Which wall style do you prefer? - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I am saying that justifying things has nothing to do with the causative chain that ends in border violence.

If you want to reduce that violence, then that causative chain must be addressed.

I do not think that the US government has any intention of reducing the violence.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I am saying that justifying things has nothing to do with the causative chain that ends in border violence.

If you want to reduce that violence, then that causative chain must be addressed.

I do not think that the US government has any intention of reducing the violence.

So you aren't advocating for anything, you are just saying that the US is bad because violence exists and there's a causative chain. Sounds kind of shallow to me. If the violence there isn't the US' fault I see no reason to blame the US for it.
Hong Wu wrote:So you aren't advocating for anything, you are just saying that the US is bad because violence exists and there's a causative chain. Sounds kind of shallow to me. If the violence there isn't the US' fault I see no reason to blame the US for it.

Feel free to assume that I think the “US is bad” or that I am “shallow”, whatever that means.

This has no effect on my argument concerning a causative chain.

If you wish to blame someone for the violence, it would make sense to blame the Mexican cartels vying for control of the smuggling routes. They are the ones choosing to be violent. It has no effect on my argument.
I find myself agreeing with POD! :eek: Making drugs legal (again) would certainly help the situation. Both cocaine and marijuana were legal over the counter drugs for a very long time. I think U.S. Grant was a cocaine user as well as a drunk.

We learned nothing from prohibition!
Yes, you are correct. Prohibition solves nothing. When the US prohibited alcohol, Canada sold it to them, and the rise of organized crime in the US was a side-effect(Al Capone). It makes the crime associated with the banned drug, worse.

Drug cartels are hurting Americans and Mexicans, while supplying drugs to both(mostly Americans). If you legalize the drug, the smuggling stops, or at least becomes immensely less profitable.

Hong Wu is simply deflecting every argument, and trolling you Pants of Dog. I wouldn't respond to someone who is being so willfully ignorant and dishonest(and very racist). :knife:

Hong Wu. No one is justifying anything. They are trying to show you that there is a reason for it. They are not supporting that reason as justification. Kapeesh?
Foxdemon said: Excuse me, Drlee, but I really don’t think you are taking this matter seriously. How would you like it a whole bunch of people moved into your neighbourhood who looked like this:

I would suck it up and persevere because I am a progressive republican. I would invite them to my home to see my etchings.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Do you really believe that America decides how Uk[…]

Handcuffed medics, patients with medical equipmen[…]

@Pants-of-dog it is not harassment for students […]

So do many other races and people. This genetic […]