#ReleasedTheMemo! - Page 13 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Sivad
blackjack21 wrote:Back to the topic, I think Trump should release the memo. However, I think he should declassify it and defer to Schiff as to whether to publish it. Alternatively, I would delegate the power to declassify the memo as is to Adam Schiff. Otherwise, the next complaint will be that Trump did what the Democrats asked him to do.

They need to release everything. Most shit isn't classified to protect national security, it's classified to protect the lies and criminal malfeasance of the deep state. They talk about protecting sources and methods but really it's just about concealing the fact that their sources and methods won't hold up under public scrutiny.
By Godstud
@blackjack21 I responded to his argument that location made no difference to an argument that Hindsite, but you don't read everything that people post, so you make broad stupid assumption and post attacks against me based on where I choose to live.

I live in the Land of Smiles, because my wife has family there, and it's a BETTER place to raise your children in, than USA, even though I will add home-schooling English to boost my son's education, particularly in English. Quality of living is better than in Canada, and USA, and more cost effective. I like the tropics, as well.

Your knowledge of Thailand is sorely lacking if you think the military Junta is similar to a dictatorship in any way. It looks like that from the outside, but it's still an acting democracy.

Are you done making comments on where I live now? It's old and irrelevant. All it shows is that I am more well-travelled than you.
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote:@blackjack21 I responded to his argument that location made no difference to an argument that Hindsite, but you don't read everything that people post, so you make broad stupid assumption and post attacks against me based on where I choose to live.

I live in the Land of Smiles, because my wife has family there, and it's a BETTER place to raise your children in, than USA, even though I will add home-schooling English to boost my son's education, particularly in English. Quality of living is better than in Canada, and USA, and more cost effective. I like the tropics, as well.

Your knowledge of Thailand is sorely lacking if you think the military Junta is similar to a dictatorship in any way. It looks like that from the outside, but it's still an acting democracy.

Are you done making comments on where I live now? It's old and irrelevant. All it shows is that I am more well-travelled than you.

Okay, I take my comment about you living in a sh*thole back. If it is the Land of Smiles for you then that is fine. But i would still rather live in the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Now let's get back on topic.
By Godstud
Hindsite wrote:Okay, I take my comment about you living in a sh*thole back. If it is the Land of Smiles for you then that is fine. But i would still rather live in the land of the free and the home of the brave.
Thanks. I am sure you are happy where you live, as well. You'd truly be surprised at how free you are in a great many countries. A lot of little laws that are annoying in US/Canada, are lacking in developing countries. eg. My friend can drink beer in the car, while I drive(not drinking).

back on topic, I don't think this memo is as damning as a great many people are suggesting. I guess only time will tell.
By Hindsite
Godstud wrote:Thanks. I am sure you are happy where you live, as well. You'd truly be surprised at how free you are in a great many countries. A lot of little laws that are annoying in US/Canada, are lacking in developing countries. eg. My friend can drink beer in the car, while I drive(not drinking).

back on topic, I don't think this memo is as damning as a great many people are suggesting. I guess only time will tell.

I remember when I was young, that my uncle Jimmy would be drinking beer and driving us all the way from Freeport in south Texas to Tyler in east Texas. I guess there was no law against it then, just like there were no seat belt laws. But now the lawmakers want to protect us from killing ourselves and others.

I believe the memo is just the start of how damning it is going to become for the left-wing partisan law breakers in high places. Praise the Lord.
By Hong Wu
Thailand has some of the world's most notorious red light districts. I wouldn't call that a better place to raise children than the US. The US has it's problems but suggesting that Thailand is a better place for families sounds baseless to me.
By Godstud
Hong Wu wrote:Thailand has some of the world's most notorious red light districts. I wouldn't call that a better place to raise children than the US. The US has it's problems but suggesting that Thailand is a better place for families sounds baseless to me.
United States has some of the most dangerous neighbourhoods in the world(East Chicago and Baltimore come to mind). They have cities that are just gambling dens and whorehouses(Vegas/Atlantic city). The US also has red light districts. The USA has a rape problem(18x the rate in Thailand) and gun violence that is out of control. They have school shootings almost daily.

Are you really so stupid as to try to base a whole country on a few tourist traps? :knife: A neighbourhood is no more representative of a country any more than Las Vegas, and it's whorehouses and gambling, is representative of the whole of USA.

