Trump Takes on NFL - Page 46 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Zagadka
jimjam wrote:President Obama should invite the Eagles to his house for a barbecue. :lol:

That would be epic.

blackjack21 wrote:Wait. They got it wrong, admitted it and apologized and you are upset about that?

They didn't bother paying attention to their story, so yea. I've seen the hairtrigger kneejerk reaction to "MSM" stories, but given the entire thing is just a story spun by Trump in the first place...
The Eagles are acting like a child sent to it’s room for refusing to eat dinner. They feel proud of depriving themselves until the hunger pains make them realize they only hurt themselves and Trump is not hurt at all by this.
By Zamuel
One Degree wrote:Trump is not hurt at all by this.

So, who is ? Why is the President of the United states trying to "Hurt" a football team?

Trump could have a had a nice photo with a few coach's and football players smiling at him. This would have been a positive story affirming American values even in the face of dissension. Instead he chose to turn it into a negative confrontation, insulting even those willing to support him. It's part of a consistent pattern, Trump willfully choosing to accent the negative and provoke divisive reaction. The NFL caves and makes rules that support Trump's position - He scorns them and demands heavier punishment of his "enemies." A summit with North Korea is scheduled, he cancels it without reason, just to increase tension and discord. Then renews it once the damage is done. This guy does not have American unity, American Values, or America's future, in mind. Everything he has done since becoming President has HURT America.

Zam :smokin:
By One Degree
Zamuel wrote:So, who is ? Why is the President of the United states trying to "Hurt" a football team?

Trump could have a had a nice photo with a few coach's and football players smiling at him. This would have been a positive story affirming American values even in the face of dissension. Instead he chose to turn it into a negative confrontation, insulting even those willing to support him. It's part of a consistent pattern, Trump willfully choosing to accent the negative and provoke divisive reaction. The NFL caves and makes rules that support Trump's position - He scorns them and demands heavier punishment of his "enemies." A summit with North Korea is scheduled, he cancels it without reason, just to increase tension and discord. Then renews it once the damage is done. This guy does not have American unity, American Values, or America's future, in mind. Everything he has done since becoming President has HURT America.

Zam :smokin:

He hurt your America, not mine. You blame Trump for cancelling both of these while the truth is he did so in retaliation to actions taken by those groups. You seem to have ‘action’ confused with ‘reaction’. You think North Korea and the Eagles should disrespect him and he should just grin and bear it. You are only upset because he refuses to be a willing victim.
By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote:Wait. They got it wrong, admitted it and apologized and you are upset about that?

They would not have apologized for shit if they had not been called out on it. This episode is, at best, an example of incompetence on the part of Fox Fake News and, at worst, a premeditated attempt to suck up to Donald by employing his tactic of lies and deceit.

It is a bit surprising to see that you admit that "they got it wrong". This may be a first in your schtick that Donald and his apologists never ever err. But you were, obviously, cornered in this instance.”
Last edited by jimjam on 06 Jun 2018 21:16, edited 2 times in total.
One Degree wrote:The Eagles are acting like a child sent to it’s room for refusing to eat dinner. They feel proud of depriving themselves until the hunger pains make them realize they only hurt themselves and Trump is not hurt at all by this.

They won the Superbowl, what the fuck are they depriving themselves of? lol

Every single player on the team is guaranteed free beer, meals, and unlimited pussy in Philadelphia. Oh boy, they're sure missing out by not hanging out with Trump lmao.

Loving 1º's totally not fawning fantasies of strong daddy Trump somehow ruining a Superbowl win for the Eagles.
By One Degree
SpecialOlympian wrote:They won the Superbowl, what the fuck are they depriving themselves of? lol

Every single player on the team is guaranteed free beer, meals, and unlimited pussy in Philadelphia. Oh boy, they're sure missing out by not hanging out with Trump lmao.

Let’s see how their season ticket sales hold up. Let’s see what they think in negotiations when declining income means smaller salaries. They simply added to the reasons their future pay will be reduced. They are in a no win situation along with the NFL. You can not improve by continuing to alienate fans. Their actions alienated more people which only hurts themselves.
Yeah, nothing hurts attendance, enthusiasm, or a player's negotiating stance more than winning the Superbowl.

Show us on the doll where the Eagles hurt you.
By Zamuel
One Degree wrote:He hurt your America, not mine.

That's kind of what I'm talking about … "your America, not mine"
What ever happened to "one nation, indivisible?"

Zam :eh:
By One Degree
SpecialOlympian wrote:Yeah, nothing hurts attendance, enthusiasm, or a player's negotiating stance more than winning the Superbowl.

