Is Trump Unpatriotic? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
During the run up to the election Donald proclaimed that John McCain was not a war hero: "He’s a war hero because he was captured," Trump said July 18, 2015, during an interview in Ames, Iowa. "I like people who weren’t captured." McCain ended up in a Hanoi POW camp after his Navy dive bomber was shot down in 1967. He broke both arms and a leg as he ejected. He endured enormous pain and torture and spent over five years in captivity. I guess if McCain had fought off the entire North Vietnamese army and escaped with two broken arms and a broken leg he may have, just may have, qualified for hero status in Donald's version of reality.

That this differs from Donald's war record is an understatement. Donald received five deferments from the draft. Four student deferments and one medical deferment for "bone spurs" ( :eek: ) on his feet that were "discovered" during a medical examination he had after his student days ran out. It is interesting to note that during a period between his second and third student deferments he was briefly classified as 1A, eligible for the draft. Somehow his medical exam at the time failed to notice "bone spurs".

Trump failed to mention his medical deferment when he told ABC News on July 19, 2015, that he was never drafted because the draft lottery went into effect and his birthday came with a high number.

"If I would have gotten a low number, I would have been drafted. I would have proudly served," he said. "But I got a number, I think it was 356. That’s right at the very end. And they didn't get -- I don’t believe -- past even 300, so I was -- I was not chosen because of the fact that I had a very high lottery number."

Additionally, Donald had the opportunity to volunteer and the record speaks for itself that he did not.

You reap what you sow is apparently a maxim that Donald is not familiar with. I have to wonder if John McCain's failure to vote for shit bills that would make Donald seem like a Great Man has anything to do with being on the receiving end of Donald's childish insults.

These days Donald has found it useful to beat the drums of jingoism as a way to distract attention from his so far failed legislative record and various criminal investigations on his horizon.
Last edited by jimjam on 25 Sep 2017 02:44, edited 1 time in total.
McCain is a racist piece of shit and a war criminal, in bed with Al-Qaeda in the ME and fascists in Ukraine. Trump trolling him is just whatever; one dickhead talking about an even bigger dickhead.

Hopefully both die this year. :D
By mikema63
Trump is a dingleberry, McCain is a dingleberry, but as long as the dingleberries are thwarting each other's ability to take healthcare money out of the hands of millions of poor people I hope they both stay hale and hearty.
By B0ycey
Trump is unpatriotic because he doesn't like the first amendment. He either wants to deport his enemies or fire them for taking a knee. :lol:

How much longer until he is impeached :lol:
By ArtAllm
Trump is a patriot of Israel, he will make Israel greater, and he will not go to jail, as long as he does what the (((deep state))) tells him to do.
The hysteria about Trump being a puppet of Putin and a "racist" helps to conceal the fact, that Trump is a puppet of Zionists.
jimjam wrote:During the run up to the election Donald proclaimed that John McCain was not a war hero: "He’s a war hero because he was captured," Trump said July 18, 2015, during an interview in Ames, Iowa. "I like people who weren’t captured." McCain ended up in a Hanoi POW camp after his Navy dive bomber was shot down in 1967. He broke both arms and a leg as he ejected. He endured enormous pain and torture and spent over five years in captivity. I guess if McCain had fought off the entire North Vietnamese army and escaped with two broken legs he may have, just may have, qualified for hero status in Donald's version of reality

I think the fact that after suffering for several years cruel torture, he was offered freedom by the NRA, but rejected the offer, saying he would stay with his fellow inmates, until they could be released. That takes real courage.
By Suntzu
Everything we know about McCain's captivity came from McCain because he was kept in isolation. We do know that he made a propaganda film for the North Vietnamese calling them humane and apologizing for being a war criminal. Oddly, he had all his records sealed.
Trump is a patriot for Russia. He would sell his soul for Russia. Wait....does he even have a soul?

Good on McCain for upsetting orangeface. Trump doesn't deserve support if he wants to spew garbage and shit everywhere and worldwide. He is a walking disaster.
By Politiks
MistyTiger wrote:Trump is a patriot for Russia. He would sell his soul for Russia. Wait....does he even have a soul?

Good on McCain for upsetting orangeface. Trump doesn't deserve support if he wants to spew garbage and shit everywhere and worldwide. He is a walking disaster.

