2018 US Elections - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Quickly turns around and shouts, "Oh yeah and you were appealing to authority!! ....shit, why do I always think of a good burn afterward!?"

Please keep it up Victoribus.

Victoribus Spolia wrote::lol:
Say Please.

Wins the PoFo Award for most edits.

Last edited by ‪Victoribus Spolia‬ on Wed 07 Nov 2018, 18:36, edited 2 times in total.
Last edited by ‪Victoribus Spolia‬ on Wed 07 Nov 2018, 19:23, edited 2 times in total.
Last edited by ‪Victoribus Spolia‬ on Wed 07 Nov 2018, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by ‪Victoribus Spolia‬ on Wed 07 Nov 2018, 20:04, edited 2 times in total.

:lol:
By One Degree
anarchist23 wrote:Wins the PoFo Award for most edits.

Liberals proclaim proofreading and editing are sins to be publically ridiculed. Lol
anarchist23 wrote:Wins the PoFo Award for most edits.

I'm sure @SpecialOlympian is super thankful for all the aid you just gave him with that epic burn.
By anarchist23
SpecialOlympian wrote:I appreciate anarchist23 and his contributions to the forum. Thank you, A23!

No problem.
By One Degree
Group hug! :)
By Drlee
Trump just fired Jeff Sessions and appointed a lackey instead of the deputy.

The constitutional crisis is upon us.

Sadly the republicans do not have the moral courage to do the right thing and stop him from firing Mueller. This is ugly. It will make the ignorant Trump followers crow with joy.

I am not indulging in hyperbole when I say that democracy as I was raised to know it has ended. We have, for all intent and purpose, a dictator now. Unconstrained by the legislature. Before the democrats have a chance to gain control of the House, Trump will have fired Mueller and his records will all go missing. Mark my words.

It is the day Putin gained control of the US without firing a shot.

The sad thing for me is that the Trump followers are simply not intelligent enough to see what is happening to their country. Watch the Trump drones here. They will be thrilled.
SpecialOlympian wrote:I appreciate anarchist23 and his contributions to the forum. Thank you, A23!

anarchist23 wrote:No problem.

One Degree wrote:Group hug!

Drlee wrote:Trump just fired Jeff Sessions and appointed a lackey instead of the deputy.

Calm down buttercup, no Nixonite massacre has occurred yet.

Deep Breathes.
By Albert
Prepare for the next two years, it is time to clutch really really tight. It is going to be spectacle for sure. There is no way Democrats are going to work with Republicans while Trump is in power. Whoever voted for Democrats just gave power to an angry mob that will stop at nothing but getting their way.

It is going to be prime time entertainment, it would be funny if it was not so real.
By anarchist23
Longtime Republican operative and former Trump campaign adviser Roger Stone predicts special counsel Robert Mueller will indict Donald Trump Jr. on a "process crime."
“The special counsel is going to charge Donald Trump Jr. with lying to the FBI. Notice they’re not charging him for having an illegal meeting with a Russian at Trump Tower because there’s nothing illegal about that meeting,” Stone told James Miller of The Political Insider.
“[P]ut more precisely, the only thing illegal about that meeting was how the woman got in the country, how she got a visa from the Obama State Department, and why she was meeting with an official from Fusion GPS before and after the Trump Tower meeting.”
Stone is not the first former Trump adviser to predict legal trouble for Trump, Jr. Steve Bannon was quoted in January, in Michael Wolff's book Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House, saying, "The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor - with no lawyers. They didn't have any lawyers."

https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/roge ... -1.6414615
By One Degree
Trump just needs an excuse for military action on the border and claim Mexico’s incitement. Democrats would then be required to follow his lead. Military conflict has been a tried and true method of forcing united action.
It doesn’t have to be Mexico, but they would work well to end immigration and they are no military threat so no mass US casualties.
I should probably suggest this to him at our next golf outing. :)
By Beren
Drlee wrote:Trump just fired Jeff Sessions and appointed a lackey instead of the deputy.

Sadly the republicans do not have the moral courage to do the right thing and stop him from firing Mueller. This is ugly. It will make the ignorant Trump followers crow with joy.

