Jose Ines Garcia Zarate Not Guilty of Murder in Killing Kate Steinle - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Having thought about it more, perhaps what Drlee is saying is that the man is innocent but should have been deported anyway, and that is why he can agree with the verdict but still think that SF has "blood on their hands." It took me awhile to wrap my mind around that since I don't use terms like blood on their hands unless I think there was some kind of bad intent at play but I guess Drlee is willing to use more dramatic language more broadly than I would.

The defense lawyer in this case really messed up too. If his argument was that the gun went off accidentally, that can be contested in various ways but it could arguably create a reasonable doubt. I'm also presuming that the jury wasn't told about the defendant's criminal history. The lawyer's decision to call out Trump though takes a perhaps typical failure of the justice system (I think people should be told about past criminal behaviors, particularly if they become numerous like they did here) and the lawyer turned it into a huge deal by framing the verdict be about Trump. He should probably be sanctioned for it.

So far, lots of good comments and anecdotes - but […]

I bet you'd love to watch footage of her being ra[…]

I don't really think there is a fundamental diffe[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

This is because the definition of "anti-semi[…]