Roy Moore accused of sexual harassment for 1979 events - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Yahoo News wrote:Jones' path to victory is not easy, says Republican pollster Chris Wilson.

"Democrats have to turn out at record numbers, which you don't often see in Alabama because there's never any belief that the Democrat can win," Wilson said. "Even heightened Democratic turnout is probably not enough. You need to have Republicans vote for the Democrat."

Democrats need to focus on college-educated Republicans in the suburbs around Montgomery, Birmingham and Mobile, Wilson said, in addition to maximizing African-American turnout. Democrats are also crossing their fingers that many Republicans, disgusted with Moore, simply sit out the election.

I didn't make a post about a national poll because it has any relevance regarding the outcome of this election, I did it because Alabama's Senate contest does have significant national implications, especially if Moore wins and becomes a Bannonite poster boy in the Senate. This is hurting the GOP, as well as Fox News, on a national level too, it's hardly about a US Senate seat only.
Yahoo News wrote:″For me, the judge has 24 hours,” Hannity said Tuesday night. “You must immediately and fully come up with a satisfactory explanation for your inconsistencies that I just showed. You must remove any doubt. If he can’t do this, then Judge Moore needs to get out of this race.”
Drlee wrote:Yes. Thanks for changing it to a title that is completely inaccurate. Moore IS NOT ACCUSED OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT! Read that moderators? He is accused of attempted sexual assault on a minor. There is a vast difference between the two.

I am glad the mods have decided to include the part about 1979. No doubt attempted rape has an expiration date. You know, goes soft, so to speak, in the fullness of time. :roll:

There is no claim that he tried to rape her at all. I don't know if statutory rape applied in Alabama, but if it did there was no claim that he even tried to statutory rape her. none what so ever. From what the girl says he seems to have had no intention to use physical force or the threat of violence to force her into sexual acts. Using forceful physical encouragement to persuade someone to go along with something is a violation of the other persons physical boundaries no dispute, but it is not coercion.

Romantic and sexual interactions do not map well into clear cut legal categories. Although we must map them as best we can. Feminists have this vision of some clear, empowered, equal, symmetric, politically correct order / system of romantic / sexual interactions. Its not going to happen, women are not interested in it. Most feminists are not interested in walking the walk.

To clarify when he pushed her head down, that was an abusive action without consent, but that is different from physically forcing someone to have oral sex with out consent.
Red_Army wrote:I don't know where this hypocrisy stuff is coming from. "Liberals" are done with Weinstein, Louis CK and all the other famous liberals who are accused of sexual misconduct with adults. How is it hypocrisy to also condemn those accused of sexual misconduct with children? If Kevin Spacey is a liberal he's being condemned for sexual misconduct with children. It appears to only be conservatives (only of the worst ilk, the suits at least condemn pederasty) who rally behind the abusers in their ranks.

I assume this stuff is all about the Hillary Clinton faction being angry that she lost to Donald Trump. I think they've basically gone over the edge. Frankly, I don't see why they are all of a sudden upset with Weinstein, Cosby, Spacey, etc. That's not to say I don't think they are a bunch of shit bags, but the left basically has no morals anyway. So why do they want us to be upset with these people?

Weinstein is the only one so far that could face any prosecution. California got rid of the statute of limitations for rape, because they weren't able to lynch Cosby. Gays are mad at Spacey, because he conflated homosexuality with pederasty.

If you toss Judeo-Christian ethics to the wind, exactly why is this stuff relevant to anything?

Red_Army wrote:As to the timing: this comes on the momentous tide of sexual misconduct accusations in the media. No one is bitching about the timing of accusations against the lead singer of Brand New coming right before a tour or the Kevin Spacey accusations happening during the filming of House of Cards or accusations about Louis CK coming before the premiere of his new film. You can hide behind the timing angle all you want, but its obvious to anyone that this happened because the accusers were emboldened by the current climate.

I have no idea who Brand New is, but the idea of charging a pop star with sexual harassment is a bit bizarre. The timing of the allegations against Moore are unquestionably politically motivated in my view.

Red_Army wrote:The left is not hypocritical on this - Bill Clinton should have been punished for what he did.

Not hypocritical? They just ran Hillary Clinton for president. She's still married to Bill. With that as a backdrop, why should we take this stuff seriously?

