreach. They don't care at all who their customers are or the organization that gave them a legal monopoly.
By Godstud
Hong Wu wrote:- @Godstud or whoever said the players aren't protesting on the field, some of them are.
:lol: You must mean this, right?
Rules. The 2011 NFL Rules state in Rule 7, Section 2, Article 1(c): "An official shall declare the ball dead and the down ended … when a quarterback immediately drops to his knee (or simulates dropping to his knee) behind the line of scrimmage".

They aren't doing any other "protest", and the article you linked doesn't say it, either. Read it before you post it.
By Zagadka
Hong Wu wrote:Can you name anything specific in terms of consumer items that are otherwise available to you that you personally sacrifice in the struggle against unchecked industrial capitalism? Lol.

1) You are still really hung up on the concept that being against unchecked industrial capitalism, you have to be entirely against industrial capitalism. I am a syndicalist, not a communist or nativist. I believe in most of capitalism and I don't have delusions of being one with nature.

2) When there is something available organic or recycled? Yes. When it is directly harmful? No. When it supports local producers? Yes. Most of what I'd want is means of resources and production to be changed, not means of distribution. As I said, your saintly industry does everything possible to obfuscate what they are doing in production, so even "organic" is a misleading term.

If there is nothing in the stores to have choice about, you can't blame people for choosing one sin over the other. Gotta eat. Most of what I buy is either digital or food. Digital-wise, I install solar panels and push for clean energy production. Food wise, I try the best I can to find less impactful foods.

3) I regularly buy food from companies I know are syndicates or co-ops, or local family owned, even if Wal-Mart has it on sale. That takes some research and finding, since not every supermarket carries them.

What suggestions do you have about consumer products?
By Hong Wu
Zagadka wrote:What suggestions do you have about consumer products?

Fair enough :D Qatz on this forum rides a bike everywhere and generally seems to live a not-modern lifestyle within a modern environment. I think it's cool that he's so consistent. If you criticize something but also rely upon it, I think that's "problematic". Just because you criticize it and support this thing or that thing that hasn't really gone anywhere doesn't mean that there are feasible alternatives that will support your lifestyle.

So what do I suggest? Usually I just say not to use electricity for recreation if you're a hardcore environmentalist. There is lots of stuff you could do, in some ways more things you could do, that don't require the industrial beast in order for it to happen.

@Godstud, the article is pretty clear. E.g.: "Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett, who is among the ranks of NFL players to sit during the anthem, celebrated a sack Sunday afternoon with a single raised fist." Not sure why you're looking up NFL rules over this.
By Zagadka
I take mass transit when possible. Which it isn't really possible in Los Angeles.

Using electricity isn't necessarily a bad thing. There are clean ways to produce it, and the efficiency we get from everything from engines to computers make everything more efficient, using fewer resources. Like I said, I'm not opposed to modern technology like some (your Qatz scale). I'm about conservation and oversight in production where possible. Sustainable resource management.
By Godstud
Oh my Buddha!!!
A single raised fist! What a controversy!!

Are you fucking serious, or are you really going to consider that as some kind of huge protest?

If the answer to that last question was 'Yes', then you really are a huge snowflake, and should move to the North Pole and help Santa make sure snow is there.

A raised fist is how many people celebrate goals, and it is pretty much meaningless.
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote:People boycotting the games, are therefore fools. People speaking out against such a small peaceful protest(only lasting as long as the song), are anti-Constitutional and disloyal to American values.

Those protesting the national anthem and those supporting kneeling to do it are the fools. HalleluYah.
By Hindsite
Zagadka wrote:Your argument is air tight. In that it is mostly air.

I am glad that you appreciate it. Praise the Lord.
By Drlee
I think I will refer to Trump supporters as "Trumpets". He has them dancing on a string for sure. There is only one person keeping this controversy going. That is Trump. He needs these wild issues of mass distraction to take attention away from the fact that he is not delivering on any of his campaign promises. That is unless he can do it on the backs of the poor and middle classes.
By Hindsite
Drlee wrote:I think I will refer to Trump supporters as "Trumpets". He has them dancing on a string for sure. There is only one person keeping this controversy going. That is Trump. He needs these wild issues of mass distraction to take attention away from the fact that he is not delivering on any of his campaign promises. That is unless he can do it on the backs of the poor and middle classes.

Trump has delivered on his promises and is still delivering on his promises. Unlike the Hillary supporters, we Trump supporters know all the campaign promises can't be fulfilled all at once by magic.

@Rancid They, the dogs, don't go crazy. They s[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]