Which wall style do you prefer? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Certainly not subhuman, just lazy and corrupt. We are having running gun battles along the Mexican border between rival drug cartels.

You have obviously never been shot at. There is something about gunfire that focuses the attention and discourages laziness.
Godstud wrote:Our beavers are working day and night to build that wall, to protect us from the Trump supporters in USA.

The noble beaver will never keep Oregon or all her former territory from being divided.

The beaver was associated with Oregon long before Canada tried to steal Oregon's amazing iconography.

Look and despair at our mighty flag:

Pants-of-dog wrote:Well, your racist claim that Mexicans are corrupt and lazy is boring and predictable.

Please note that the border violence is due entirely to the US appetite for nose candy. As usual, Latinos have to pay for the illegal desires of the USA.

I differ on the "entirely" part. Illegal drugs a certainly a major enterprise of the drug cartels but they are also into human trafficking, extortion, etc. And Mexico is relatively mild compared to our neighbors further south.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Sure. The violence is almost entirely due to US appetites.

Maybe we should legalize drugs and end the violence! Mexico has been a violent place since long before the evils of marijuana and cocaine. You need to read up on the Mexican Revolution and some of the adventures the French had in Mexico.
Pants-of-dog wrote:You guys should definitely legalise cocaine.

That would drastically reduce the number of Mexicans being killed for your drugs.

I doubt it. The Mexicans would find something else to fight over. Is cocaine legal in the frozen north?
Suntzu wrote:I doubt it. The Mexicans would find something else to fight over. Is cocaine legal in the frozen north?

No. This seems like racism against Mexicans and not an argument.
Pants-of-dog wrote:No. This seems like racism against Mexicans and not an argument.

I agree that you don't have much of an argument. Have you ever been to Mexico? I think I'm about 10 miles from the border. I'll be going to Mexico tomorrow to pick up some drug (legal). :lol:
I think the wall should fit the future greatness of America. It should be monumental and functional, otherwise America will never be great again. I have two concepts to offer:

A historic one that resembles a great medieval kingdom:

And a futuristic one that could resist even the barbaric hordes of a Mad Max era:

Suntzu wrote:I agree that you don't have much of an argument. Have you ever been to Mexico? I think I'm about 10 miles from the border. I'll be going to Mexico tomorrow to pick up some drug (legal). :lol:

You argued that Mexicans would just find another reason for violence if the US legalised drugs.

You did not support this claim with any facts or evidence.

You also have a penchant for making racist comments.

Thus, your argument gave the impression of being yet another one of these racist comments that you habitually make.

——————————

What is the current estimated cost of the wall?
Pants-of-dog wrote:You argued that Mexicans would just find another reason for violence if the US legalised drugs.

You did not support this claim with any facts or evidence.

You also have a penchant for making racist comments.

Thus, your argument gave the impression of being yet another one of these racist comments that you habitually make.

——————————

What is the current estimated cost of the wall?

Again, what is the source of your expertise on Mexico. I will ask you directly, have you ever been to Mexico? :lol:
Suntzu wrote:Again, what is the source of your expertise on Mexico. I will ask you directly, have you ever been to Mexico? :lol:

Let us assume that I have never been to Mexico, since this does not affect my argument in any way.

————————

Hong Wu wrote:I've never understood why Americans wanting to keep their kids off drugs is a justification for Mexicans making drugs.

The relationship between drugs and violence in Mexico is well established.

Since drugs are illegal in the US, all the cocaine has to be smuggled in.

Cocaine for US consumption is made in Colombia and smuggled into the USA over the Mexican border.

The people who smuggle it are criminal cartels.

The criminal cartels make a lot of money smuggling drugs into the USA.

They fight over control of the smuggling routes.

Mexicans die in the crossfire.

Please note that criminalisation of drugs does not keep US kids off drugs, nor is this about justifying anything, nor do Mexicans make drugs.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Let us assume that I have never been to Mexico, since this does not affect my argument in any way.

————————

The relationship between drugs and violence in Mexico is well established.

Since drugs are illegal in the US, all the cocaine has to be smuggled in.

Cocaine for US consumption is made in Colombia and smuggled into the USA over the Mexican border.

The people who smuggle it are criminal cartels.

The criminal cartels make a lot of money smuggling drugs into the USA.

They fight over control of the smuggling routes.

Mexicans die in the crossfire.

Please note that criminalisation of drugs does not keep US kids off drugs, nor is this about justifying anything, nor do Mexicans make drugs.

Ok, how does Americans wanting to keep their kids (or people in general) off drugs justify Colombians making drugs?
It doesn’t.

Please note that no one is discussing justifying anything.

Justification has nothing to do with the fact that there is a causative chain between US drug laws and the violence at Mexico’s northern border.
Pants-of-dog wrote:It doesn’t.

Please note that no one is discussing justifying anything.

Justification has nothing to do with the fact that there is a causative chain between US drug laws and the violence at Mexico’s northern border.

So are you saying that justification has no place in making policy decisions, we just do whatever will do the to reduce violence (as you understand it) no matter what it is?

Modernity simply caused massive brain damage Are[…]

Back on topic , here are my results . Care-85 […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Why does Argentina need to join NATO? Besides Bra[…]

What Russia needs is people with skills and educa[…]