Senator Rand Paul attacked by neighbor; and it is getting covered up... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
GET IN HERE AND SPECULATE WHY RAND PAUL WAS ATTACKED
Rand's neighbor of 17 years ambushed the good Senator while mowing his lawn and beat the stuffing out of him, cracking 5 ribs, knocking out 3 teeth, and possibly breaking his jaw. He was charged with a 4th degree assault and released on a laughable $7,500 bail. What?!

That's a felony assault. The charges are trivial compared to the damage. Once you require medical attention, it is usually prosecuted as a felony. 5 fractured ribs, 3 lost teeth, etc.? I'm not a big believer in the media telling the truth these days. So I wonder if they are hiding something...

In short, you can now beat the shit out of your local US Senator for a slap on the wrist and $7,500 bail cost. What really happened here? Crime of passion, absurd accident, fight club?

That really is remarkable... :eek:
Assault charges in Kentucky wrote:To try to figure this out, let’s take a look at the Kentucky criminal statutes. Under Kentucky law, Assault in the Fourth Degree is defined as when a person “intentionally or wantonly causes physical injury to another person,” or “With Recklessness he causes physical injury to another person by means of a deadly weapon or a dangerous instrument.

Assault in the Third Degree, which is a Class D felony that carries a penalty of between one and five years in prison, is reserved for cases where a person injures a certain type of official, but U.S. Senators are not on that list.

Assault in the Second Degree, however, does not require that the victim be one of those listed officials. It does, however, require that they either cause an injury by use of a weapon, or that the injury be considered a “serious physical injury.” That crime is a Class C felony that carries a penalty of five to 10 years in prison.

Reports have not said whether Boucher is accused of using a weapon, but the Kentucky Penal Code defines “serious bodily injury” as:

physical injury which creates a substantial risk of death, or which causes serious and prolonged disfigurement, prolonged impairment of health, or prolonged loss or impairment of the function of any bodily organ

This is where it gets tricky. Paul’s senior adviser Doug Stafford said that the Senator’s rib fractures include three displaced fractures, which can result in injuries that are life-threatening. This information comes from an adviser, not a doctor, so this injury may not be enough for law enforcement officials to consider it to have a “substantial risk of death.” There is also no indication that Paul will suffer any prolonged disfigurement or impairment of health, and there is no report that he has suffered any organ damage.

That’s not to say that prosecutors can’t upgrade the charge. Should the Republican Senator take a turn for the worse as a direct result of Boucher’s alleged actions, he could end up facing a felony charge.

For the record, Assault in the First Degree, Class B felony that carries a 10 to 20 year prison sentence, requires both “serious physical injury” and use of a “deadly weapon or dangerous instrument,” or wantonly engaging in “conduct which creates a grave risk of death to another,” causing injury through “circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life.

The law is more complicated than it seems. In any case, it's Kentucky's own wording of its laws that explains why this is only 4th degree assault. If his condition worsens, it can be upgraded to second or even first degree, but apparently US senators have never been added to the definition of 3rd degree assault.
I think blackjack was referring to the charge itself being 4th degree assault, and that it being classified as the lowest degree of assault in Kentucky that there was the implication it was done because of Paul's identity. However, in the link I provided, it's precisely clear why it's only 4th degree, and hasn't yet been upgraded to 2nd or 1st degree assault as defined by the state of Kentucky. To blackjack's credit, he's not trying to turn this into a conspiracy theory. I assume he saw the information on the law itself and realized people huffing and puffing about it only being 4th degree are ignorant about the law itself.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Of all people, Rand Paul should be happy that his assault necessitated the lowest level of government involvement.

"No officer, I don't want to press charges. I can't run on a platform of being a total bitch."

Well since his dad worked in the US military suckling from the sweet teet of the state for his money and still spent all his time moaning about the government I doubt Rand would see the contradiction SO.
SpecialOlympian wrote:It wasn't covered up at all? I remember reading about it Sunday night.

I think the most I've heard as a cause is that it was his neighbor and they were arguing about bushes or the HOA was sick of Rand Paul panning for gold in the gutter or some shit.

They have been glazing over the motivation for the attack to the point it really doesn't make sense.

Bulaba Jones wrote:I think blackjack was referring to the charge itself being 4th degree assault, and that it being classified as the lowest degree of assault in Kentucky that there was the implication it was done because of Paul's identity. However, in the link I provided, it's precisely clear why it's only 4th degree, and hasn't yet been upgraded to 2nd or 1st degree assault as defined by the state of Kentucky. To blackjack's credit, he's not trying to turn this into a conspiracy theory. I assume he saw the information on the law itself and realized people huffing and puffing about it only being 4th degree are ignorant about the law itself.

I don't think we're getting the whole story.

jimjam wrote:Yawn. :|

I have difficulty getting up to two lines because ......... who gives a shit.

Violence against politicians is always interesting, even if they aren't Nazis.

Rand Paul's neighbors rip media 'landscaping dispute' reports
The Bowling Green, Ky. neighbor who allegedly sucker attack Sen. Rand Paul last weekend, causing six broken ribs, was aggressively anti-Trump and anti-GOP in his social media, calling for the impeachment of the president and urging Russia investigator Robert Mueller to “fry Trump’s gonads.”
blackjack21 wrote:I don't think we're getting the whole story.

Based on what? Under Kentucky law, a US senator doesn't fall into the category of automatic 3rd degree assault. It isn't 2nd degree or 1st degree because there was no clear intent to murder, no apparent weapon other than his fists, and the injuries weren't life-threatening.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/1773436787622[…]

Again with the blatant lies. :lol: I asked you t[…]

Or maybe because Zionists are full of shit and som[…]

PoFo would be a strange place for them to focus o[…]