Al Franken Accused of Sexual Harassment for 2006 Events - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The governor of Alabama, a woman, today said in no uncertain terms that she believed the allegations against Roy Moore but thought that it was more important to have a republican in the Senate than it was to keep a child predator out.

I am a republican. A contributor to republican candidates and causes. I cannot continue my party affiliation if the party puts political advantage ahead of the protection of children from sexual abuse.

Make no mistake. Any politician who endorses Moore is putting party politics ahead of any sense of morality at all. Where is the Christian outrage? It is a stunning embarrassment.

Name calling on:

I am sick of the Bubbas in the south and rural areas of the country showing their ignorance and disregard for the welfare of the people of the country because Fox News told them to. We must look at the education system in the hinterlands. These people are simply not intelligent enough to know that they are uninformed and making dangerous decisions out of ignorance. These people are NOT Christian no matter how much they wish to argue that they are. They are morally bankrupt clodhoppers. They are a danger to themselves and to the country. I am ashamed of them.

And I must say that as I get ready for a trip overseas, I am ashamed of my country right now. It takes a lot to make a 20 year veteran of his country ashamed of the way it is behaving. We are disgracing ourselves and the blame falls fully on our elected officials and most particularly on the party in power. So listen up senators. Look at this list:

James M. Mason
Robert M. T. Hunter
Thomas L. Clingman
Thomas Bragg
James Chesnut, Jr.
Alfred O. P. Nicholson
William K. Sebastian
Charles B. Mitchel
John Hemphill
Louis Wigfall
John C. Breckinridge
Trusten Polk
Waldo P. Johnson
Jesse D. Bright
John C. Breckinridge
1862 Trusten Polk
Waldo P. Johnson
Jesse D. Bright

All Senators whose names are forever tainted when they were expelled from the senate. Why? They were traitors. They put a political ideal against the good of the country. They are scum. Any of you out there want to join their ranks? History will not be kind to this congress.
Drlee wrote:The governor of Alabama, a woman, today said in no uncertain terms that she believed the allegations against Roy Moore but thought that it was more important to have a republican in the Senate than it was to keep a child predator out.

I am a republican. A contributor to republican candidates and causes. I cannot continue my party affiliation if the party puts political advantage ahead of the protection of children from sexual abuse.

Make no mistake. Any politician who endorses Moore is putting party politics ahead of any sense of morality at all. Where is the Christian outrage? It is a stunning embarrassment.

Name calling on:

I am sick of the Bubbas in the south and rural areas of the country showing their ignorance and disregard for the welfare of the people of the country because Fox News told them to. We must look at the education system in the hinterlands. These people are simply not intelligent enough to know that they are uninformed and making dangerous decisions out of ignorance. These people are NOT Christian no matter how much they wish to argue that they are. They are morally bankrupt clodhoppers. They are a danger to themselves and to the country. I am ashamed of them.

You seem to be one of those RINOs that Herman Cain talks about.

I am ashamed of people who withdraw their endorsement for a candidate based on unproven allegations from the opponents news media. They are political cowards.

The President told the people of Alabama why he was supporting Senator Strange over Roy Moore, but that if they chose Moore that he would support him. If those people of Alabama can no longer support their candidate just because of allegations, then they are weak minded and stupid. I don't recall President Trump saying that he would campaign for Roy Moore, but he did say he would support whoever they chose as the Republican nominee. So I believe he should be courageous and keep that promise, unless Moore is proven guilty of a violation.
Hindsite wrote:You seem to be one of those RINOs that Herman Cain talks about.
No. He's an actual Republican, and not a gullible redneck who reminisces about the old days when you could own people. People who support Moore are HINOs(Humans In Name Only).

Hindsite wrote:I am ashamed of people who withdraw their endorsement for a candidate based on unproven allegations from the opponents news media. They are political cowards.
What's worse is people defending a sexual predator and pedophile. That's immoral.

Drlee has a conscience and no one, in good conscience, could support a sexual predator like Roy Moore. Even if he's not criminally liable, Moore's still a disgusting person.

Hindsite wrote:If those people of Alabama can no longer support their candidate just because of allegations, then they are weak minded and stupid.
No. It means they still have a moral compass and don't blindly follow the whims and demands of a pedophile promoting President. The weak-minded people are the ones who don't follow their principles, and instead stay with the herd.

