Roy Moore accused of sexual harassment for 1979 events - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#14861169
From WaPo: Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32

Alone with Corfman, Moore chatted with her and asked for her phone number, she says. Days later, she says, he picked her up around the corner from her house in Gadsden, drove her about 30 minutes to his home in the woods, told her how pretty she was and kissed her. On a second visit, she says, he took off her shirt and pants and removed his clothes. He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear.


Aside from Corfman, three other women interviewed by The Washington Post in recent weeks say Moore pursued them when they were between the ages of 16 and 18 and he was in his early 30s, episodes they say they found flattering at the time, but troubling as they got older. None of the three women say that Moore forced them into any sort of relationship or sexual contact.

Wendy Miller says she was 14 and working as a Santa’s helper at the Gadsden Mall when Moore first approached her, and 16 when he asked her on dates, which her mother forbade. Debbie Wesson Gibson says she was 17 when Moore spoke to her high school civics class and asked her out on the first of several dates that did not progress beyond kissing. Gloria Thacker Deason says she was an 18-year-old cheerleader when Moore began taking her on dates that included bottles of Mateus Rosé wine. The legal drinking age in Alabama was 19.


She remembers an unpaved driveway. She remembers going inside and him giving her alcohol on this visit or the next, and that at some point she told him she was 14. She says they sat and talked. She remembers that Moore told her she was pretty, put his arm around her and kissed her, and that she began to feel nervous and asked him to take her home, which she says he did.

Soon after, she says, he called again, and picked her up again at the same spot.

“This was a new experience, and it was exciting and fun and scary,” Corfman says, explaining why she went back. “It was just like this roller-coaster ride you’ve not been on.”

She says that Moore drove her back to the same house after dark, and that before long she was lying on a blanket on the floor. She remembers Moore disappearing into another room and coming out with nothing on but “tight white” underwear.

She remembers that Moore kissed her, that he took off her pants and shirt, and that he touched her through her bra and underpants. She says that he guided her hand to his underwear and that she yanked her hand back.

“I wasn’t ready for that — I had never put my hand on a man’s penis, much less an erect one,” Corfman says.

She remembers thinking, “I don’t want to do this” and “I need to get out of here.” She says that she got dressed and asked Moore to take her home, and that he did.

The legal age of consent in Alabama, then and now, is 16. Under Alabama law in 1979, and today, a person who is at least 19 years old who has sexual contact with someone older than 12 and younger than 15 has committed sexual abuse in the second degree. Sexual contact is defined as touching of sexual or intimate parts. The crime is a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in jail.




#14861183
Ray Moore denies the allegations. That's enough. Its not reasonable to demand a detailed refutation of events that did or did not take place over thirty years ago. Is it possible the allegations are true? Yes but it is also possible that they are not true or seriously inaccurate. Try going to your insurance company to report a burglary that happened over thirty years ago and see how far you get in making a claim.
#14861191
Suntzu wrote:Do you have some evidence of his guilt other than the testimony of this flake trying to make a buck? I have someone here who claims to have photos of you fucking a goat. :lol:


The four women going on record with no connection to each other and Moore's own judicial record are included in the article if you can read it through your rage tears.
#14861216
SpecialOlympian wrote:The four women going on record with no connection to each other and Moore's own judicial record are included in the article if you can read it through your rage tears.


:lol: I imagine its as easy to bribe four women as it is one, an accusation is not proof. If it were, Bill Clinton would be in jail....
#14861225
Pants-of-dog wrote:Why would someone go to the trouble of bribing four women for this?

Also, why do men always bring up the possibility of false rape allegations, but not for other crimes? Are there more false rape allegations than, for example, false auto theft allegations?


Someone who wants to stop Bannonian Conservatives from gaining power and restructuring the GOP and challenging the status quo?