I am not indulging in hyperbole when I say that democracy as I was raised to know it has ended. We have, for all intent and purpose, a dictator now. Unconstrained by the legislature. Before the democrats have a chance to gain control of the House, Trump will have fired Mueller and his records will all go missing. Mark my words.

It is the day Putin gained control of the US without firing a shot.

The sad thing for me is that the Trump followers are simply not intelligent enough to see what is happening to their country. Watch the Trump drones here. They will be thrilled.

Maybe that's just how Trump's swan song or the Götterdämmerung begins, which will be a cacophonic clusterfuck I guess.

As to Putin, he's like Hannibal in Italy. Brilliant manoeuvres performed and many great battles won, but the war finally lost.
By Drlee
I hope you are right Beren. Maybe you are.

Putin is the leader of a once great nation and he is sly as a fox.

I seriously wonder if there is a single republican who will rise to defend Sessions and the Special Counsel. I doubt it. After yesterday they have to be shaking in their boots. They were shown that the Republican Party IS the racist/fascist party and straying is political suicide.

In many ways Trump had a huge victory last night. Regardless of the legislative agenda, which just changed, he has proven himself the absolute leader of the brown-shirts who are the majority of the republican party. Let's face it. Trump had a very significant strategic victory.
By One Degree
It’s Trump’s job to decide if his people are doing what he wants, not mine. How Dems can lose their shit over Trump making personnel decisions is weird. I guess it goes with the rest of “the sky is falling” routine. You are right to be concerned but the sky is not falling on America. It is falling on Democrat’s lunacy. You should be very scared. :) Did you really think telling half of the US they were ignorant, racist, bigots would work out well for you? What a ridiculous strategy.
By Beren
Drlee wrote:I hope you are right Beren. Maybe you are.

Putin is the leader of a once great nation and he is sly as a fox.

I seriously wonder if there is a single republican who will rise to defend Sessions and the Special Counsel. I doubt it. After yesterday they have to be shaking in their boots. They were shown that the Republican Party IS the racist/fascist party and straying is political suicide.

In many ways Trump had a huge victory last night. Regardless of the legislative agenda, which just changed, he has proven himself the absolute leader of the brown-shirts who are the majority of the republican party. Let's face it. Trump had a very significant strategic victory.

In my opinion it's rather the opposite. Even though he made a tactical victory in the Senate race, he just has to look at the Senate race map to see how his presidency is supposed to end in 2020, and he doesn't even have the initiative anymore. His move to sack Sessions is a preemptive defensive action too actually. His strategy was a Blitzkrieg strategy, like Hannibal's strategy was an underdog strategy too, and he's run out of steam and he's in defense already, even if he owns the GOP for now perhaps. I wonder if he's done so much fundraising for a tough primary rather than the presidential campaign itself, but he clearly didn't believe he should have focused on the midterms which were lost anyway, hence Paul Ryan stepped down too. Maybe he (or rather the Kochs) will even challenge him if Trump's position deteriorates much further.
By One Degree
There are still 18 undecided house seats. It is too early to know if Democrats have a workable majority or just their current 2 vote advantage. Very premature to fantasize about Trump being on the defensive.

Edit: ‘270 to win’ is only forecasting 222 to 202 with 11 not guessable.
Last edited by One Degree on 07 Nov 2018 23:19, edited 1 time in total.
Drlee wrote:They were shown that the Republican Party IS the racist/fascist party and straying is political suicide.

In many ways Trump had a huge victory last night. Regardless of the legislative agenda, which just changed, he has proven himself the absolute leader of the brown-shirts who are the majority of the republican party.

You do know how fucking crazy you sound here right?

Lay off the vintage absinthe and coke in your DC penthouse and take a nap before you post this insane horseshit again.

You are hurting your credibility with such hysterics.

#LiterallyHitler.

By One Degree
Beren wrote:Nobody's fantasizing about Trump being on the defensive, he's on the defensive, like you're being on the defensive too. ;)

I added an edit. ‘270 to win’ is only forecasting 222 to 202 with 11 left impossible to guess. The House is not as predictable strictly along party lines. I am not defensive, just pointing out Dems minor victory may not mean much. Too early to tell.

My position has always been very clear. Ukraine s[…]

The few seconds of footage show a man walking aro[…]

No Sword man, the truth is you are claiming white[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023