It's very interesting and amusing how Americans seem unaware of how much USA and Russia are similar.
By Rancid
With the paradigm that patriotism is a good thing. It's very clear he is unpatriotic. He will say anything to get attention, money, and power. He will throw anyone under the bus for the same, including one of his fellow countryman. The guy is a weasel snake, and all the dumb asses that still support this guy are fucking morons.
skinster wrote:How do Trump supporters feel about him being a neocon shill now, despite running with opposite plans?

His supporters have been real quiet about certain things since the election. :excited:

Most of them are way too stupid to notice.
By Hindsite
I believe President Trump is among the most Patriotic of the U.S. Presidents.

Newt Gingrich: President Trump's UN address reasserts patriotism and sovereignty

During his remarks, President Trump asked member nations, “Are we still patriots? Do we love our nations enough to protect their sovereignty and to take ownership of their futures? Do we revere them enough to defend their interests, preserve their cultures, and ensure a peaceful world for their citizens?”

As President Trump said on Tuesday, “If the righteous many do not confront the wicked few, then evil will triumph. When decent people and nations become bystanders to history, the forces of destruction only gather power and strength.”

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/09/ ... ignty.html

President Obama was the least patriotic of the U.S. Presidents.

Rep. Mulvaney Calls Obama, “Least patriotic President in American history”

Rep. Mulvaney went on to highlight some of the irony or hypocrisy coming out of Obama and his supporters.

“As an example of that…it seems that then-Senator Obama didn’t hesitate to question the patriotism of George W. Bush. Of course, the irony — and the disappointing part to me — in the speech, is that the now President is attacking his predecessor’s patriotism because of the amount by which the national debt grew under his administration. If we were to use that same measure to evaluate President Obama’s time in office, he would be the least patriotic President in American history.”

http://politichicks.com/2015/02/rep-mul ... n-history/

A photograph that shows Barack Obama not placing his hand over his heart while the U.S. national anthem is being played.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp

Make America Great Again, Greater Than Ever Before.
Praise the Lord. HalleluYah
By jimjam
Donald is clearly a divider and not a uniter. Time and again he has used his brand of vapid rah-rah bullshit to distract from his absence of legislative accomplishment, his various looming criminal investigations and, as a bonus, he gets to whip his 30% base into a psychotic frenzy.

He seems to draw a kind of psychic energy from conflict. We’ve never had a president who so relishes producing animosity and hate among Americans, and who does it so consistently, so gleefully and so intentionally. And when there are no obvious targets, Mr. Trump goes in search of them. He seems to have a psychological need to keep everyone around him on edge and at each other’s throats.

Michael Jordan is the latest owner to speak out in regards to Donald Trump's recent criticism of NBA and NFL athletes, releasing a statement Sunday to address the controversial opinions of the U.S. President.

"One of the fundamental rights this country is founded on was freedom of speech, and we have a long tradition of nonviolent, peaceful protest," Jordan wrote in a statement, according to Rick Bonnell of The Charlotte Observer. "Those who exercise the right to peacefully express themselves should not be demonized or ostracized.

"At a time of increasing divisiveness and hate in this country, we should be looking for ways to work together and support each other and not create more division.

IMHO Donald is the least patriotic president I have seen in my lifetime for the following reasons:

*For his efforts at sowing hatred, anger and division throughout the land.
*His complete disregard for the constitutionally protected right of free speech of Americans.
*His hypocritical mocking of John McCain's heroic Vietnam war record while, at the same time, having a Vietnam war record consisting of deferments, not putting his money where his mouth was by volunteering for service and ....... bone spurs.
By skinster
I mean I think they can figure out the difference between Trump on his sales pitch during the election being opposed to the stupid wars and Trump once elected continuing the same path of Obama and Bush before him.

I mean, I would hope they could see the difference. Perhaps I'm being too generous. But who knows, they're all silent right now :excited:
By Hindsite
skinster wrote:I mean I think they can figure out the difference between Trump on his sales pitch during the election being opposed to the stupid wars and Trump once elected continuing the same path of Obama and Bush before him.

I mean, I would hope they could see the difference. Perhaps I'm being too generous. But who knows, they're all silent right now :excited:

Trump is opposed to stupid wars, but all for smart wars. Praise the Lord. HalleluYah.

Sounds like perfect organized crime material ex[…]

@wat0n Your obsession with sexual violence is[…]

Since you keep insisting on pretending that the I[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]