Donald Trump Announces “Dishonest Media Awards” Reveal Set For Day After Golden Globes - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Wolff has a reputation for sensationalizing things. Fair enough.

Why let him wander around the White House, give him access to meetings, have him give interviews, and everything else?

Obviously I have no way of knowing, but if I were an author trying to get that access I'd use flattery, and from what's been released it seems that everybody knows that the way to get anything from Trump is to say what a big boy he is.

The loser that made this decision is in charge of foreign policy, everybody.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I am finding it increasingly difficult to separate articles about Trump with satire about Trump. Either way, this is hilarious.

If I ran a news outlet in the US, I would love to get one of these awards.

Oh yeah:

This is the Clown-in-Chief making up for skipping the White House Correspondents Dinner by creating an extra circus.

Douglas Adams wrote:Zaphod Beeblebrox’s full title was President of the Imperial Galactic Government. The term Imperial is kept, though it is now an anachronism. The hereditary emperor is now nearly dead - and has been for many centuries. This is because in his last dying moments he was - much to his imperial irritation - locked in a perpetual stasis field. All his heirs are now, of course, long dead and the upshot of all this is that without any drastic upheaval political power has simply and effectively moved a rung or two down the ladder, and is now seemed to be vested in an elected governmental assembly, headed by a president elected by that assembly. In fact, it vests in no such place - that would be too easy. The president’s job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won’t realise this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it. Zaphod Beeblebrox, the only man in history to have made presidential telecasts from the bath, from Eccentrica Gallumbits bedroom, from the maximum-security wing of the Betelgeuse State Prison, or from where ever else he happened to be at the time, was supremely good at this job.
The Immortal Goon wrote:Why let him wander around the White House, give him access to meetings, have him give interviews, and everything else?

Literally because Wolff wrote an article Trump liked during the campaign that wasn't even very flattering. I guess Trump liked the picture and the opening sentences, because we sure as fuck know Trump doesn't, and possibly can't, read.

Trump is a fucking moron and if you try to interpret his actions as anything other than the spasmic flailing of a corpse responding to the dying twitches of a retarded brain you are also a fucking moron of the highest caliber. Like elephant gun caliber retarded.
Hindsite wrote:If you were looking forward to seeing who would be walking the red carpet for Donald Trump’s Fake News Awards show, you’ll have to wait another week. Trump announced that he’s handing out his awards on Wednesday, January 17th.

It's going to be one hell of a week before the 17th, I think.

People don't get Trump or what he's really doing, because of their own ideological blinders. I get him, very well. It was inevitable that Capitalism in it's late stage would produce a ruling Oligarch to defend it. A man who thinks in accordance with the principles of the primary political philosopher who justified Capitalism more than any other thinker who has ever lived, Ayn Rand.
annatar1914 wrote:It's going to be one hell of a week before the 17th, I think.

People don't get Trump or what he's really doing, because of their own ideological blinders. I get him, very well. It was inevitable that Capitalism in it's late stage would produce a ruling Oligarch to defend it. A man who thinks in accordance with the principles of the primary political philosopher who justified Capitalism more than any other thinker who has ever lived, Ayn Rand.

Also perhaps, the Trump of God. HalleluYah
One of my favorite stories about Trump is when he called up some of the old rich white men he speaks to every night, and who are definitely one of many sources of leaks from inside his dumbassed administration, and told them, "I have a tweet that will end the investigation."

Trump is not going to take this beyond a tweet because he is incapable of focusing on anything longer than that. Lol
Rule of thumb: "fake news" per Donald is about 98% real news.

In case you haven't noticed, any news that is in any way detrimental to The Donald Show is knee jerk "fake news". The obvious conclusion is that Donald has never ever made an error. :lol:
skinster wrote:Trump was meant to lose the election against Clinton and then do TV shows :hmm:

What they should do Skinster is get all these sexual harrassers and child pedophiles and total sexual deviants together and start handing out awards to them....

