FBI Collusion - No Russian Collusion - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Zagadka wrote:You know my view of the investigation. I don't know enough about the specifics to make any kind of legal presumption, but I'd generally prefer leads be followed. And the trend I'm seeing is that people in charge of investigating Trump seem to have a high turnover from the administration. Does not scream "innocent".

Of cause the flipside arguement is the high turnover is a result of partisan Democrat corruption of the process making it extremely difficult to hire unbiased individuals. The arguement goes both ways.... Especially when the corrupt as heck Clinton's pushed this Russia narrative heavily.
Drlee wrote:There is no Nunes memo.

There is, and the House Intelligence committee voted to release it today.

Drlee wrote:Trump does not have near the support needed to survive serious charges. The moderate republican establishment would kick him to the curb in a heartbeat.

There isn't anything to the Russia collusion story, so there will be no such charges. Mueller may try to pull some lame crap like he did with General Flynn, but that's not going to fly.

Drlee wrote:Trump's "base" is Bubba city. It has no real political power outside of the far right wing of the republican party.

Trump won in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. It's not just the South. It's blue collar workers--the sort of people you disdain as not being classy and or "stupid."

Drlee wrote:We can see from the recent elections that the republicans are in full retreat at the polls. 18 could well spell the virtual end of the republican party.

Not that I care about the wellbeing of the Republican party, but you more or less predicted the same thing for 2016 and you were completely wrong.

Hong Wu wrote:I like how hard shills are attacking a memo they haven't read yet. Really makes you wonder what they're afraid of.

The establishment has real and persistent adversaries. There is basically no stopping their comeuppance.

Finfinder wrote:Back to the topic. Andrew McCabe gets his ass fired err um I mean is stepping down. Can any of you brilliant leftist's explain this one away.

He wants to avoid getting fired so he will receive his FBI pension. So he's taking himself off the radar, or so he thinks.

Zagadka wrote:And if Obama ever fired someone investigating him breaking election law, you'd have the same reaction, eh.

There is no evidence Trump broke any election laws. Weaponizing a campaign's opposition research smear campaign with intelligence agencies is serious business. If any of it is knowingly false, the crimes are going to be against Hillary Clinton, the DNC and willing co-conspirators in the FBI and DoJ.

MistyTiger wrote:The FBI's been using Christopher Steele's work for years, as has the UK. He's held in high regard.

So you are saying the government of the UK is trying to overthrow the US head of state?

Hindsite wrote:I am not a lawyer, but I got a feeling it ain't right.

Well, clearly there is some extreme bias. Mueller prosecuted Flynn, while the Department of Justice did not. It was Strzok that requested a meeting under oath, when he already had audio of the conversation. It was a counter-intelligence operation to thrwart Flynn's appointment as National Security Adviser. By contrast, Hillary Clinton's actions led to her server being hacked and classified information falling into the hands of foreign adversaries, and she wasn't punished at all. In fact, military officers doing things like taking a selfie in a classified area of a warship are getting put in prison even though no foreign state received the information. Hillary Clinton's gross negligence did adversely affect US national security, and she doesn't even have to give an interview under oath while her colleagues are granted immunity.
- FBI deputy director resigns
"The memo is nothing!"

- DNC head resigns
"You know what? There is no memo! They made it up!"

Reaching Baghdad Bob levels here and it hasn't even come out yet. Sad!

"Imagine how mad you'd be if Obama was getting investigated and decided to fire the investigator but then changed his mind, according to an anonymous source."
Yeah, I'd have been real mad about that? When have you seen conservative media reach this far? Trump is literally being accused of having thought about doing something...
There is, and the House Intelligence committee voted to release it today.

What they voted to release is a compilation of innuendo and incomplete items designed to support their position and fire Mueller. It is a disgrace. They refused to release the rest of the information on the "democrat memo". Given the level of out and out lying being done by the government these days I intend to ignore the whole thing and think all but Trumps Bubba's will too.

They will fire Mueller. The Democrats will regain the house or senate eventually and there will be quite a few people off to club fed.
Finfinder wrote: Are you saying that they recommended him highly to the Clintons ?

I believe Steele presented his dossier to Washington in 2016, when Obama held the reins. Not HRC

Drlee wrote:They will fire Mueller. The Democrats will regain the house or senate eventually and there will be quite a few people off to club fed.

Something in the order of 33 Republican congressmen have given notice of their retirement in 2018. Either they are seeing the same hand writing on the wall, or they're just plain fed up with the exhaustive process of creating a campaign warchest
Drlee wrote:They refused to release the rest of the information on the "democrat memo". Given the level of out and out lying being done by the government these days I intend to ignore the whole thing and think all but Trumps Bubba's will too.

