Is D.Trump Insane? - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Godstud
How many years are the idiotic Trumpanzees going to go on about Clinton, when she isn't of any consequence on what is happening now? What does Clinton have to do with Dolt 45's tax plan? What does Clinton have to do with anything that Dolt 45 is doing?

Answer: Nothing, and that's why Dolt 45's Trumpanzees like bringing up the irrelevant. They seek to derail any criticism of Dolt 45.

It's a puerile and idiotic tactic, easily seen through.
By Finfinder
Your post is complete projection. You think the topic of this OP is serious and intellectual? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I didn't bring up Clinton, you and your ilk (the mob) did. You name call anybody that may disagree with you or say something positive about this administration, yet somehow you are supposed to be taken serious. :lol: The mob doesn't come across very intellectual with these tactics. Entertaining, but I would say more butt hurt from an election loss.
@Godstud

I tend to ignore @Finfinder. The only argument he ever makes is to accuse his ideological opponents of being emotional.

On topic, I agree with foxdemon that Trump is not insane, just over-confident and not self-aware.
By jimjam
We cannot underestimate the president, for many reasons.

1. Trump won't decide to follow democratic norms, since he comes from a real estate background that included bribery, partnerships with criminals, and refusals to honor contracts.
2. Strengthening democratic norms is wise, but our attacks on the President must be blunt and relentless. This is not just another blowhard, but rather a dangerous, and murderous, potential dictator.
3. How can someone be expected to obey democratic norms when he doesn't even know the words to the national anthem?
4. This is the most important: The oligarchs who back Trump- Mercer, Adelson, Koch, and the entire fossil fuel industry- also don't care about democracy. They are waist deep in global bribery and environmental carnage. The press has been negligent in rarely making those connections. Many of Trump's staffing decisions were dictated by them.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:We cannot underestimate the president, for many reasons.

1. Trump won't decide to follow democratic norms, since he comes from a real estate background that included bribery, partnerships with criminals, and refusals to honor contracts.
2. Strengthening democratic norms is wise, but our attacks on the President must be blunt and relentless. This is not just another blowhard, but rather a dangerous, and murderous, potential dictator.
3. How can someone be expected to obey democratic norms when he doesn't even know the words to the national anthem?
4. This is the most important: The oligarchs who back Trump- Mercer, Adelson, Koch, and the entire fossil fuel industry- also don't care about democracy. They are waist deep in global bribery and environmental carnage. The press has been negligent in rarely making those connections. Many of Trump's staffing decisions were dictated by them.

You really went off the deep end with this one. You are even more unhinged than I thought.
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote:You really went off the deep end with this one. You are even more unhinged than I thought.

No way man! Not only am I really really smart but I am a very stable genius :lol: .
By Hong Wu
Looks like the APA released a statement reaffirming their commitment to the Goldwater rule, against speculations regarding Trump's mental health. But since the lead person in this doesn't have an active psychiatrist license anyway it's unlikely to result in any punishments.
By annatar1914
President Trump isn't insane, he's a rich capitalist....

I'm not quite being ironic or facetious, but we're at the final phase of Capitalism here, and Donald Trump is pretty much ''John Galt'' as U.S. President. He's not insane, he's an ideologue and quite a rational one by the standards of Objectivism the way I see it. Mark my words; Ayn Rand would approve, once she saw his game plan.
By jimjam
The real question isn’t even the simpler one of whether Trump is unfit for office. It is the more complex one of whether the American people who elected him are fit for democracy.
By Doug64
jimjam wrote:The real question isn’t even the simpler one of whether Trump is unfit for office. It is the more complex one of whether the American people who elected him are fit for democracy.

I wondered the same thing after we chose to reelect Obama.
By Beren
Sure, reelecting Obama just raised the same questions regarding democracy as the Donald's campaign and presidency do, because he was so much unelectable against Romney. :lol:
By Potemkin
jimjam wrote:The real question isn’t even the simpler one of whether Trump is unfit for office. It is the more complex one of whether the American people who elected him are fit for democracy.

In fact, no nation's people are fit for democracy. Do most people cast their vote after carefully considering the policy platforms of the candidates and thoughtfully analysing the viability and desirability of those policies? Hell no, they vote for somebody because "he looks like a nice guy" or his wife's a supermodel or some shit like that. Lol.
By Doug64
Beren wrote:Sure, reelecting Obama just raised the same questions regarding democracy as the Donald's campaign and presidency do, because he was so much unelectable against Romney. :lol:

With Trump, it’s a matter of character rather than policy. With Obama, it was a matter of policy rather than character.
By Beren
Potemkin wrote:In fact, no nation's people are fit for democracy. Do most people cast their vote after carefully considering the policy platforms of the candidates and thoughtfully analysing the viability and desirability of those policies? Hell no, they vote for somebody because "he looks like a nice guy" or his wife's a supermodel or some shit like that. Lol.

In my opinion intuition is not necessarily worse than thoughtful analysis, I actually think they'd make you make the same decisions in most cases.

Doug64 wrote:With Trump, it’s a matter of character rather than policy. With Obama, it was a matter of policy rather than character.

Sure, let's compare Obama's policies with Trump's character, and Trump's policies with Obama's character! :lol:

To cut it short, they're both terrible in Trump's case and Obama's presidency should rather be compared with Romney's governorship, because Obama and Romney are the same category rather than Obama and Trump are.
By Potemkin
Beren wrote:In my opinion intuition is not necessarily worse than thoughtful analysis, I actually think they'd make you make the same decisions in most cases.

Their intuition told millions of Americans to vote for Donald Trump. Did their intuition guide them correctly, Beren?
By Beren
Potemkin wrote:Their intuition told millions of Americans to vote for Donald Trump. Did their intuition guide them correctly, Beren?

No, but what makes you think their thoughtful analysis would have? If they had thoughtfully analysed his policies, promises, or programs, they still would have voted for him. Why do you think their thoughtfulness is any better than their intuitions are?
By Potemkin
Beren wrote:No, but what makes you think their thoughtful analysis would have? If they had thoughtfully analysed his policies, promises, or programs, they still would have voted for him. Why do you think their thoughtfulness is any better than their intuitions are?

My point is that most people, so far as I can make out, do not seem to be capable of any form of thoughtful analysis. It's just not gonna happen. Nothing wrong with that, of course, until some idiot gave these monkeys the right to vote. Lol.
By Beren
Potemkin wrote:My point is that most people, so far as I can make out, do not seem to be capable of any form of thoughtful analysis. It's just not gonna happen. Nothing wrong with that, of course, until some idiot gave these monkeys the right to vote. Lol.

I think they're capable of some thoughtful analysis. Let's see the tax system. Do you think they don't prefer the "historic tax reform" after a thoughtful and detailed analysis? Do you believe they don't prefer his foreign policy when they actually see it? Intuition and thoughtfulness are two sides to the same coin: Smart people have smart intuitions, whereas not so smart people have not so smart intuitions. ;)
By Potemkin
Beren wrote:I think they're capable of some thoughtful analysis. Let's see the tax system. Do you think they don't prefer the "historic tax reform" after a thoughtful and detailed analysis? Do you believe they don't prefer his foreign policy when they actually see it? Intuition and thoughtfulness are two sides to the same coin: Smart people have smart intuitions, whereas not so smart people have not so smart intuitions. ;)

I value rational thought more highly than I value feelz, Beren. Perhaps your intuition tells you differently? :)
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ4bO6xWJ4k Ther[…]

@FiveofSwords " chimpanzee " Having[…]

@Rancid They, the dogs, don't go crazy. They s[…]