#ReleasedTheMemo! - Page 11 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Godstud
Ah, I am starting to understand noir's method. He uses the shotgun effects in that he says a whole bunch of shit, and if it's disputed, he ignores it, but if it's ignored he starts playing on it.
Pathetic and petty fucking lame, @noir . Really lame. I guess it highlights how you really have no argument. You just spam us all with BS until something sticks because we are simply to tired to bother with it.
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote:@noir Trudeau is a neurosurgeon and rocket scientist compared to the leader of the USA. I can see why dipshits who don't know anything about Canada would try to compare him to the freakshow that is the USA, but they ultimately FAIL like the morons that they are. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PM Trudeau isn't perfect, but compared to Trump, he's the Second Coming. He understands diplomacy and politics, which places him far ahead of Trump, from the start.

But you are in some sh*thole country near the South China Sea and don't understand the warning sounds of the Trump of God.
HalleluYah.
By Godstud
Hindsite wrote:But you are in some sh*thole country near the South China Sea and don't understand the warning sounds of the Trump of God.
Obviously you are in some shithole cuntry with a sub-par education, so you don't understand anything about geography, and knowing when Trump is being a stupid fucking blowhard. :lol:

Grow up, old man.
By Hong Wu
Some of these countries are just fine ;)

It is just that the world looks very different when you don't have a welfare state. Without welfare states the west would look a lot like eastern Europe or east Asia outside of Tokyo/Seoul/Shanghai, which is basically the "second world". And this second world is just fine. The superficial cleanliness of the first world is also the thing we spend our time arguing about.
By Hindsite
Hong Wu wrote:Some of these countries are just fine ;)

It is just that the world looks very different when you don't have a welfare state. Without welfare states the west would look a lot like eastern Europe or east Asia outside of Tokyo/Seoul/Shanghai, which is basically the "second world". And this second world is just fine. The superficial cleanliness of the first world is also the thing we spend our time arguing about.

But why should there be any argument about making America great again, greater than ever before?
Shouldn't all Americans want that?
By Crantag
Hindsite wrote:But why should there be any argument about making America great again, greater than ever before?
Shouldn't all Americans want that?

No, some see nationalism as an abhorrent delusion. Noxious nationalism is very common in the world though. I'm proud of the place where I am from, but this has nothing to do with the commonplace tribalism variety of nationalism, and I don't consider myself a nationalist by any measure (nor a globalist, or any such ridiculous thing. Just a dude.)

As far as noxious nationalism goes, the virulent sort is less common in the US than it is in Japan, where I lived for 7 years. I am not talking about being proud of Japanese tea ceremony, or Japanese cuisine, or Japanese traditional dress. It's something visceral, that you can simply feel.

There is so much stuff I hear bandied about these days that is completely inappropriate to be crammed down everybody's throat. Some of it is in the nationalistic realm. There are standards of decency that are more or less universal, as influenced by our tradition. We rate films PG13 and above that don't adhere to this, and don't allow kids to deviate too much from it in school. But now decency is becoming absent, and we are all worse for it.

The above is a general indictment, but in the popular discourse, discussion of nationalism sometimes also is tainted by such indecency of rhetoric. Such talk can influence thoughts, and actions.

Why anarchy? For me, the above somewhat relates to some of the reasoning I see in it. Nation-states are violent, coercive, tyrannical conglomerations. They have a feeling of permanence in our lives, but in the grander scheme, they are more likely just fleeting. Our whole international social organization is based on some treaty arrangements, drawn up on somewhat arbitrary terms, as the basis of mass projects of social engineering. This was initially done at the Treaty of Westphalia, in 1648. At least according to conventional international relations theory, that's from whence the nation-state became.

Most of us are as minnows in a tide pool. It's as a rule naive to think one can affect the direction of the current--except in the most extraordinary of cases--but the pursuit of boundless (i.e. critical) thought is still a worthwhile endeavor; if for no other reason than to pass the time.
By Sivad
Crantag wrote:Why anarchy? For me, the above somewhat relates to some of the reasoning I see in it. Nation-states are violent, coercive, tyrannical conglomerations.