The Republican Party, here is the award for molesting minors....Roy Moore, total racist freak awards, Jeff Sessions, Lying boldly award, etc.

Someone should do it. Teflon man but who has molested a lot of people award,....Donald J. Trump....he starts his day tweeting and watching AM cable TV. He is now being accused of coming in fairly late....he spends his time also in the evening watching TV. Who the hell is a POTUS and watches TV? You don't have time for that if you are serious about running a government. You have work to do. I did not watch any TV Skinster when I was studying and working full time, no time for damn television...and if any responsible adult is the president of a large nation? TV time is severely limited. Not this president...this man doesn't want to read anything and he wants to watch TV....it is insane stuff. Really.
Tainari88 wrote:What they should do Skinster is get all these sexual harrassers and child pedophiles and total sexual deviants together and start handing out awards to them....

The Republican Party, here is the award for molesting minors....Roy Moore, total racist freak awards, Jeff Sessions, Lying boldly award, etc.

Someone should do it. Teflon man but who has molested a lot of people award,....Donald J. Trump....he starts his day tweeting and watching AM cable TV. He is now being accused of coming in fairly late....he spends his time also in the evening watching TV. Who the hell is a POTUS and watches TV? You don't have time for that if you are serious about running a government. You have work to do. I did not watch any TV Skinster when I was studying and working full time, no time for damn television...and if any responsible adult is the president of a large nation? TV time is severely limited. Not this president...this man doesn't want to read anything and he wants to watch TV....it is insane stuff. Really.

Practically everything you wrote is based on rumors that any logical person must conclude to be false. However, liberals are not logical people.
Hindsite wrote:Practically everything you wrote is based on rumors that any logical person must conclude to be false. However, liberals are not logical people.

I am not a liberal Hindsite. But I have read you enough to realize that you will never grasp either my life experiences or how I think at all. You don't know my politics. It is not about liberals. I don't deal with that political label.

I don't think you would be able to understand a damn thing about my life. So, let us just say that you can speculate, but not comprehend a thing about my thoughts. It is beyond your capacity Hindsite.

Nothing bad about that Hindsite. It is just a fact. :lol:
skinster wrote:Trump was meant to lose the election against Clinton and then do TV shows :hmm:

This was literally his plan, according to the Wolff book Fire and Fury.

Then he became president and now his life is a living hell of responsibilities he can't shirk off on to subordinates like he did when he ran his own company. lol

Also I'm going to call it now: the Dishonnies award show will never happen because it takes more than 5 minutes of Trump's time to do it and he is a clueless, spastic moron.
Dear Tanari88...

In just four years Jimmy Carter watched over 480 feature films(Inc Multiple screenings of films he liked) in the Whitehouse cinema alone(let alone TV viewing and other forms of entertainment).... One of the Job's perks is the President has his own fully equipped cinema. Carter used it a record 480 times. Famously Truman screened Casablanca there during World War 2.

Trump is small fry when it comes to media addiction in the Whitehouse....

That criticism doesn't stick in comparison to historical precedent as the President is basically working from his own home office 100% the time. Despite doing one of the most important jobs in the world. Most people don't get to work from home. Most work elsewhere.

Roosevelt loved going swimming in his pool. LBJ famously held press Meetings in his bedroom. The Perks of working at home in any home job.

Trump is being stupidly blasted for doing things most other Presidents have done. To LBJ the press was basically his Twitter(they came into his bedroom to have cigars with him at all hours and do "interviews" in the wee hours of the morning, just like Trump he sleeped little)... Nixon had severe problems dealing with them when he took over.

SpecialOlympian wrote:Also I'm going to call it now: the Dishonnies award show will never happen because it takes more than 5 minutes of Trump's time to do it and he is a clueless, spastic moron.

How's the stockmarket doing today?

@FiveofSwords You still haven't told us how y[…]

@Godstud I suggest you fact-check that. :lo[…]

He's a parasite

This is another one: https://www.youtube.com/shor[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 18, Thursday The rise of a canny classroom[…]