Roy Moore accused of sexual harassment for 1979 events - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#14861318
Godstud wrote:Either that, or if you're wrong(likely), you're supporting pedophilia.

Seriously? We're sort of nonplussed by whatever outrages you people proffer these days. Maybe he's a pervert. Maybe he's not. It seems like we'd have known about it more than three weeks before an election, and in my opinion that makes these charges basically pointless and irrelevant.

SpecialOlympian wrote:I believe nazis are gentle and that Seth Rich died for our sins, but this is unbelievable fake news!

Seth Rich died because Hillary demanded human sacrifice for his transgressions. She lost bigly to a neophyte, and it isn't the first time. She just sucks ass.
#14861332
blackjack21 wrote:I'm not Rich,

Please provide evidence for this claim.
blackjack21 wrote:I'm not Rich,

How many times do we have to tell you, your feelings don't matter? We just don't care. Just because some right winger feels they are not Rich, doesn't make it so. You're just another right winger whining about your precious feelings.
#14861341
Godstud wrote:14 year olds are not "sluts" because some old fucker molests them.

He wasn't old, he was 32, which makes it even sicker if the allegations are true. I mean molesting children is always bad, but it's pretty common that older males tend to get more attracted to very young or even underage girls, however, you should have a very healthy sexuality at 32. At 32 you're totally supposed to be be attracted to 20- or 30-something females.
#14861342
I meant to say oldER, but that works, too.

Beren wrote:At 32 you're totally supposed to be be attracted to 20- or 30-something females.
At age 20+ you should be attracted to women that old, not to children. It is sick.
#14861349
Mark this day with a stone. I agree with Blackjack21. I am highly suspicious of something that comes out three weeks before an election.

I agree with Stormsmith that it might be investigated. Unfortunately in Alabama the conduct alleged by the most aggrieved victim is probably a misdemeanor. In fact it most certainly is as she described it. If it were a felony there would be no statute of limitations. Since she does not allege rape and is therefor a misdemeanor with a statute of limitations of 1 year.

This happened 30 years ago.

I totally get that this was a young girl who was frightened. I also get that this has probably bothered her for a long time. But there seriously has to be some kind of limit to 30 year old ambushes.

One could argue that this ought to be a felony. Fine. But the time to have done that is 4 decades ago.

Roy Moore is an asshole. No doubt about that. He is a dangerous right-wing demagogue. His building of a political career on what I consider to be despicable false-Christian beliefs disqualifies him from my even giving him the time of day. He is a political shit-head who believes that brandishing a firearm before a crowd is called campaigning. I seriously hope the women of Alabama give him a drubbing at the polls in a couple of weeks.

Having said all of that....

Roy Moore will win the election by 10 percentage points. He has actually already had a political fundraiser on this issue framed as an attack from the "democrat party".

Simply put, all too many Alabamans are just not smart enough to vote their self-interest. They cannot see how dangerous this pea-brained sellout to corporate America is to the fragile social safety net upon which so many Alabamans rely. Like so many republicans these days they will vote their tribe not the issues.

Feel free to ridicule me for my when Moore is defeated in three weeks. I will gladly take all of the abuse you want to heap upon me for my stupid prediction that he will win big. Absent some yet unseen smoking gun I am afraid that Moore can start shopping Washington real estate.
#14861352
It should also be noted that what would be labelled paedophilia and statutory rape in some countires is recognised as apart of the cherished institution of marriage in some American states. What was / is the age of consent in Alabama?
#14861369
I'm a member of the far-centre. In fact I seem to be the main representative of the far centre on PoFo. I defended Bill Clinton against unproven allegations and totally opposed Ken Starr's fishing operation. So I'll take no,lectures on partisan hypocrisy. Politicians should be brought down the ballot box (2 years is long enough between elections), not by the courts. its like these fuckin retards, who say Bush and Blair should be tried for war crimes, as if the courts are a suitable place to decide military and foreign policy.
#14861372
There was a time when someone in Moores position would step down for the good of the party. An investigation would ensue . If he was cleared, he could run for something else. If he felt he had suffered a loss, he could sue the women who made the allegations.

The problem here is timing. If there are more woman waiting in the wings, they need time. Not just like Cosby, etc. This is harder because it sounds as if this man took advantage of girls, but none are charging he raped them. But unlike Cosby et al, this will directly affect their relationships with friends and neighbours. Most women or girls have had something along these lines happen to them, and for a variety of reasons, just let it go. This is a lather rinse repeat situation but with potentially neighbourly blow back if they go public.

PS...to me, the most damning accusation was that Moore picked up one or more girls 'round the corner from their house - homes. He knew he intended before the fact of behaving badly.
Last edited by Stormsmith on 10 Nov 2017 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
#14861377
mikema63 wrote:First we watch the right defend NAZI's and we thought it was the lowest they could go.