Human societies are violent, coercive, tyrannical conglomerations. Real anarchy requires checks and balances on power which protect the individual from the collective and the collective from the individual.
By Crantag
Sivad wrote:Human societies are violent, coercive, tyrannical conglomerations. Real anarchy requires checks and balances on power which protect the individual from the collective and the collective from the individual.

Certainly. For me, the fantasy ideal alien world based on our current civilizational forms, basically adheres to local self-determination (though not including utilitarian minority persecution, etc.). I don't have any delusions about how this might be brought into existence within our current frameworks. Philosophically, I am sympathetic to those ancient Chinese mercenary bands, who would say only fight on the sides of those which were properly deemed the wrongful victims of aggression.
By Hindsite
Crantag wrote:No, some see nationalism as an abhorrent delusion. Noxious nationalism is very common in the world though. I'm proud of the place where I am from, but this has nothing to do with the commonplace tribalism variety of nationalism, and I don't consider myself a nationalist by any measure (nor a globalist, or any such ridiculous thing. Just a dude.)

Okay dude. To me that sounds like left-wing propaganda that you have bought into. On the other hand, I served 20 years in U.S. Army because I am a patriotic American that thinks there is nothing wrong with wanting America to be greater than ever before. In fact, I don't even mind being identified as a redneck Christian.
Praise the Lord.
By Crantag
Hindsite wrote:Okay dude. To me that sounds like left-wing propaganda that you have bought into. On the other hand, I served 20 years in U.S. Army because I am a patriotic American that thinks there is nothing wrong with wanting America to be greater than ever before. In fact, I don't even mind being identified as a redneck Christian.
Praise the Lord.

I find it annoying how some people, even on a forum like this, can't seem to understand that some people are simply capable of independent critical analysis of philosophical political topics.

I don't brag about my ecreds, but I've mentioned some of my background, and I also have a bachelor's in international relations and have traveled around the world; and not just with the army, which is tantamount to touring US colonial outposts. I know as I've been to some of them.
By Igor Antunov
'Accuse your opponents of what you are guilty of'

It was projection from the start. The democrats colluded with the Russians to illegally take down an elected president. Time for the firing squad.
By Rancid
Igor Antunov wrote:'Accuse your opponents of what you are guilty of'

Dumb statement.

I guess this makes Trump a traitor.
[youtube]zjwPiE1wCU0[/youtube]
By Igor Antunov
^ Lazy deflection. My comment comes with some authority given these latest revelations. Certainly not your CNN 'an anonymous source familiar with the situation says' run of the mill fake news. These texts have the swamp running scared.
colliric wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/08/democratic-sen-mark-warner-texted-with-russian-oligarch-lobbyist-in-effort-to-contact-dossier-author-christopher-steele.html

Yeah....

This is a real shitstorm now...

Trump is naturally upset with this too.

Democratic operative Marco Rubio has already undercut this report.
By colliric
He just said it had little impact on the probe, we all know that already. It's to do with Democratic Corruption, not the validity of the probe itself.

If you don't understand how this makes Democratic Party look corrupt then you must be really really out of touch with what's going on.
Obviously the Democrats are corrupt. Just in the same normal way that the Republicans are.

There is no conspiracy.
By colliric
The Immortal Goon wrote:Obviously the Democrats are corrupt. Just in the same normal way that the Republicans are.

There is no conspiracy.

Lol. Then why do support the Russia probe then?

Why do you support it over say, a probe into how to the FBI handled Weinergate and Emailgate?
colliric wrote:Lol. Then why do support the Russia probe then?

Why do you support it over say, a probe into how to the FBI handled Weinergate and Emailgate?

I'm not particularly interested in the Russian probe.

And I'm not against these kinds of investigations.

I'm against stupid conspiracy theories to try and justify feelings via whataboutism.
It's unfortunate that TIG, who is an American living in America where all of this is happening, isn't a Democrat, and has been consistent on PoFo about Russiagate being a conspiracy theory (in the same way Pizzagate was a conspiracy theory, etc), is so out of touch with American politics and news.

Oh wait.

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isr[…]

Some examples: https://twitter.com/OnlinePalEng/s[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I do not have your life Godstud. I am never going[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O