Red_Army wrote:If any of you had any humanity left I would expect you to feel ashamed, but all you have left are stupid memes about how women don't fuck you.

Humanity? Your tagline conflates you with the most murderous political ideology in human history. Again, how and why are we supposed to take this stuff seriously?

Beren wrote:I didn't make a post about a national poll because it has any relevance regarding the outcome of this election, I did it because Alabama's Senate contest does have significant national implications, especially if Moore wins and becomes a Bannonite poster boy in the Senate.

Well the Bannonite bit, in my view, is the only relevant issue here. The establishment is scared to death, but they should be. They betrayed their base a few too many times now.

Beren wrote:This is hurting the GOP, as well as Fox News, on a national level too, it's hardly about a US Senate seat only.

Who cares? When did the left start caring about the well being of the GOP and FoxNews? I have had enough of the establishment. I'm not interested in helping them, just like they are not interested in helping me.

Rich wrote:To clarify when he pushed her head down, that was an abusive action without consent, but that is different from physically forcing someone to have oral sex with out consent.

That assumes he actually did what is alleged. He hasn't admitted it, and legally speaking it's barred from prosecution due to the statute of limitations.

SpecialOlympian wrote:He just cuddled naked with teenagers he picked up from the mall. Nothing wrong about that.

If we're supposed to be all for LGBTQ people, why shouldn't we be more understanding of rapists and pederasts too? The age of consent until the turn of the 20th Century was 10 years old. It was the progressives who pushed up the age of consent.
blackjack21 wrote:That assumes he actually did what is alleged. He hasn't admitted it,

Oh most certainly, a point that bears repeating. Its just that some of the men on PoFo seem to be convicting him of crimes that no woman has accused him of.

I'm particularly irritated the way Liberals and Cuckervatives have jumped on Moore for attempting to date teenage girls when he was in his thirties. For starters Moore sacrificed a large part of his twenties when he volunteered to go and fight in Vietnam. So why shouldn't he attempt to enjoy some of the freedom for which he had risked his life. Try organising Woodstock in the Soviet Union and see how far you got. Even listening to the Beatles was prohibited. We owe a great debt to Richard Nixon and the small band of patriot leaders like Roy Moore who so amazingly were able to turn things around in Vietnam after the disastrous leadership of LBJ. the fact that Defeatocrats were determined that the Communist should have victory must never be allowed to detract from their sacrifice. it wasn't the Commies to our front that defeated us in Vietnam, but the Washington Democrats and their Liberal mobs at our back.

But am I disgusted by the idea of a thirty something man buggering a sixteen year old boy? Most certainly which is why I opposed lowering the age of consent for buggery to 16.
Rich wrote:Oh most certainly, a point that bears repeating. Its just that some of the men on PoFo seem to be convicting him of crimes that no woman has accused him of.

I'm particularly irritated the way Liberals and Cuckervatives have jumped on Moore for attempting to date teenage girls when he was in his thirties. For starters Moore sacrificed a large part of his twenties when he volunteered to go and fight in Vietnam. So why shouldn't he attempt to enjoy some of the freedom for which he had risked his life. Try organising Woodstock in the Soviet Union and see how far you got. Even listening to the Beatles was prohibited. We owe a great debt to Richard Nixon and the small band of patriot leaders like Roy Moore who so amazingly were able to turn things around in Vietnam after the disastrous leadership of LBJ. the fact that Defeatocrats were determined that the Communist should have victory must never be allowed to detract from their sacrifice. it wasn't the Commies to our front that defeated us in Vietnam, but the Washington Democrats and their Liberal mobs at our back.

But am I disgusted by the idea of a thirty something man buggering a sixteen year old boy? Most certainly which is why I opposed lowering the age of consent for buggery to 16.

Me, saluting as a veteran pulls up in my driveway to take my 14 year old daughter on a date, "Thank you for your service."

What point are you even trying to make here? You're desperately flailing trying to turn "GOP candidate is an obvious pedo with a history of chasing after 14 year olds" into something about Liberals/Democrats being bad.
Rich wrote:I'm particularly irritated the way Liberals and Cuckervatives have jumped on Moore for attempting to date teenage girls when he was in his thirties. For starters Moore sacrificed a large part of his twenties when he volunteered to go and fight in Vietnam. So why shouldn't he attempt to enjoy some of the freedom for which he had risked his life.