Hindsite wrote:unless Moore is proven guilty of a violation.
Then you will look like and BE complete ASSES who supported a pedophile. That''ll be something to tell the grand-children about..
Red_Army wrote:Just like how you haven't condemned an accused pederast?

A pederast is a man chasing boys, not girls. Good lord! Can you people get a definition right for a change?

Godstud wrote:Few men of power seem to not take advantage of women. :(

Plenty of women try to take advantage of men with wealth and power too. Monica Lewinsky could have been considered a bit predatory; whereas, Paula Corbin Jones was straight up a victim.

Finfinder wrote:A president of the United States who was an accused rapist and serial sex offender while serving office and the crooked wife of an accused rapist who has attacked all of her husband victims. Hypocrisy is all they have.

She ultimately lost an election, in part, because Hillary Clinton cannot credibly claim a "war on women" while having conducted many wars on women of her own.

Drlee wrote:The governor of Alabama, a woman, today said in no uncertain terms that she believed the allegations against Roy Moore but thought that it was more important to have a republican in the Senate than it was to keep a child predator out.

Bullshit. She said she had no reason to disbelieve them but also noted that "The timing is a little curious." To say the least...

Drlee wrote:I am a republican. A contributor to republican candidates and causes. I cannot continue my party affiliation if the party puts political advantage ahead of the protection of children from sexual abuse.

I'm sure the Republican party is terrified of losing a Hillary Clinton voter... :roll:

Drlee wrote:Make no mistake. Any politician who endorses Moore is putting party politics ahead of any sense of morality at all.

What about the morality of presuming someone is innocent until they are proven guilty? What about the morality of "thou shall not bear false witness"?

Drlee wrote:Where is the Christian outrage?

Why should they be outraged? Are you suggesting that we must believe the unseemly late and curiously timed accusations?

Drlee wrote:It is a stunning embarrassment.

To whom?

Drlee wrote:I am sick of the Bubbas in the south and rural areas of the country showing their ignorance and disregard for the welfare of the people of the country because Fox News told them to.

Is that what Christianity teaches you? Is it Christian to look down upon the meek?

Drlee wrote:We must look at the education system in the hinterlands.

And what is that going to accomplish?

Drlee wrote:These people are simply not intelligent enough to know that they are uninformed and making dangerous decisions out of ignorance.

What political faction wanted to eliminate literacy and logic tests so that any member of the electorate not deemed of unsound mind could vote?

Drlee wrote:These people are NOT Christian no matter how much they wish to argue that they are.

Ok. So? It's not wrong to not be a Christian. Al Franken isn't a Christian.

Drlee wrote:They are morally bankrupt clodhoppers. They are a danger to themselves and to the country. I am ashamed of them.

Not long ago, the idea that you would wed two women, have one of them produce offspring, and then tell the children that they have two mothers and no father would be considered morally bankrupt, scientifically inaccurate, and straight up child abuse. Yet, along the slippery slope we slide...

Hindsite wrote:You seem to be one of those RINOs that Herman Cain talks about.

He voted for Hillary.

Godstud wrote:What's worse is people defending a sexual predator and pedophile. That's immoral.

Roy Moore is not a pedophile. You need to read DSM to gain a better understanding. Why do you think seeking out sex is immoral? By what standard of morality?

Godstud wrote:Drlee has a conscience and no one, in good conscience, could support a sexual predator like Roy Moore.

What about Jerry Lee Lewis? Goodness, gracious, great balls of fire! He married his 13-year old cousin when he was 21 or 22. Stranger things have happened. You'll get over your heterophobia some day.

Godstud wrote:Even if he's not criminally liable, Moore's still a disgusting person.

Why?

Godstud wrote:It means they still have a moral compass and don't blindly follow the whims and demands of a pedophile promoting President.

When did Trump start promoting pedophilia?
blackjack21 wrote:Why?
Even if it's not legal, it doesn't mean it's not wrong.

blackjack21 wrote:What about Jerry Lee Lewis? Goodness, gracious, great balls of fire! He married his 13-year old cousin when he was 21 or 22.
And that's perfectly fine in your opinion?

Fine... Roy Moore is a pederast, and and people arguing for him are pederast apologists. Happy now?

blackjack21 wrote:When did Trump start promoting pedophilia?
When he backed Roy Moore. His own actions are questionable, as well.
Godstud wrote:Even if it's not legal, it doesn't mean it's not wrong.