I am the same with any allegation, I believe in innocent till proven guilty. Now in sex crimes, the fine line between consent and rape needs to be analyzed so that innocent men do not go to jail or get their lives destroyed for a mutual agreement between adults. Like in the Duke Lacrosse case.
#14861228
Oxymoron wrote:Someone who wants to stop Bannonian Conservatives from gaining power and restructuring the GOP and challenging the status quo?


Well, please present your accusations without evidence in an amusing and hypocritical defense of this man.

I am the same with any allegation, I believe in innocent till proven guilty. Now in sex crimes, the fine line between consent and rape needs to be analyzed so that innocent men do not go to jail or get their lives destroyed for a mutual agreement between adults. Like in the Duke Lacrosse case.


No, you are not the same with any allegation.

For example, when black men are shot, most conservatives such as yourself assume the black man was guilty of something that exonerates the police officer.

In fact, I would like to see an example of you defending any other suspected criminal. Provide a link.
#14861229
Pants-of-dog wrote:Well, please present your accusations without evidence in an amusing and hypocritical defense of this man.



No, you are not the same with any allegation.

For example, when black men are shot, most conservatives such as yourself assume the black man was guilty of something that exonerates the police officer.

In fact, I would like to see an example of you defending any other suspected criminal. Provide a link.


I am not defending anyone, I am defending human rights.

As far as black men getting shot, each case is individual, but most involve the black man not following lawful instructions or acting aggressively where the officers life was in danger. But this has nothing to do with innocent till proven guilty, these cases do not get to the point of proving innocents or guilt. Perhaps if some people learned to respect others they would save themselves and their communities a bit of trouble.
#14861231
Oxymoron wrote:As far as black men getting shot, each case is individual, but most involve the black man not following lawful instructions or acting aggressively where the officers life was in danger.
That's a bullshit answer, and is also a lie.

Here is one of your fucking "justified shootings". An unarmed man shot by a fearful racist cocksucker.


Oxymoron wrote:Perhaps if some people learned to respect others they would save themselves and their communities a bit of trouble.
Respect goes both ways. Police like this erode public confidence and respect.
#14861234
Godstud wrote:That's a bullshit answer, and is also a lie.

Here is one of your fucking "justified shootings". An unarmed man shot by a fearful racist cocksucker.


Respect goes both ways. Police like this erode public confidence and respect.


1.I said most not all
2. She has no emotions and that is a major issue why no one gives a crap
3. It is only one side of the argument and her statement is not fact

You a Canadian living in South Asia have no fucking idea what kind of culture you are talking about. They need to fix themselves,no one else can help them.
#14861235
Oxymoron wrote:I am not defending anyone, I am defending human rights.

As far as black men getting shot, each case is individual, but most involve the black man not following lawful instructions or acting aggressively where the officers life was in danger. But this has nothing to do with innocent till proven guilty, these cases do not get to the point of proving innocents or guilt. Perhaps if some people learned to respect others they would save themselves and their communities a bit of trouble.


No link. Moving on.

Every rape thread has guys like you bringing up the false rape allegation meme. Do you have any evidence that these women are lying or are you judging these ladies as guilty with no evidence?
#14861237
Pants-of-dog wrote:No link. Moving on.

Every rape thread has guys like you bringing up the false rape allegation meme. Do you have any evidence that these women are lying or are you judging these ladies as guilty with no evidence?


So you believe in Guilty until proven innocent? Ok understood, you can carry on. :lol:
#14861241
Oxymoron wrote:You a Canadian living in South Asia have no fucking idea what kind of culture you are talking about.
Strawman and irrelevant. You're too young, and have no idea what kind of culture you are talking about. See how much sense that makes?

Since when is it the argument of fucking moron conservatives that where you live matters regarding an argument?

Noemon Edit: Rule 2
The, "You don't live here so you don't know, man!", argument is pretty childish. :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 21

That doesn't mean he didn't do it, and that it's […]

Is It Okay To Be Stupid

I have added some filet snapper fish in lemon sau[…]

Jordan Peterson is a crank but he is right about […]

Misty what are you talking about. Do you really b[…]