2018 US Elections - Page 10 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By One Degree
Beren wrote:This is being defensive exactly. ;)

Feel free to think so if it makes you happy. :) There were a lot of close house races. This means they are from divided districts. We won’t know for sure where many of them stand on the different issues until they start voting. Going strictly by Republican/Democrat May or may not be misleading.
By Godstud
:lol: Look at all the crybaby trump cultists here, complaining about nonsense delusional shit like anarchy and open borders. It makes me happy to see such winging and bitching from a bunch of cultists who were shown that not everyone supports a lying racist misogynist.
The house of Trump is going to fall one day. Trump is weakening the GOP thanks to his shit, drama and mindlessness. Could the US have a dumber, more parochial, male chauvinist as president?

He needs to retire to the loony bin.
By One Degree
The house of Trump is going to fall one day.

Sure, everything does eventually.

Trump is weakening the GOP thanks to his shit, drama and mindlessness
Why do you think weakening the GOP is a bad thing?
Could the US have a dumber, more parochial, male chauvinist as president?

We have. Trump doesn’t even make the top ten.
He needs to retire to the loony bin.

Liberals don’t allow that. He has a right not to be institutionalized and live on the street like a respected individual. :)
By colliric
Godstud wrote::lol: Look at all the crybaby trump cultists here, complaining about nonsense delusional shit like anarchy and open borders. It makes me happy to see such winging and bitching from a bunch of cultists who were shown that not everyone supports a lying racist misogynist.

What did losing a total of 76 house seats over two Midterm elections say about Barack Obama?

Nothing?

Trump has a long way to go to catch up to that FUCKEN AWFUL RECORD in the midterm elections.

Nothing to worry about. He will take 2020 easily.

Obama won 2012 after losing 63 house seats in the Midterms.....

Which election is more important? Most people would say straight up the Presidential Election is the most significant....
Last edited by colliric on 08 Nov 2018 01:18, edited 1 time in total.
By Red_Army
There is no point in me posting in the morning because when I get off work the thread is already 3 pages longer and I don't have time to read all of it. I pretty much agree with @Victoribus Spolia that redistricting is the purview of the ruling party. I'm more annoyed with incompetent weak democrats being pussies than the vampire Republicans doing exactly what they always do.
Red_Army wrote:I pretty much agree with @Victoribus Spolia that redistricting is the purview of the ruling party. I'm more annoyed with incompetent weak democrats being pussies than the vampire Republicans doing exactly what they always do.

By colliric
https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... 2525df5fda

Lol... The so called Blue Wave is fucken 10 seats short of the average first Midterm swing against the Presidential Party. And Obama's Midterm swing was OVER twice as bad, he still won the 2012 election.

You people are clearly partying on the Titanic. Most Democratic analysts are probably worried about the 2020 result right now. It's going to be an uphill battle. No wonder Trump is still smiling and celebrating. He had one of the best midterm results for a sitting president. You people are celebrating a below average "victory".
Last edited by colliric on 08 Nov 2018 01:27, edited 1 time in total.
Red_Army wrote:Hulkamania is but a drop of water in the ocean of Macho Madness.

Somebody needs to say their prayers and take their vitamins.

See 3:12 :lol:

The whole fucking video is epic though. Hogan was my fucking hero as a kid.

By colliric
Don't be too worried Albert... The Democratic swing was fucken below the first election Midterm average by 10 seats.

A below average result is nothing to celebrate.

Donald Trump's swing away is interestingly roughly THE SAME AS RONALD REAGAN'S FIRST MIDTERM RESULT! He lost 26 seats.

Clinton lost 54 and Obama fucken 63....

Last two Democrats took a real beating in their first midterms.
Last edited by colliric on 08 Nov 2018 01:54, edited 1 time in total.
By One Degree
I thought Abrams was just being a bitch not conceding to Kemp, but I just read why that makes sense. She knows she can’t catch him in votes, but he could fall below 50% and there would be a run off Dec 4th.
Godstud wrote:Hogan did steroids in the 1980s. This is a well-known fact. Vitamins?

suck it commie. :lol:
By Albert
@colliric
I'm not worried about the long term to be honest. There is a cultural change that is happening and in the end that will win over regardless of Trump or not. I also believe this change will take a while at least a decade or two, so it will continue when Trump is gone as well. In fact I think Trump is actually an opportunist in his core, seeing the shift happening he was primary driven to profit from it. I honestly believe him entering politics was a mistake on his part. His presidency will more likely end very badly for him then on positive note, but he did do unintentionally for all of us a significant sacrifice, even though I think he was driven by egotism all along. :lol:

It just still sucks to see a set back like this. As it signals that there is still a lot of people who do not see the sham that it is that Democrats stand for. But I guess it is meant to be.
By Drlee
You can't take the number of house seats and very meaningful at all.

The real power in the house are the committee chairmen. All that shit Nunez has been hiding in the house is about to be bus placards pretty soon. Trump can't control the purse strings anymore. Young people are watching him as are suburban women. But the big Kahuna was that Trump essentially lost Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania in a big way. And these states gave him the presidency last time.

If the republicans were smart, (and few of them are) they would dump Trump by having him resign and put Pence in claiming to be the new kinder and gentler republican government. Then they have a shot in 2020.

If the democrats can run Michele Obama then Trump is well and truly fucked. Trump trails her, Oprah and Kamila Harris by double digits. And they are, all three, almost bullet proof. Obama is a special woman. A close friend of Baby Bush. She has an unheard of popularity rating of 71% and a negativity rating of only 16%. If she ran today she would spank Trump handily.

Trump did better than he should have last night but with his wildly unpopular firing of Sessions today? We'll see what happens now. The smouldering turd out there is the NY state tax fraud case. He can't run from that one.
Red_Army wrote:It's not like wrestling is a fair competition to begin with.

:lol:

Look at this shit. This is inexcusable! >: htt[…]

Harvey Weinstein's conviction, for alleged "r[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It is pleasurable to see US university students st[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 27, Saturday More women to do German war w[…]