Well, it was just fine when Teddy Kennedy killed Mary Jo Kopechne. It was just fine when Bill Clinton raped Juanita Broderick. Roy Moore just seems like a sweet romantic guy that wanted a gal 10-15 years younger than him, and he finally got his wish. His dream came true. How sweet! Poor Al Franken can only demonstrate his desire to cup a woman's breasts, and he's humiliated for it. What a shame! All this toxic femininity and heterophobia going around these days.

Godstud wrote:And that's perfectly fine in your opinion?

If we're to believe the arguments for gay marriage, it should fly. Personally, I think the consanguinity is something that leads to congenital problems. However, the reason for the DOMA decision is that a lesbian didn't want to pay estate taxes. Neither do I. So why can't I just say I love my mom and marry her, and we can bypass probate and the death tax?

Godstud wrote:Fine... Roy Moore is a pederast, and and people arguing for him are pederast apologists. Happy now?

No. Pederasts are men who want to fuck boys, not girls. Good lord.
You seem very fine with adult men fucking underage children. Why is that? Why are you arguing on their behalf? You think people like Jerry Lee Lewis weren't people who belong in jail?

Bill Clinton should go to jail if he raped a woman. If a woman came forward with rape charges, I am inclined to believe her.

What's your fucking point? You think their political bent matters in a situation like that? Sexual misconduct/assault is bad regardless of your political ideology.

Just because someone got away with it once, doesn't make it right.

Gay marriage is between consenting adults, so very irrelevant. You do know what consenting adult means, don't you?

Pedophile, pederast, Kiddy-fiddler, it's all the same thing. I am sure Roy Moore wouldn't have been picky.
Godstud wrote:You seem very fine with adult men fucking underage children. Why is that? Why are you arguing on their behalf? You think people like Jerry Lee Lewis weren't people who belong in jail?

Jerry Lee Lewis didn't go to jail, but he faced a lot of ostracism--I wonder if it's because she was thirteen, or his first cousin once removed, or both. I didn't live during that time. I'm sure Drlee could tell us.

Anyway, if the people of Massachussets can deal with a senator who was a murderer, and the people of West Virginia can have a senator who was a grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, and so on, I think we can tolerate a child molester provided he votes to cut taxes and repeal ObamaCare.

Godstud wrote:Bill Clinton should go to jail if he raped a woman.

He will not face rape charges. He did face a sexual harassment complaint and lied under oath during testimony, which is a felony. He was defended by the liberal establishment and feminists far and wide. Frankly, I'm not a feminist and don't believe such identity politics movements are anything more than a front for Marxism.

Godstud wrote:You think their political bent matters in a situation like that?

A lot of people here supported Hillary Clinton for president, and she was the chief attack dog against Bill Clinton's accusers. That's one of the reasons her "war on women" campaign didn't work. One of the other reasons is that the only one with enough balls to play smash mouth with the Clintons was Donald Trump. He met the "grab 'em by the pussy" stunt with Bill Clinton's accusers being invited to a presidential debate. Trump has a set of brass balls.
Stormsmith wrote:Ya, so?

Al Franken repeatedly asked a lady to rehearse a scene involving a kiss, and, by her own testimony, she agreed to get him to shut up about it. He played out the scene, including the agreed-to kiss. Where's the problem? His inability to read her mind?

Guys kiss girls, or in this case a grown woman, without a written invitation all the time. It's not the end of the world.

No its not the end of the world and nor was it the end of world if Bill raped Juanita Broaddrick. And I said so at the time. Am I comfortable with the behaviour of Joseph Gobbels? Yes I am, particularly as he had some strange idea that Jewish Movie moguls were prone to abuse their positions of power. There have either been some people who have gone as far as to accuse Goebbels of being a hypocrite.

But then of course lefties will come in and say we don't care about Joeseph Gobbels or Heinrich Himmler, none of the allegations relate to children. Lavrentiy Beria on the other hand was "known" to be into children. Yet Decky would like to see him put in charge of a police state terror apparatus.

So no I don't care about the accusations against Ray Mooore. I do care that he's a Christian bigot. He says that God strikes down the sexually immoral both in the Ancient Middle East and the modern world. We should be pointing out that the Old Testament is a pack of racist Jewish lies designed to further the genocidal agenda of the late Jewish monarchy and its various state and non state successors.
Last edited by Rich on 19 Nov 2017 13:12, edited 1 time in total.
Woody Allen's always been a piece of shit. Him and Roman Polanski. Your statement is bullshit.