Show us on the doll where the Eagles hurt you.

It only hurts a little and I don’t like to complain.:)
It was the only reason I had left to own a TV. My pain is nothing compared to that of the Media and NFL.
All the pain falls on those who supported the protests. I don’t see anyone else suffering.
By One Degree
Zamuel wrote:That's kind of what I'm talking about … "your America, not mine"
What ever happened to "one nation, indivisible?"

Zam :eh:

Liberals destroyed it with identity politics. They insisted being Americans was not enough. We had to be white or black Americans. Male or female, etc.
By Zamuel
One Degree wrote:Liberals destroyed it with identity politics. They insisted being Americans was not enough. We had to be white or black Americans. Male or female, etc.

Yeah, sure, like when they were lynching all those negros … :lol: :lol: :lol: Right? :eek: (not much to laugh about :knife: )

Zam
By One Degree
Zamuel wrote:Yeah, sure, like when they were lynching all those negros … :lol: :lol: :lol: Right? :eek: (not much to laugh about :knife: )

Zam

Wow. Way to jump to worn out misconceptions. You do know virtually all lynchings occurred after slavery ended? You do know it was a common form of punishment for all races and had no specific connection to race.
By Drlee
Liberals destroyed it with identity politics. They insisted being Americans was not enough. We had to be white or black Americans. Male or female, etc.

Wait. Are you actually saying that "liberals" invented identity politics?

Plebe.
By One Degree
Drlee wrote:Wait. Are you actually saying that "liberals" invented identity politics?

Plebe.

No I did not say that and I find it amazing you could interpret it so. Did you think ‘destroyed’ and ‘invented’ were synonymous?
By blackjack21
jimjam wrote:They would not have apologized for shit if they had not been called out on it. This episode is, at best, an example of incompetence on the part of Fox Fake News and, at worst, a premeditated attempt to suck up to Donald by employing his tactic of lies and deceit.

It is a bit surprising to see that you admit that "they got it wrong". This may be a first in your schtick that Donald and his apologists never ever err. But you were, obviously, cornered in this instance.

When I say things like, "Trump is the greatest!" I am usually doing so while chuckling at the people who think Trump is Hitler. I don't think FoxNews higher-ups would pull something like that intentionally. I do think young punks in the organization might have done that intentionally. Generally, lots of players kneel in a huddle and say a prayer before, sometimes during (like in the case of an injury), and after the game. I think that's great.
One Degree wrote:It was the only reason I had left to own a TV. My pain is nothing compared to that of the Media and NFL.

Lmao. I wouldn't give a shit if the NFL folded tomorrow. This sentence is so pathetic.

"Never enjoying my only reason to own a television again, to own the libs."

Nooooo please don't own the libs by slowly chipping away at every source of joy in your life please no stop haha
One Degree wrote:The Eagles are acting like a child sent to it’s room for refusing to eat dinner. They feel proud of depriving themselves until the hunger pains make them realize they only hurt themselves and Trump is not hurt at all by this.

That's how it's playing out.

Trump 7, Eagles 0
I’m not going to get into the NFL’s recent ruling on what players next season will have to do during the anthem because, frankly, I don’t care anymore about the NFL.

That's a far bigger danger than anger from a fan base. Apathy is the end.

LeBron James took time off Tuesday from preparing for Cleveland’s NBA final against Golden State to say that neither basketball team would go to the White House because “no one wants the invite anyways.” Amen. Let’s end right now the ridiculous habit of inviting the sports world’s plutocrats to the White House.

I agree wholeheartedly. Time for politicians to get back to work, including Trump.

But here’s what galls even non-Trumpians about this kneeling kerfuffle: We live in a world soaking in partisan politics. Then one day you wake up ready to relax with NFL Sunday, and you discover that “The Star-Spangled Banner” has become totally politicized. Any normal person, including liberals who won’t admit it, would have a three-word reaction to this spectacle, and the first two words begin with “w” and “t.”

That was my whole point in my Star Wars, Solo is Tanking at the Box Office thread. You want to go for some escapist entertainment, and instead you get force fed propaganda--only you paid for it too. It's truly wonderful that Obama is gone, but we're going to have to live with the fallout of his two terms for some time to come.

Then, even now, the people who voted for Hillary still claim to be shocked and stunned that an electorate beaten down by the politicization of everything in life voted for the guy who makes a mockery of all that.

Yep.

The sophisticates in the media thought they could beat Donald Trump at this game by burying him under waves of negative publicity. But he feeds off of it, just as he turned the Philadelphia Eagles’ White House no-show into a display of patriotic music, with the maestro at the center.