Do you think the vast majority of US Marines went to and returned from The Nam as Virgins?

What was to stop him from dating 20, 21 years old Women?

He was a grown man, a district attorney, which suggests he was in his twenties before he went to the Nam. A 32 year old who knew full well 14 year old were completely off limits because they are too young to have the ability to make conscentual sexual decisions, Yet according to the 14 year old, he had her touch his erect penis.

Hebeophile.
Rich wrote:I'm particularly irritated the way Liberals and Cuckervatives have jumped on Moore for attempting to date teenage girls when he was in his thirties. For starters Moore sacrificed a large part of his twenties when he volunteered to go and fight in Vietnam. So why shouldn't he attempt to enjoy some of the freedom for which he had risked his life.
I am particularly irritated by the Roy Moore kiddy-fiddler apologists. Why are you defending a child fucker? If he's innocent, then he'll be cleared of charges, but if he's guilty, he deserves anything he gets.

Dating girls in their early teens when you are an adult? That was also wrong in 1979.

He KNEW it was wrong, and no amount of voluntary service, of any kind, excuses you from doing something that is illegal then, and illegal now. In fact, in some states it was punishable by up to 15 years in prison.

Any person above the age of eighteen (18) years, who, for the purpose of gratifying his or her lust, or
indulging his or her depraved licentious sexual desires, shall handle, touch or rub with hands or any part of
his or her body or any member thereof, any child younger than himself or herself and under the age of
eighteen (18) years who is not such person's spouse, with or without the child's consent, when the person
occupies a position of trust or authority over the child shall be guilty of a felony and, upon conviction
thereof, shall be fined in a sum not less than One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) nor more than Five
Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00), or be committed to the custody of the State Department of Corrections not
less than two (2) years nor more than fifteen (15) years, or be punished by both such fine and
imprisonment, at the discretion of the court.

(3) Upon a second conviction for an offense under this section, the person so convicted shall be punished
by commitment to the State Department of Corrections for a term not to exceed twenty (20) years,
however, upon conviction and sentencing, the offender shall serve at least one-half (1/2) of the sentence so
imposed.

Sources: Codes, Hemingway's 1921 Supp. § 1142c; Laws, 1930, § 826; Laws, 1942, § 2052; Laws, 1920,
ch. 215; Laws, 1958, ch. 276; Laws, 1980, ch. 387; Laws, 1985, ch. 389, § 1; Laws, 1993, ch. 512, § 4;
Laws, 1995, ch. 487, § 1; Laws, 1998, ch. 549, § 5, eff from and after July 1, 1998.

http://www.childabuseunit.com/informati ... ssippi.pdf
C'mon guys, lets give this one guy a pass on fucking children. I mean I don't support him and I wouldn't vote for him, but if anyone deserves to fuck kids it's this guy. He earned the right. Now, leftists, those are the REAL monsters. What accomplishments can they point to that are worthy of a free childfucking pass?

I can't stop laughing that Rich honestly made that argument haha
SO

Really. How long was he in Vietnam? A year? No 14 year olds for a year? Right. Let's let him violate children for a couple of decades.

I get the feeling that the Richies think "it's just sex" overlooking the fact that this can be ruinous to grown women, much less impressionable little girls who have had zero experience.
SpecialOlympian wrote:C'mon guys, lets give this one guy a pass on fucking children. I mean I don't support him and I wouldn't vote for him, but if anyone deserves to fuck kids it's this guy. He earned the right. Now, leftists, those are the REAL monsters. What accomplishments can they point to that are worthy of a free childfucking pass?

I can't stop laughing that Rich honestly made that argument haha

You keep making false statements about this guy fucking children. Even the woman that was 14 at the time never said Moore fucked her. So stop the nonsense.
Stormsmith wrote:If he did assault 5 women you can bet your great Aunt Fanny, he assaulted a lot more girls. He was kicked out of the mall, for Pete's sake.

We may know if Roy Moore is lying soon, because Roy Moore's attorney called for release of yearbook allegedly signed by his client so a handwriting expert can examine it to see if it is genuine.

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]

Customs is rarely nice. It's always best to pack l[…]

The more time passes, the more instances of harass[…]

And I don't blame Noam Chomsky for being a falli[…]