Trump Takes on NFL - Page 45 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
One Degree wrote:I don’t want amateur political pundits interfering with my watching football. Kaepernick was only a problem because the liberal media made sure we saw what he was doing. They made it political way before Trump. If they had not seen the need to turn my recreation into political commentary, then I would have cared less what he was doing off camera.
The attempt to make it about his free speech is dishonest because no one would care about what he thought about politics except the liberal media told us we should. It is about politicizing football for liberal propaganda purposes, not about his free speech.

Oh, so it is the fault of the media that you have a double standard.

Roseanne has the right to free speech without consequences, but Kaepernick has to suffer punishment for his free speech, because a third party (i.e. the media) supposedly conspired to offend you.
By Zamuel
Trump calls off Eagles visit over anthem dispute Associated Press - Monday, June 04, 2018

quote]https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAydRlv?m=en-us&referrerID=InAppShare

Trump said in a statement that some members of the Super Bowl championship team "disagree with their President because he insists that they proudly stand for the National Anthem, hand on heart (see URL for details)

Trump is stirring shit up again. He'll meet with Kim Jung Un, but not the Eagles ...

Zam :eh:
By Finfinder
Pants-of-dog wrote:
Roseanne has the right to free speech without consequences, but Kaepernick has to suffer punishment for his free speech, because a third party (i.e. the media) supposedly conspired to offend you.

Your feelings have nothing to do with a couple of simple facts that escape you. Kaepernick has turned down job offers. Kaepernick is also considered a mediocre back-up quarterback at best, while Rosanne recently broke records with her television show ratings.
By Godstud
Finfinder wrote:Kaepernick is also considered a mediocre back-up quarterback at best
Kaepernick was an average starting quarterback, but not a backup.

Throughout the history of the NFL, among all 186 quarterbacks to record at least 1,500 attempts throughout their careers, Colin Kaepernick ranks fifth-best in passing touchdown to interception ratio (72:30.)

Who gives a fuck about Roseanne's show? She wasn't even good in it. They should rename it Dan, and continue on with it, and assume that Roseanne got jailed.
By Finfinder
Godstud wrote:Kaepernick was an average starting quarterback, but not a backup.

Throughout the history of the NFL, among all 186 quarterbacks to record at least 1,500 attempts throughout their careers, Colin Kaepernick ranks fifth-best in passing touchdown to interception ratio (72:30.)

Who gives a fuck about Roseanne's show? She wasn't even good in it. They should rename it Dan, and continue on with it, and assume that Roseanne got jailed.

Your Tourette's outbursts aside .... I can cherry pick Tim Tebow's stats and that still doesn't make him a viable starting or back up QB in the NFL. I'm sure you have the same feeling that about Tebow as you do Kaepernick. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How come Kaepernick turned down job offers then ?
It really goes to show ya AMERICA absolutely has no problem with racism and is extremely normal when all it takes is a single black man kneeling during the anthem to make half of white AMERICA flip their fucking shit and lose the ability to enjoy their favorite past time lol
By Godstud
Finfinder wrote:I'm sure you have the same feeling that about Tebow as you do Kaepernick.
I wouldn't care if he stood on his head during the Anthem. It's just a song. Tebow, kaepernick... kneeling isn't a big deal. Why do you feel it's a big deal?
Finfinder wrote:Your feelings have nothing to do with a couple of simple facts that escape you. Kaepernick has turned down job offers. Kaepernick is also considered a mediocre back-up quarterback at best, while Rosanne recently broke records with her television show ratings.

This has nothing to do with my point.

Mind you, since I was continuing another conversation from another thread, I do not expect you to understand.
By Finfinder
Pants-of-dog wrote:This has nothing to do with my point.

Mind you, since I was continuing another conversation from another thread, I do not expect you to understand.

Since Canadian football is a JV sub-par rendition of American football, I was educating you on a sport conversation you have clearly demonstrated that you really don't comprehend fully.
Finfinder wrote:Since Canadian football is a JV sub-par rendition of American football, I was educating you on a sport conversation you have clearly demonstrated that you really don't comprehend fully.

Since I was not discussing the rules or gameplay of American football, you are clearly confused.

Do you have anything to say about free speech, which was my point?
By Finfinder
Pants-of-dog wrote:Since I was not discussing the rules or gameplay of American football, you are clearly confused.

Do you have anything to say about free speech, which was my point?

Since you lack the understanding that sub par athletic organizations (like Canadian football) and c list actors literally have no platform for their supposed free speech to escalate to the height this issues has you are making my point for me.
Finfinder wrote:Since you lack the understanding that sub par athletic organizations (like Canadian football) and c list actors literally have no platform for their supposed free speech to escalate to the height this issues has you are making my point for me.

What is your point?
By Drlee
It really goes to show ya AMERICA absolutely has no problem with racism and is extremely normal when all it takes is a single black man kneeling during the anthem to make half of white AMERICA flip their fucking shit and lose the ability to enjoy their favorite past time lol

There is the truth. And the president absolutely know how to throw red meat to his racist base.

This is all about racism and not at all about patriotism, the flag or our poor dear troops. It is about "uppity black men".
By jimjam
Another hilliarous demonstration of buffoonery by Donald today. When only three players and the team mascot were slated to show up at the Whitehouse for the traditional honoring of Super Bowel winners, Donald decided to "disinvite" the Philadelphia Eagles and hold a "celebration of America". Adding a personal note to the comedy, Donald obviously did not remember all of the words to God Bless America during the songfest portion of the "celebration". He kinda kept his mouth shut in the middle and bobbed his head up and down. :lol:
By jimjam
Tight end Zach Ertz and Long spoke out against Fox News’ coverage of the president’s announcement after the network showed photos of Eagles players kneeling ― but doing so in prayer, not during the national anthem. Fox News later apologized, admitting its coverage included “unrelated footage.”

Way to go good ole "fair and balanced." No fake news there.

President Obama should invite the Eagles to his house for a barbecue. :lol:
By blackjack21
jimjam wrote:Tight end Zach Ertz and Long spoke out against Fox News’ coverage of the president’s announcement after the network showed photos of Eagles players kneeling ― but doing so in prayer, not during the national anthem. Fox News later apologized, admitting its coverage included “unrelated footage.”

Way to go good ole "fair and balanced." No fake news there. :lol:

Wait. They got it wrong, admitted it and apologized and you are upset about that?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Then why do Mexicans keep going to USA? IIRC, […]

@Pants-of-dog If you put it to a vote, you'd fin[…]

Are you hoping I want aids? No, I want you to b[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Then why are people like you so worried about The[…]