And then the right started defending a pedophile and calling the young girls he victimized sluts and liars.

You people are gross. :|


They did elect a man who literally bragged about sexually assaulting women.

Many (perhaps even a majority?) of US conservatuves only care about sexual assault if the perpetrator is Muslim or Clinton.
#14861382
Pants-of-dog wrote:They did elect a man who literally bragged about sexually assaulting women.

No he bragged about receiving consent. And one of the main problems is that consent between men and women is often very, very fuzzy.

Look I am in no doubt that rape is common. I am in no doubt that women's physical boundaries being violated is very common and unclear sexual boundaries that are less than ideal, are very, very common. If a man denies it is can be very, very difficult to prove, rape or sexual assault. But here's the onion, women and even feminist women, just don't care enough about stopping rape, sexual assault and sexual harassment. Its just not high enough on their list of priorities.

if women did really care, they would report all violations immediately regardless of whether it lost them their job. They would not go alone with men they didn't know, when they were sober, let alone drunk. Fundamentally in the West feminism is not about a great conflict between men and women, its about a great conflict within individual feminist women. I think a lot of men are just not aware how many women and indeed how many feminist women have rape fantasies. Personally I found "fifty shades of Grey" more tacky than listening to Donald Trumps sexual boasting, but do you know who the target audience were? I'll give you a clue it wasn't men.

The West is not Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia is a hideous patriarchy. We should invade Saudi Arabia and subject Saudi men to a Nuremberg trial style witch hunt. No the West is the way it is because of the choices of free women.
#14861386
Pants-of-dog wrote:Why would someone go to the trouble of bribing four women for this?

The same reason Hilary Clinton spent $10M on a fake dossier.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Also, why do men always bring up the possibility of false rape allegations, but not for other crimes?

You mean like being a neo-Nazi while running over a fat leftist woman?

Oxymoron wrote:I am the same with any allegation, I believe in innocent till proven guilty.

Yeah, and I believe in the timeliness of an allegation as well.

Pants-of-dog wrote:For example, when black men are shot, most conservatives such as yourself assume the black man was guilty of something that exonerates the police officer.

Like the suspect saying, "Fuck what you say" and going for the police officer's gun, discharging a round and then fleeing?

Noemon Edit: Rule 16

Godstud wrote:Here is one of your fucking "justified shootings". An unarmed man shot by a fearful racist cocksucker.

Mikema63 doesn't like people using the term "cocksucker" in anger, even though gay people do it all the time.

Pants-of-dog wrote:I still want to know why some men always bring up the claim of false rape allegations, even when there is no evidence for such a claim.

30 years is just a wee bit too late to start complaining.

Godstud wrote:I have no doubt that false rape charges can be very damaging(in some rare instances), but most of the time, these charges turn out to be true.

Do you have evidence for that? The notion of "he said, she said" is essentially about woman claiming they were raped after they got in a fight with their boyfriend. "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" isn't a saying for no reason.

Rich wrote:Please provide evidence for this claim.

I'm middle class. Upper middle maybe, but I'm not rich. Really...

Rich wrote:It should also be noted that what would be labelled paedophilia and statutory rape in some countires is recognised as apart of the cherished institution of marriage in some American states. What was / is the age of consent in Alabama?

The age of consent was about 10 years old until around the turn of the last century.

mikema63 wrote:First we watch the right defend NAZI's and we thought it was the lowest they could go.

Nobody is defending Nazis as such. We're just trying to make sure that a schizophrenic isn't subject to human sacrifice at the hands of angry BLM/Antifa/SURJ types who went looking for violence and found it.

mikema63 wrote:And then the right started defending a pedophile and calling the young girls he victimized sluts and liars.

Look, there are some timely charges against Weinstein. They are the only ones that matter. If you aren't going to complain in a timely manner, there's simply no point in asking to be taken seriously 30 years later about 3 weeks before an election in a case that can scarcely be proven.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Many (perhaps even a majority?) of US conservatuves only care about sexual assault if the perpetrator is Muslim or Clinton.

Sexual harassment became a tort after the Democrats failed to derail the Clarence Thomas nomination. It was Democrats who made that a part of the law, and it was Clinton who was the first major Democrat to fall victim to this bullshit.

Sorry, but we're not interested in who our adversaries think is a sexual deviant given their own norms that would be considered deviant by most.
#14861469
Drlee wrote:Roy Moore will win the election by 10 percentage points. He has actually already had a political fundraiser on this issue framed as an attack from the "democrat party".

I was wondering about who is behind this. It could well be Republicans - maybe even more likely?
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 36

@Julian658 As far as I am concerned that is an[…]

Racism definition & use

Maybe I'm being too simplistic about the whole iss[…]

:lol: Thanks for reviving this funny thread! P[…]

If peaceful and regular constitutional means are[…]