Yep, and according to Rush Limbaugh (just had to throw that in), demonstrated political mastery in the culture wars.

Trump Was a Step Ahead of the Eagles Setup

They got hotel rooms; they traveled up there. And then earlier this week when the Eagles phoned in to confirm, they said, “Maximum 10 people, more like three to five, and only one player.” Nick Foles, the quarterback. That’s when Trump said… And the mascot, they were gonna send the mascot. Trump said, “That’s crazy. We’ll just cancel the thing.” But they had originally reported 70 were gonna show up. I think it was… I actually do think… I think it was an effort that they were going to try to humiliate the president.

I think they were trying to finagle this so that Trump did the ceremony with only three to five people from the Eagles organization. I think that’s what their objective was, and Trump canceled so now they get mad at Trump and they start dumping all on him. But he was the one ahead of the ball, ahead of the game on this one. So chalk up another victory for Trump in an effort to undermine him and make him look bad. And I’ll guarantee you this: You’re not gonna see any stories on this.

But on Park Avenue in New York where the NFL headquarters, this is not the kind of off-season PR they want! I mean, I don’t know how many of ’em in the NFL office hate Trump. There probably are some. But this is not what they want. The Super Bowl Champion football team openly refusing to go after committing to be there — and having it become this big, major story? Folks, believe me. The NFL knows they are not gonna sell an additional ticket because of this.

Now, there are a bunch of idiots on the left who do not understand business who think that a plan or an event where Donald Trump is shown up or disrespected is gonna be appreciated so much by left-wing radicals that they’re gonna go out and buy tickets to the Eagles games or any other NFL games. That’s not how it works! Especially with a track record over the past two years of the NFL.

Rush has it exactly right. This is only going to hurt NFL viewership.

SpecialOlympian wrote:I wouldn't give a shit if the NFL folded tomorrow.

Your sentiment is increasingly shared by former NFL fans. The owners tend to share your political views, and they are in a very difficult situation now, just like Hollywood executives that put DNC themes into all of their films. Attendance is way off.
By maz
Colin Kaepernick and his lawyers are blaming President Trump for Kaepernick not getting picked up by any NFL teams. Not because he would have been a distraction, wasn't a good fit for their team, or not even good enough for their team, but because the teams are scared of the president.

Sources: Colin Kaepernick’s Legal Team Expected To Subpoena President Trump In Case Against NFL

After months of circling President Donald Trump during NFL depositions and discovery, Colin Kaepernick’s lawyers are expected to force Trump directly into the ongoing legal battle between the quarterback and league.

Kaepernick’s legal team is expected to seek federal subpoenas in the coming weeks to compel testimony from Trump, Vice President Mike Pence and other officials familiar with the president’s agenda on protesting NFL players, sources with knowledge of the quarterback’s collusion case against the NFL told Yahoo Sports.

The aim will be a dive into the administration’s political involvement with the NFL during Kaepernick’s free agency and the league’s handling of player protests, sources said. This after recent disclosures that multiple owners had direct talks with Trump about players kneeling during the national anthem. The content of those conversations between Trump and owners – as well as any forms of pressure directed at the league by the administration – are expected to shape the requests to force the testimony of Trump, Pence and other affiliated officials, sources said.

How will Kaepernick’s team build an argument to subpoena Trump?

But long before that quandary comes to fruition, Kaepernick’s attorneys will be tasked with illustrating a connection between the quarterback’s unemployment and Trump’s pressure on the NFL regarding protests during the national anthem.

With that in mind, multiple incidents could factor prominently into the request for subpoenas. Among a few (but not all) that could ultimately be referenced by Kaepernick’s attorneys:

• In August 2016, as a Republican presidential candidate, Trump went on Seattle radio station KIRO and remarked of Kaepernick protesting during the national anthem: “I think it’s personally not a good thing, I think it’s a terrible thing. And, you know, maybe he should find a country that works better for him.”

That could prove to be significant, because it can be framed as the “clock-starting” moment when Trump’s interference in Kaepernick’s livelihood first began, then extended and became amplified into the presidency.

• In March 2017, New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft joined Trump on a flight aboard Air Force One in which the two men engaged in conversation. The next day, at a speaking event in Kentucky, Trump bragged that NFL owners weren’t signing Kaepernick because they were afraid of him.
Last edited by maz on 08 Jun 2018 00:20, edited 1 time in total.

As a Latino, I am always very careful about crossi[…]

As I pointed out. the source says 'there is no sc[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting: https://jackrasmus.com/2024/04/23/uk[…]

Here are some of the the latest reports of student[…]