I don't know why you think Democrats and liberals support child molesters, like Trumpsters do. That's simply a lie you like to tell yourself to feel better about your own support of kiddy-fiddlers, like Roy Moore, and his best friend, and sexual predator, Donald Trump.
Godstud wrote:Woody Allen's always been a piece of shit. Him and Roman Polanski.

I don't know why you think Democrats and liberals support child molesters, like Trumpsters do. That's simply a lie you like to tell yourself to feel better about your own support of kiddy-fiddlers, like Roy Moore.

Isn't it obvious your so desperate to change the discussion on an Al Franken thread to Trump. It must occupy a large space in your head. I don't believe I commented on the Moore thread nice swing and a miss.
:lol: You changed the subject to Woody Allen, not me. Then you made a really stupid statement about Democrats supporting him. Idiots do, not people with some sort of ethics.

Finfinder wrote:You support a accused rapist as well.
I don't support anyone accused of rape. You're making up lies to support your own fucked up views, and draw attention away from your support of Roy Moore, the kiddy-fiddler.
Godstud wrote::lol: You changed the subject to Woody Allen, not me. Then you made a really stupid statement about Democrats supporting him. Idiots do, not people with some sort of ethics.

I don't support anyone accused of rape. You're making up lies to support your own fucked up views, and draw attention away from your support of Roy Moore, the kiddy-fiddler.

Try to keep up I commented to a @blackjack21
post that referenced Jerry Le Lewis.

Your second line is not so ironically fucked up hypocritical just one post ago you accused me of supporting "kiddy- fiddlers", which is an unsubstantiated lie. Unlike you I don't have thousands of posts here on POFO that substantiate the support of an accused rapists like the Clinton's

Your virtue signaling is hilariously hypocritical. I haven't even participated in the Roy Moore thread. Which people of your ilk are so desperate to post on an Al Franken thread. Again another swing and a miss by you.
Hillary Clinton hasn't sexually assaulted anyone as far as I know, and I don't support people who sexually assault people.
In short...
You're LYING!!

Finfinder wrote:Your virtue signaling is hilariously hypocritical. I haven't even participated in the Roy Moore thread. Which people of your ilk are so desperate to post on an Al Franken thread. Again another swing and a miss by you.
Virtue singalling? :lol: What an idiotic thing to say! Nice try, sport! I post on both, hoping that they are suitably punished for their crimes.

You obviously don't pay attention to what people actually post, or you wouldn't make up lies about me supporting Bill Clinton. I couldn't care less about him, and if his past indiscretions come back to bite him in the ass, then that's on him.

People supporting sexual predators should be ashamed, period. I do not support people even accused to sexual assault. That's foolish. There's too much of it.

At the same time we have to understand that not all crimes are equal. Al Franken's crime isn't that severe. Sexual assault, and sexual molestation of children, is far more severe than some sexually inappropriate behavior.

Al Franken apologized and his apology was accepted by the women he wronged. You can't be more offended than the victim.
Godstud wrote:Hillary Clinton hasn't sexually assaulted anyone as far as I know, and I don't support people who sexually assault people.
In short...
You're LYING!!

Virtue singalling? :lol: What an idiotic thing to say! Nice try, sport! I post on both, hoping that they are suitably punished for their crimes.

You obviously don't pay attention to what people actually post, or you wouldn't make up lies about me supporting Bill Clinton. I couldn't care less about him, and if his past indiscretions come back to bite him in the ass, then that's on him.

People supporting sexual predators should be ashamed, period. I do not support people even accused to sexual assault. That's foolish. There's too much of it.

At the same time we have to understand that not all crimes are equal. Al Franken's crime isn't that severe. Sexual assault, and sexual molestation of children, is far more severe than some sexually inappropriate behavior.

Al Franken apologized and his apology was accepted by the women he wronged. You can't be more offended than the victim.

so lame and low rent of you to say I support kiddy diddlers are you really that triggered? Or is that your intellect?

the hypocrisy is thick....... if you are not partisan than why are you not posting about Roy Moore on the Roy Moore thread. yea riiiite :lol:

You need to do a little research, Al Franken gives apologies that he doesn't mean. He said in his book he apologized for writing Pornoma but didn't really mean it. He only did it get votes when he was running for senate. I bet you were outspoken then :lol: :lol: :lol: ,because he was running for office. Your gullible enough to believe him now ? :lol:
or the Democrats favorite Woody Allen

So now we want to talk about Woody Allen, a man who married a 21 year old woman. Creepy but not against the law.

