Joe On Trump's Military Parade: Have The Largest War Veterans Parade Instead - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Rancid wrote:No deal, a waste of money is still a fucking waste of money.

Where the fuck are the so called fiscal conservatives?

They have always been a myth Rancito, conservatives only use the balancing the books line for any spending they disagree with, they are willing to piss money up the wall on sorts of worthless bullshit and always have been (as long as it doesn't help any poor people).
Rancid wrote:No deal, a waste of money is still a fucking waste of money.

What if its a REALLY cold beer in a really big frosted mug? Like I'm talking YUGE? 8)

Rancid wrote:Where the fuck are the so called fiscal conservatives?

I'm a Nationalist.....but I do find it odd that you bitch about your tax rate and yet are a progressive, i mean, you do know why you pay so much right? Its called the graduated income tax and it wasn't a conservative idea.

If you think your taxes are too high, vote in Rand Paul so everyone will only pay a 15% flat rate across the board and you won't have any parades either you sour puss :(
Victoribus Spolia wrote:
What if its a REALLY cold beer in a really big frosted mug? Like I'm talking YUGE? 8)

I'm a Nationalist.....but I do find it odd that you bitch about your tax rate and yet are a progressive, i mean, you do know why you pay so much right? Its called the graduated income tax and it wasn't a conservative idea.

If you think your taxes are too high, vote in Rand Paul so everyone will only pay a 15% flat rate across the board and you won't have any parades either you sour puss :(

Really cold beer is usually shit beer. That's why mainstream beer is always "ice cold" so you can't taste shit. The cooler it is, the less you taste. When I hear "really cold beers" I assume it's garbage.

I've never called myself a progressive. The fair tax has always been an interesting idea to me. Yes, I pay a lot of tax to keep the military industrial complex and our war machine going. It's over 50% of spending. One easy way to save money without "cutting money to the troops" (which is code for, cutting money to the corporate machines) is to not have this stupid ass fucking parade.
Rancid wrote:Really cold beer is usually shit beer. That's why mainstream beer is always "ice cold" so you can't takes shit. The cooler it is, the less you taste.

OKAY, you pick the fucking Beer!

Rancid wrote:I've never called myself a progressive. The fair tax has always been an interesting idea to me. Yes, I pay a lot of tax to keep the military industrial complex and our war machine going. It's over 50% of my tax bill. One easy way to save money without "cutting money to the troops" (which is code for, cutting money to the corporate machines) is to not have this stupid ass fucking parade.

Rand Paul would also reduce the military-complex and eliminate overseas bases.

So why wouldn't you vote libertarian or tea party if you have such a problem with your tax burden? I'm just curious.

I know you haven't called yourself a progressive but you have "put on your communist hat" in a thread before and have stated your increasingly sympathies. Americans with sympathies to such views have historically been called progressives because they adopted a "progressive view" of history vaguely based on Marx's dialectic (even if watered down).
Victoribus Spolia wrote:
OKAY, you pick the fucking Beer!

Rand Paul would also reduce the military-complex and eliminate overseas bases.

So why wouldn't you vote libertarian or tea party if you have such a problem with your tax burden? I'm just curious.

I know you haven't called yourself a progressive but you have "put on your communist hat" in a thread before and have stated your increasingly sympathies. Americans with sympathies to such views have historically been called progressives because they adopted a "progressive view" of history vaguely based on Marx's dialectic (even if watered down).

We're getting off subject, but I was a Ron Paul voter. That said, I'm not a libertarian, mainly because it's clear to me that a truly free capitalism would make things far worse for the day to day lives of most people. Yes, the type of slashing and cutting Ron and Rand Paul are into would result in less American interventionism over seas, but it would also result in more corporations fucking us in the ass as well. That's basically where my sympathies for communism start to come in.

I will send you my paypal information so you can provide payment.
Rancid wrote:I will send you my paypal information so you can provide payment.

Ehem. I said I would buy you a beer at the parade, to calm you nerves, as 10x reimbursement for the tax burden this parade is causing you.

No paypal necessary. We'll just hang in DC. Bring the kids.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:
Ehem. I said I would buy you a beer at the parade, to calm you nerves, as 10x reimbursement for the tax burden this parade is causing you.

No paypal necessary. We'll just hang in DC. Bring the kids.

Not unless you pay my airfare and hotel stay.
Rancid is ultimately correct, though it is true that his personal contribution wouldn't be super high for this big event.

But a parade is symbolic, and this is really rubbing everyone's face into the fact we're being collectively forced to pay to police the rest of the planet because conservatives think big trucks are cool. And to some extent, they are. But so is retirement and not having to worry about medical bills.

The Pentagon this year has lost hundreds of millions of dollars that it can't account for. Can you imagine what would have happened if the Department of Education couldn't find hundreds of millions of dollars?

Even the Department of Justice, which is something conservatives used to like, spent too much on food for conferences, people were up in arms:

CNN wrote:For those catching up: The DOJ's OIG (Office of Inspector General) Tuesday released an audit showing that the department spent nearly $500,000 for food and beverages at just 10 Justice-sponsored conferences in 2008 and 2009.

"One conference," auditors found, "served $16 muffins while another served Beef Wellington hors d'oeuvres that cost $7.32 per serving. Coffee and tea at the events cost between $0.62 and $1.03 an ounce. At the $1.03 per-ounce price, an 8-ounce cup of coffee would have cost $8.24."

We're talking hundreds of dollars here. Not the hundreds of millions of dollars the Pentagon can't account for at any given time.

So the proposed solution is to give these geniuses give is to hand the Pentagon about $700 billion more.

This after a big tax cut.

Now they want a big parade, as if it's not enough that they get a great benefit package; Nor is it enough that everyone is forced to offer praise to anyone that preformed the brave service of filling vending machines on an aircraft carrier.

Now we have to finally kill the faint shadow of the Founders that remains and embrace being a military dictatorship of some kind and have to have a formal bend-the-knee to the police state of our capitalist dictators.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

That is irrelevant. Hardly. All you are […]

The young need to be scared into some kind of mor[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous[…]

Anomie: in societies or individuals, a conditi[…]