Oprah Winfrey For President? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Beren wrote:Hey everyone, the point actually is that if Trump is president, Oprah could be too. 8)

The point is that US democracy has degenerated into a plutocracy which uses show people as front men/women to entertain the public, because real politicians would risk interfering with the profit line of the oligarchs.
Atlantis wrote:The point is that US democracy has degenerated into a plutocracy which uses show people as front men/women to entertain the public, because real politicians would risk interfering with the profit line of the oligarchs.

This.
Atlantis wrote:The point is that US democracy has degenerated into a plutocracy which uses show people as front men/women to entertain the public, because real politicians would risk interfering with the profit line of the oligarchs.

Yes, yes, US democracy sucks. :roll: However, while Trump defeated the Clintons and his presidency is real, a Winfrey-presidency is still unimaginable, although they are the same category basically.
Rancid wrote:If Oprah runs for office, and wins. The US will basically be like Eastern Europe. Where rich billionaires take office, and basically screw working people.

I wonder if electing billionaires (or celebrities) is that much typical of Eastern Europe actually, screwing working people definitely is though. Putin, as well as Yeltsin, as doyen of Eastern European leaders, wasn't a billionaire either when he got elected.
Beren wrote:Yes, yes, US democracy sucks. :roll: However, while Trump defeated the Clintons and his presidency is real, a Winfrey-presidency is still unimaginable, although they are the same category basically.

I disagree.

While there is a myriad of reasons why who won/lost what, it cannot be overstated what the effect the press has had on influencing people's choices of nominees.

Every speech Trump gave was aired and repeated in full on CNN AND MSNBC around 3 times and high lights nearly every hour. This wasn't repeated for any other candidate. Hillary, one time and high lights several times. Bernie, when his candidacy became apparent, received more than others, but no one approached Trump's level. 100s of millions of dollars of free advertising turned him into a movement.

If Oprah runs, she'll do even better than Trump did. Trump is stale and has lost support but Oprah is the grand mistress of TV. Everyone loves her. And the CEOS won't let the cameras quit filming her, not while those advertising dollars are pouring into their bank accounts. She will win.

She kind and big hearted, but she ain't no politician.
Another corruptocrat. They figure vagina wasn't enough, gonna go for the melanin/vagina combo. Even if the media is as virulently anti-trump as before, won't be enough.

At the very least it will be entertaining. And if she were to win, she would make an even flimsier puppet than puppetbama was.

Every speech Trump gave was aired and repeated in full on CNN AND MSNBC around 3 times and high lights nearly every hour.

Every one of his speeches was ridiculed by the MSM, and he gave most of the speeches. Clinton didn't even bother campaigning for the most part, chiefly because she was incapable of doing so, being so frail.
Stormsmith wrote:She will win.

Maybe she would win, but her presidency is still unimaginable as Trump's presidency was unimaginable too. If it's not, then Trump may be really more than just a president, he's a trend-setter.
Honestly I just don't get how @Igor Antunov falls for either of the (almost-same) side of politics in this country. I don't know why but I can't get past it. :lol:

Stormsmith wrote:Every speech Trump gave was aired and repeated in full on CNN AND MSNBC around 3 times and high lights nearly every hour. This wasn't repeated for any other candidate.

Those networks backed Clinton and her campaign colluded with them to elevate Trump's bullshit, in an attempt to make him appear too crazy to vote for.

The plan backfired obviously.
The Immortal Goon wrote:Though I am firmly against an Oprah presidency, I must admit it’s fun to watch the drooling Trumpites object to a celebrity president with no experience :lol:

I also like that Finfinder is already in anti-Oprah campaign mode. :lol:
The Immortal Goon wrote:Though I am firmly against an Oprah presidency, I must admit it’s fun to watch the drooling Trumpites object to a celebrity president with no experience :lol:

Lol and it's even funnier watching leftists who call a person with immense experience in General Politics someone with "no experience in politics"....

Yes because the grueling 2 year election campaign totally doesn't exist right? As doesn't this magical pixie dust thing called Corporate Politics (including subgenres like Union Politics, Sport Politics and Boardroom Politics).....

If Oprah main reason she'd lose is because leftwing idiots usually fail to respect the fact that there is more than one boring old vanilla "Government" branch of Politics and totally undermine her campaign.
Last edited by colliric on 11 Jan 2018 01:34, edited 1 time in total.
Oh no. Please. No more amateur hour. Oprah can buy her politicians just like any other billionaire does.

I can't let this stand though. Third term. Did you actually think before you posted this garbage?

If she actually runs for president, it will be tragic for Hillary, who is the real qualified politician defeated by two underqualified celebrities in a row.

No doubt you are referring to Obama as an "unqualified celebrity". What garbage. He was a Senator. He was a professor of constitutional law. :lol:

Oprah will definitely prevent Hillary from getting the Democratic nomination in the next election cycle.

What makes you think Hillary is running?

I once had a bossy black teacher just like her in Australia and I didn't want to stay in the same room with her. Oprah is likely to play the race card to gain an unfair advantage over her white opponents.

Nonsense. Why would she do that? It would be a vote looser not vote winner. How in the world could you somehow conclude that white voters prefer black candidates?

I remember that her TV show was cancelled after losing so many white female viewers who left her after she endorsed Obama on her show.

Racist much?

First her show was not cancelled. She ended it. She owned it. It was the biggest draw in the afternoon time period. By far and away the most popular show on daytime television. In fact, in daytime television history. She started another show with 80 million households on a network she owned. Oprah started openly campaigning for Obama in 2007. Her show went until late 2011. By that time President Obama had been in office for two and a half years.

Seriously dude. You need to stop this nonsense. You are just making shit up and dissing us by thinking that we don't notice it.
Screen Actors Guild of America... Where Screen Actors Guild President Ronald Reagan got truly schooled in Politics...

Union Politics....

Not Federal Politics. He succeeded in transfering his existing skills to the federal arena.

Same thing happened with Trump, except he just choose to go for the top job from the start, where Reagan took the traditional route.

Arnie also learnt politics in Hollywood, Jesse The Body Ventura's acrumen came from learning locker room politics from fucken Vince McMahon in the fucken WWE(then called WWF).

Only idiots think political experience can't be gained outside Government.
Beren wrote:I also like that Finfinder is already in anti-Oprah campaign mode. :lol:

Must admit I'm honored. I have been called out by the POFO establishment left wing nut jobbers. I'll take that as a compliment as I have observed the POFO progressive mob does this whenever they are triggered.

I am not the one who never shows his credentials […]

As a Latino, I am always very careful about crossi[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting: https://jackrasmus.com/2024/04/23/uk[…]

Here are some of the the latest reports of student[…]