You shouldn't throw rocks when you live in a glass house. Your whole claim is baseless, and infantile.

You do realize that red light districts do not encompass all of Thailand, right... or are you truly that ignorant?

Get back on topic, ya troll.
By Hong Wu
Godstud wrote:United States has some of the most dangerous neighbourhoods in the world(East Chicago and Baltimore come to mind). They have cities that are just gambling dens and whorehouses(Vegas/Atlantic city). The US also has red light districts. The USA has a rape problem(18x the rate in Thailand) and gun violence that is out of control. They have school shootings almost daily.

Are you really so stupid as to try to base a whole country on a few tourist traps? :knife: A neighbourhood is no more representative of a country any more than Las Vegas, and it's whorehouses and gambling, is representative of the whole of USA.

You shouldn't throw rocks when you live in a glass house. Your whole claim is baseless, and infantile.

You do realize that red light districts do not encompass all of Thailand, right... or are you truly that ignorant?

Get back on topic, ya troll.

This is a funny argument because people defend the US by saying that the violence happens within specific and isolated areas. You have attacked that argument countless times but now you're employing it.
By Godstud
You're funny because you talk shit, from a position of complete ignorance(lack of knowledge), and can't back it up with any facts. You try to make it into a personal attack because you have no real argument.

[Zag Edit: Rule 2]
By blackjack21
Sivad wrote:They need to release everything. Most shit isn't classified to protect national security, it's classified to protect the lies and criminal malfeasance of the deep state. They talk about protecting sources and methods but really it's just about concealing the fact that their sources and methods won't hold up under public scrutiny.

Agreed. I don't think the Democrats will do themselves any favors by asking for transparency, because Trump voters want it too and it is only going to be more profound embarrassment for the deep state.

Godstud wrote:@blackjack21 I responded to his argument that location made no difference to an argument that Hindsite {sic?}, but you don't read everything that people post, so you make broad stupid assumption {sic} and post attacks against me based on where I choose to live.

I don't think I attacked you. I just thought it was puzzling. If you are going to attack my level of intelligence, could you please at least edit your statements first?

Godstud wrote:I live in the Land of Smiles, because my wife has family there, and it's a BETTER place to raise your children in {sic, preposition at the end of a phrase}, than USA {sic, the USA?}, even though I will add home-schooling English to boost my son's education, particularly in English.

Hrmmmm... You might think about going back to work so you can pay a professional tutor if you want your son to learn proper English.

Godstud wrote:All it shows is that I am more well-travelled than you.

More well-travelled? Well, you are correct in assuming that I haven't been to Thailand. I have been to quite a few countries.

Godstud wrote:United States has some of the most dangerous neighbourhoods in the world(East Chicago and Baltimore come to mind).

Just because black people like to shoot each other doesn't mean we should call their neighborhoods dangerous. They just have different cultural norms than other groups of Americans. We should try to be understanding of their cultural values.

Godstud wrote:The USA has a rape problem(18x the rate in Thailand) and gun violence that is out of control.

If you consider just the white population, it's no greater than in Europe or Canada.

Godstud wrote:Are you really so stupid as to try to base a whole country on a few tourist traps? :knife: A neighbourhood is no more representative of a country any more than Las Vegas, and it's whorehouses and gambling, is representative of the whole of USA.

Yes, but America isn't representative of black ghettos either. Yet, you consistently generalize about the United States in this way. What do you think the crime rate would look like in America if there were no black or illegal alien population?

Godstud wrote:You do realize that red light districts do not encompass all of Thailand, right... or are you truly that ignorant?

Black ghettos do not encompass the United States either.

Hong Wu wrote: You have attacked that argument countless times but now you're employing it.

Isn't that ever true...