Oh bullshit...

The Democrats can defend themselves in public, they don't need to be given undue assistance. That was a political "fallout minimisation" ploy and you know it. No, they can put their case forward in the media.
The Democrats can defend themselves in public, they don't need to be given undue assistance. That was a political "fallout minimisation" ploy and you know it. No, they can put their case forward in the media.

No they can't. It would be a felony. Do remember what country you are speaking of.
Drlee wrote:No they can't. It would be a felony. Do remember what country you are speaking of.

No it wouldn't. They can't release their own classified "memo" but they can go ahead and defend themselves in public when the Nunes Memo is published(without mentioning their own memo) and mention what ways they disagree with it.

Nancy Pelosi is already out there playing terrible defence:

The committee did not have to give them undeserved support and do their media relations work for them. They can play "fallout minimisation" defence themselves.
So your solution is to allow the republicans to lie and distort a document that they claim is the declassified truth and you want the democrats to not have the option of presenting the truth because the republicans refuse to declassify the parts of the document that support the democrat's position.

That is idiotic. Completely partisan but idiotic.
Umm no.

What part of "the Democrats have the right to criticize the document in the public arena" do you not understand?

What you were proposing is that the committee, which has indeed read the Nunes Memo and can therefore potentially decide on it's importance, give equal creedence to a responsive potential "Democratic Damage Control" memo because you are obviously expecting preferential treatment. This is not a "let the public decide between the two memos, because having two memos is fair" thing. A "Put a silencer on the gun" affair so to speak. No they should respond in public once the memo is out. Demanding preferential treatment from their in government opposition is cowardly.

The Democrats can respond in public instead of have the committee undermine the contents of the original memo as soon as it's released.

THIS IS NORMAL POLITICAL DISCOURSE. Release the document, then discuss it in public debate.

What the democrats were demanding wasn't normal.
Drlee wrote:So your solution is to allow the republicans to lie and distort a document that they claim is the declassified truth and you want the democrats to not have the option of presenting the truth because the republicans refuse to declassify the parts of the document that support the democrat's position.

That is idiotic. Completely partisan but idiotic.

No it is not. That Adam Schiff (D-CA) guy is lying. The Democrats will have the option of releasing their memo once it goes through the same procedure that the Devin Nunes (R-CA) memo did.

Stormsmith wrote:Something in the order of 33 Republican congressmen have given notice of their retirement in 2018. Either they are seeing the same hand writing on the wall, or they're just plain fed up with the exhaustive process of creating a campaign warchest

Or maybe they agree with President Trump on term limits for the Congress.
Pathetic. Someone from oz is lecturing me on congressional procedure. You are wrong. Get over it.

Hindsite. You are just getting more ridiculous every moment. But don't worry. The republicans will publish a fake memo and then Trump will fire Mueller. This is over. This is nothing less than a coup.

I am frankly tired of this nonsense. And you trolls.
So I live under the Westminster System... Publish first, field "questions from the (other side of) the house" later on live TV?... So?

They'll get their chance to respond as a party, and you know it.
Stormsmith wrote:Something in the order of 33 Republican congressmen have given notice of their retirement in 2018. Either they are seeing the same hand writing on the wall, or they're just plain fed up with the exhaustive process of creating a campaign warchest

Update: Make that 34 Republican congressmen and add Trey Gowdy's name to the list. Guess life as a congressman just isn'the worth living if you can't look forward to losing eleven hour legal debates - investigations to HRC no matter how many times one tries, :lol: Apparently he's going into law :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lets not forget who Trumps's real secret backer was - Hilary Clinton. Trump only stood for the nomination because the Clintons asked him to. He knew the liberal media would do their best to help him get the nomination. Of course I don't think the Clinton's ever imagined he would actually win the nomination and certainly not the Presidency. It was still a very, very smart move by Clinton. Clinton would almost certainly have done worse if she'd been up against Cruz, Bush or Rubio.
Drlee wrote:Pathetic. Someone from oz is lecturing me on congressional procedure. You are wrong. Get over it.

Hindsite. You are just getting more ridiculous every moment. But don't worry. The republicans will publish a fake memo and then Trump will fire Mueller. This is over. This is nothing less than a coup.

I am frankly tired of this nonsense. And you trolls.

I bet I have been in Washington, D.C., the White House, the State Department, and the Congress many more times than you.
So prove me wrong.
Last edited by Hindsite on 01 Feb 2018 03:25, edited 1 time in total.

Of course. Dark skin is just one difference betwe[…]

Footage disagrees, even I posted an obvious case o[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3KPa_OfbEw https[…]

only vacation ? i think many of them moved (avoid[…]