Joe On Trump's Military Parade: Have The Largest War Veterans Parade Instead - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Joe On Trump's Military Parade: Have The Largest War Veterans Parade Instead | Morning Joe | MSNBC

After witnessing a French Bastille Day parade last year, President Donald Trump has requested the Pentagon organize a military parade in Washington D.C., according to reports. The Morning Joe panel discusses what Trump should do instead.

I see this as a furthering effort by Trump to subvert the military command structure.

I heard a retired military guy on CNN say that what you would have is a bunch of Americans marching, and feeling pretty embarrassed about the whole thing. I think this reflected the guy's hopeful thinking.

A lot of the rank-and-file military guys are very right wing.
Crantag wrote:I see this as a furthering effort by Trump to subvert the military command structure.

I heard a retired military guy on CNN say that what you would have is a bunch of Americans marching, and feeling pretty embarrassed about the whole thing. I think this reflected the guy's hopeful thinking.

A lot of the rank-and-file military guys are very right wing.

I think most rank-and-file would rather train and be doing their job, rather than prancing around the streets.
The Immortal Goon wrote:As much as liberals might like to think otherwise, I’m sure a lot of military people would willing shit in the faces of the Founders and go on a big gay banana-republic style parade for El Presidence.

Shame on them then. I'd like to withdrawn my tax payment that goes into the salaries for every person that actually gets involved in this shit show.

This is the kind of shit, that makes we want to evade paying taxes.
Troops drill for weeks of the year just to be able to march in unison with their heads held up high and proud. Only a soy addled globalist would oppose a public display of national military tradition. Almost every country does it for a reason. American democrat establishment is well known for spitting on the graves of its own troops, and ridiculing/mistreating its active service members. Trump is keeping yet another promise-to change that.

As for annual cost for such parades; 10,000x cheaper than mass importing illegal criminals from abroad to garner illegal votes during elections.
Igor Antunov wrote:Troops drill for weeks of the year just to be able to march in unison with their heads held up high and proud. Only a soy addled globalist would oppose a public display of national military tradition. Almost every country does it for a reason. American democrat establishment is well known for spitting on the graves of its own troops, and ridiculing/mistreating its active service members. Trump is keeping yet another promise-to change that.

As for annual cost for such parades; 10,000x cheaper than mass importing illegal criminals from abroad to garner illegal votes during elections.

You are what you hate, you soy chugger
Igor Antunov wrote:Troops drill for weeks of the year just to be able to march in unison with their heads held up high and proud. Only a soy addled globalist would oppose a public display of national military tradition. Almost every country does it for a reason. American democrat establishment is well known for spitting on the graves of its own troops, and ridiculing/mistreating its active service members. Trump is keeping yet another promise-to change that.

Oh man, you make the Democrats sound awesome. If only they were anything like that!

People in the military seem to oppose it.

The Founding Fathers, both Federalists and Anti-Federalists, would have been horrified.

But Trump wants it. Presumably because he likes big trucks that go vroom!!!

Igor, I completely agree with you.

I recall in my youth, marching to receive the keys to the city as part of my unit. But this is a long standing tradition that Americans don’t understand. Let’s remember it was only in the 1980’s that the American military implemented reforms to create the regimental system after figuring out why their units fell apart in the Vietnam war.

The French can take pride in their Bastille Day March because they have the tradition and everyone understands what it is about. But this is something which still remains unfamiliar to the Americans. I’m not sure they even know how to pull off a proper parade.

Instead of being critical, maybe we should let them muddle through?
foxdemon wrote:Instead of being critical, maybe we should let them muddle through?

No, how about you pay my taxes to pay for this bullshit then? I am not paying my taxes so that the President can have his stupid parade.

Seriously, I can send yo my tax bill for 2017, and please cut me a check for that amount. I can send you the 2016 bill if you're prefer that.

Would you do that for me?

No.... so shut the fuck up.
I actually like the idea of military parades, I might take the kids if this goes down.

I love this transporting of the Crown in Scotland:

I don't think its that expensive and probably comes down to a few pennies for @Rancid, once its all divided up amongst the tax base. I for one would not oppose him evading the 32 cent increase he might see over this (the IRS won't care either), which will likely cost as much as the U.S. Military's campaign to reduce its carbon footprint in Afghanistan by building a 45 million dollar natural gas gas-station in a country with no natural gas operated vehicles :lol:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/08/politics ... index.html

@The Immortal Goon, is right of course, the founders would have been horrified, the Jeffersonians more than the Hamiltonians, but still.....

I do think this is psychological more than anything and if Trump boosts publicity for it, it will probably make him more popular not less. 'Muricans love guns and parades on the fourth and this will be YUGEST fourth big-gun parade ever. i'm totally going.

Rancid wrote:You can split my bill with that other guy.

How about it? Can you pay my tax bill please? So you can get your little dick waiving parade?

If this parade cost 100 million bucks, you could possibly pay $0.35 for it. Just don't pay it. I won't tell the IRS....I promise. :lol:

I'll buy you a beer at the parade, which cost like 10 times your tax contribution for the parade. Deal?
Victoribus Spolia wrote:If this parade cost 100 million bucks, you could possibly pay $0.35 for it. Just don't pay it. I won't tell the IRS....I promise. :lol:

I'll buy you a beer at the parade, which cost like 10 times your tax contribution for the parade. Deal?

No deal, a waste of money is still a fucking waste of money.

Where the fuck are the so called fiscal conservatives?
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]