I think we should release the memo as is. If it reveals sources and methods, great! It's clear they are just hiding their complete lack of competence from the American people.
By Godstud
blackjack21 wrote:Hrmmmm... You might think about going back to work so you can pay a professional tutor if you want your son to learn proper English.
I am not concerned about some asshole grammar nazi on this forum commenting on my English, when his is shit, most of the time. Again, attacking things other than what I am saying. :moron:

Trying to blame all the blacks for US crimes like rape are lies, and racist.
http://www.sarsonline.org/resources-sta ... ws-statics

You're simply making up shit to promote your racist agenda, and excuse the crime that the USA has. I suppose blacks do all the school shootings, or do you not have an excuse for that, that you can blame on a minority?

blackjack21 wrote:Well, you are correct in assuming that I haven't been to Thailand.
Right, so you should stop pretending you know much about places that you can't even be bothered to learn anything about. You likely haven't been out of North America, and are just talking shit, to deflect from your lack of arguments. Typical right wing racist.
By Hong Wu
Secondary education in Asian countries tends to get really expensive. In academically competitive countries like Korea and Taiwan parents will spend a majority of their income on it. This is probably not common in Thailand because it's not as good of a place to raise children...

Susan Rice's email about Obama's involvement in the Russian probe is a big deal for her and Comey. They've both said otherwise, as did Obama, about Obama's knowledge of the matter. So we can assume Rice will come back soon enough. Will she talk or will it be an "I can't recall" fest?

But what we're really wondering is what's in the next five or so memos. So much political maneuvering... probably they've had this Rice email for awhile too.
By Crantag
Hong Wu wrote:Secondary education in Asian countries tends to get really expensive. In academically competitive countries like Korea and Taiwan parents will spend a majority of their income on it. This is probably not common in Thailand because it's not as good of a place to raise children...

Susan Rice's email about Obama's involvement in the Russian probe is a big deal for her and Comey. They've both said otherwise, as did Obama, about Obama's knowledge of the matter. So we can assume Rice will come back soon enough. Will she talk or will it be an "I can't recall" fest?

But what we're really wondering is what's in the next five or so memos. So much political maneuvering... probably they've had this Rice email for awhile too.

I'm pretty sure you just made all of that up.

I attended graduate school at one of the top national universities in Japan (in these countries, national universities are the standard setters). The regular undergraduate tuition there was significantly less than my in-state tuition at a state college in the US.
By Godstud
Hong Wu wrote: This is probably not common in Thailand because it's not as good of a place to raise children...
Your knowledge of Thailand is between 0 and nothing. You should stop making yourself look stupid by making baseless and ignorant statements. You really make yourself look like an asshole when you do that, and I'm pretty sure that's not your goal... or is it?.

You have nothing to base your words on, except your own poor education, and lack of etiquette.
By Hong Wu
Anyway, Schiff said they won't be changing the Democrat memo after redactions are made. He also said that the redactions are probably part of a Trump cover-up. If there is a cover-up going on in the redactions, shouldn't he at least try to get around them? His statements aren't adding up.

It appears that Schiff is doing exactly what people said he was going to do. Low energy!
By blackjack21
Godstud wrote:I am not concerned about some asshole grammar nazi on this forum commenting on my English, when his is shit, most of the time.

Again, you are using commas when they are not needed. I'm just suggesting that you provide your child with a superior education to what you could provide yourself.

Godstud wrote:Trying to blame all the blacks for US crimes like rape are lies, and racist.

I didn't blame all blacks for US crimes like rape. However, on a population weighted basis, blacks commit more of these violent crimes than whites do. For example, the link you provided indicates that the US population over 12 years old is 82%+ white, while whites only commited 52% of the rapes. That means that non-whites commit more rapes per capita than white people. I'm sure you agree.

Godstud wrote:You're simply making up shit to promote your racist agenda, and excuse the crime that the USA has.

I'm simply saying that the crime rate among whites in the US is comparable to whites in Canada and Europe. That's not racist. That's just a fact.

Godstud wrote:I suppose blacks do all the school shootings, or do you not have an excuse for that, that you can blame on a minority?

White males on doctor-prescribed psychopharmaceuticals commit the most mass shootings in my non-professional opinion. About 54%. However, the white population of the United States is far greater than 54%. Therefore, non-whites commit more mass shootings per capita than whites. We also have to be mindful of how dangerous women are these days.