As someone said earlier, the whatabouts are going crazy here.

This thread shows just how desperate the supporters of the far-right junta will go to defend their racist takeover of the government. They can't find any real complaint about Al Franken so they have to resort to the utterly absurd comparison of a noninvasive prank to child assault. Funny how they demand evidence when 9 women accuse someone of essentially the same thing and then whine like the babies they are when a comedian tries to be funny at someone else's expense.

I have some thoughts for Franken's accuser. The first is that you were not harmed. He did not try to have sex with you. Perhaps you didn't like his jokes, and would rather not kiss him in a scene. Get over yourself. I am highly suspicious of your motives.

We are in a cultural feeding frenzy. Though I understand the desire for revenge I am deeply disturbed by notion that indiscretions 40 years old can reappear to ruin the lives of someone who it would appear had not behaved that way since. When those indiscretions involve assaulting multiple children that is a different thing altogether.

The thing is that we lived in a very different society 40 years ago. Very few men who lived in those times would stand up to today's standards. One only need look at the movies of the times to see a great deal that would not be allowed today.

My warning to the left is this. If you insist on crucifying every person alleged of violating today's standards 40 years ago you will not like what you get. You will get a government filled with Oren Hatch's and other shining faced Christian demagogues. Hey left. Double standard much? Care to guess what gay "love" looked like 40 years ago? Just about none of your beloved oppressed gays would stand up to scrutiny. Ask about the bath houses and leather bars in SF 30 years ago. Not a pretty sight for most of you.

I grieve for women who were oppressed and sometimes abused in that long-past world. A world in which the press would not report on JFK's many famous affairs. A world when your boss felt empowered to pat you on the ass or worse. But destroying any man who did that, particularly those who have changed and now support your political ideals will not serve you well at all.

I do not support Moore and do not condone even the Franken silliness with which we are now so aggrieved. Full stop. But I do understand how a man, particularly a white man from a very traditional area of the country, could see himself and his way of life under assault. Not for the one thing but simply adding this kind of thing to all of the other dramatic challenges to what he was raised to believe is normal. The other night I was asked if I would consider running for office. It got me thinking. Did my past and its 55 years of single life stand up to today's level of scrutiny? The answer is no. And even if I had spent those years as certified Christian hero I would have no defense, short of denial, if women (or men for that matter) came forward and accused me of anything. It may come as a surprise to some of you younger posters that you will one day see what you are doing now in a different light.

In Camelot, the knight Lancelot sings this:

"I've never strayed from all I believe, I'm blessed with an iron will. Had I been made the partner of Eve we'd be in Eden still."

I don't want that guy representing me. And a word of warning for all of our young and single males out there. If you ever got drunk and tried to kiss a girl, even if you stopped instantly when she said no, 40 years from now your political or business ambitions could be instantly thwarted because that girl, for whatever reason, decides to come forward. Or frankly even one who you did not try to kiss comes forward.

Women. I get how hard it is to come forward. It sucks that there are consequences for that kind of thing. But until you do come forward right away, men will, rightly or wrongly, look very questioningly at your allegations. You may have to pay a price for doing it but generations to follow will thank you.
Godstud wrote:Woody Allen's always been a piece of shit. Him and Roman Polanski.

Hollywood has routinely applauded them. That's why their selective embrace of outrage conjures humor in the general population these days.

Godstud wrote:I don't know why you think Democrats and liberals support child molesters, like Trumpsters do.

Because they support any deviation of any kind, except for deviation from the Democratic party line. That's why they are instant racists when it comes to Clarence Thomas, Condoleeza Rice, and so on; yet, engage in virtue signalling with blacks on the political left. They are instant sexists when it comes to Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, and so forth; yet, they purport to be feminists for Hillary and Elizabeth Warren. They decry not believing women when it comes to Roy Moore or Donald Trump; yet, they engaged in a full court press against Bill Clinton's accusers. The double standard is long running. It just takes people with a stomach for a fight to throw their hypocrisy back in their faces. Jeb Bush could never push back the way Donald Trump and Roy Moore do. That part of the Republican party isn't decent. They put up with it from the political left, but won't fight for conservatives ever. They just aren't needed by the people anymore.

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octo[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

...Palestinian children don't deserve to die... […]

I think everyone should try shutting off everythi[…]

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled[…]