School Shooters Who Are Not White Males

When it comes to non-white shooters, there is more racial/ethnic diversity than is often realized. There have been at least eight shooters of Asian heritage. Gang Lu was an international student from China at the University of Iowa, where he committed his attack in 1991. Wayne Lo immigrated with his family from China; at 18 he went on a rampage at Simon’s Rock College in Great Barrington, Massachusetts, in 1992. In 1994, Phu Cuong Ta, a Vietnamese Canadian, shot two guidance counselors at his school in Toronto. Biswanath Halder was an immigrant from India who at the age of 62 went on a rampage at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio, in 2003. Kimveer Gill’s parents were from India; Gill shot 20 people at Dawson College in Montreal in 2006. In 2007, Seung Hui Cho, from South Korea, committed the rampage at Virginia Tech. In 2009, Jiverly Wong, a Vietnamese immigrant, attacked the American Civic Association in Binghamton, New York, where he had studied English as a second language. Most recently, in 2012, One Goh, an immigrant from South Korea, shot ten people, killing seven, at Oikos University in Oakland, California.

See, it even happens among Asian immigrants in Canada!

Regarding Latino shooters, Alvaro Castillo’s parents were from Spain and El Salvador. Castillo committed an attack in Hillsborough, North Carolina in 2006. Wellington de Oliveira was a Brazilian who committed his attack in Brazil in 2011. There are two other shooters who might have had Latino heritage, judging by last names. Jason Hoffman shot people at his school in El Cajon, California in 2001. Hoffman’s mother was Denise Marquez, whose name suggests Latino descent though I have not seen this confirmed. Similarly, Robert Flores, who killed three professors at the University of Arizona in 2002, may have been at least partly Latino.

I notice that when Latinos commit crimes, they are portrayed as "white" in the media--like George Zimmerman shooting Trayvon Martin.

Several shooters have had African heritage. In 1984, Tyrone Mitchell, an 28-year-old African American man opened fire on a school yard in Los Angeles, shooting twelve people. Marc Lepine’s father was from Algeria; Lepine conducted his rampage at the Ecole Polytechnique in Montreal in 1989. Peter Odighizuwa, who killed people at the Appalachian School of Law in Virginia in 2002, was Nigerian. Latina Williams, mentioned above as a female shooter, was also African American.

Even blacks do it too--even in Canada.

The belief that school shooters are all white is odd considering there have been at least 14 who were not white. This is even more striking considering that by far the most deadly attack was committed by Seung Hui Cho, with 32 fatalities and 49 victims overall. In addition, Jiverly Wong killed as many people as Harris and Klebold at Columbine, but whereas Columbine became the epitome of school shootings, Wong’s attack is virtually unspoken of. Perhaps because it was not at a typical school? Perhaps because he killed adults, not children or teens?

Perhaps it's because it doesn't fit the media narrative of the evil white male...

Godstud wrote:You likely haven't been out of North America, and are just talking shit, to deflect from your lack of arguments. Typical right wing racist.

I have been to Canada, Mexico, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Brazil, Paraguay, Argentina, England, Wales, Ireland, France, Spain, Andorra, Italy, the Vatican, Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, etc. I've been around. Some of those places are not in North America.

Hong Wu wrote:But what we're really wondering is what's in the next five or so memos. So much political maneuvering... probably they've had this Rice email for awhile too.

Well, it's looking like Brennan may have lied too. We shall see.

Godstud wrote:Your knowledge of Thailand is between 0 and nothing. You should stop making yourself look stupid by making baseless and ignorant statements. You really make yourself look like an asshole when you do that, and I'm pretty sure that's not your goal... or is it?.

According to the Guardian, the OECD ranks Thailand below 34th worldwide. South Korea and Japan are in the top five.

World education rankings: which country does best at reading, maths and science?

He also said that the redactions are probably part of a Trump cover-up.

That sounds like BS. It also gives Trump license to start mass declassifying everything that happened during the Obama administration. That will be fun to watch.
By Godstud
blackjack21 wrote:South Korea and Japan are in the top five.
So what? USA doesn't even make it into the top 10, yet you think you know something?

blackjack21 wrote:I have been to Canada, Mexico, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Brazil, Paraguay, Argentina, England, Wales, Ireland, France, Spain, Andorra, Italy, the Vatican, Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, etc. I've been around.
So nothing about SE Asia. STFU about it, since you know fuck all!

I don't give a rat's ass about your asshole attitude towards my spelling/grammar. I don't care that much when posting on this forum. So... Take a long walk off a short pier. :moron:
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Tainari88 , if someone enters your house withou[…]

Considering you have the intelligence of an oyste[…]

Liberals and centrists even feel comfortable just[…]

UK study finds young adults taking longer to find […]