Trump nominates ultra hardliner on steroids as national security adviser - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
jimjam wrote:What the neo conservative hawks President GW Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney, President Donald Trump and soon National Security John Bolton have in common? Those brave patriots were all draft dodgers during the Vietnam War. And I am afraid that the Secretary of Defence, General Mattis will have a lot to do to avoid another disastrous war or wars.

Once again, you are forgetting about Democratic Party fellow travellers, Bill and Hillary Clinton. George W. Bush served in the Texas National Guard. Dick Cheney had a student deferrment. Bill Clinton had a medical excuse.

Bill Clinton made "regime change" for Iraq official US policy, while Bush carried it out. B. Clinton also engaged in regime change in Serbia. Under Obama, Hillary Clinton pushed the regime change policy in Libya, Tunisia, Egypt, and Ukraine. She also tried and failed in Syria. So as for starting wars, she has George W. Bush and Dick Cheney beat hands down.

jimjam wrote:There is no way he can be a National Security Advisor if he deals in conspiracy and questionable information and will not handle accurate data.

You have authored an entire anti-Trump thread supposing that he is some sort of Manchurian candidate for Russia. That was a completely bullshit story concocted by Hillary Clinton and her neoconservative/neoliberal backers (they're the same people). I find it puzzling that this is the natural outcome of all your effort to discredit Trump for the last year, and suddenly you are opposed to your own machinations. Bolton doesn't need confirmation in the Senate, so Trump can hire and fire whoever he wants for that position.

jimjam wrote:This means that he may endanger the security of the country by ignoring or twisting intelligence.

That didn't bother you at all when Hillary Clinton hired Christopher Steele indirectly through Coie Perkins and Fusion GPS to manufacture a phony dossier to discredit Donald Trump, nor did it seem to bother you in the slightest that it was used as the basis for FISA warrants against Trump campaign volunteers when the FBI knew it was phony. Ignoring or twisting evidence of Hillary Clinton's criminal wrongdoing by Comey, McCabe, Rosenstein, et. al. doesn't seem to bother you either.

They are now successful in getting a neoconservative back in power at the White House, due in part to all the hard work of people like you. You should be popping champagne corks. You've been successful, assuming you knew that you were carrying the water for these people all along.

Ter wrote:A harder approach may be more successful in showing them the wrong of their ways.

With just $60B in trade sanctions against China--a drop in the bucket, but more could come very easily--Trump has brought both China and North Korea to the table.

Atlantis wrote:Fun fact, the ancestor of our great Drumpf was a Bavarian draft dodger. When he tried to return to his native Bavaria he was deported because of that. So he went back to the US to run a brothel instead. That's when you guys ended up with him. Real sorry about that, but better you than us. :D

He was on the right side of history. It seems that runs in the family.

layman wrote:Trump likes chaos, drama, and ratings. He is doing this for shits and giggles.

I am too. I'm not a big fan of the neocons anymore. So embracing John Bolton for me only means disrupting Mueller, et. al. I find it puzzling, however, that people who have been running on at the mouth for over a year now find themselves bemused that Trump has put John Bolton in the driver's seat of national security. Did they not realize that the whole Trump/Russia bullshit was concocted by these very same people?

Ter wrote:I personally believe that Iran is grandstanding just like North Korea, and they are doing that successfully because the EU and everybody else is afraid of them.

The EU is afraid, because they don't have a military. Trump just took a major deep-state gamble in signing a massive spending bill unpopular with his own supporters, because it is festooned with spending for the military--suggesting a war is about 18 months away, just in time for the 2020 election.

Atlantis wrote:The Brits and Yanks have interfered in Iran since the Brits first struck oil in Iran in 1909. The CIA coup against the democratically elected PM Mosaddegh in 1953, the years of brutal repression by the US puppet Reza Shah, etc., have left deep marks in the ME and even in Europe.

Mossadeq was a communist, who tried to overthrow the government and establish himself as a military dictator with an alliance with the Soviet Union. He failed. His abolition of the secret ballot and sending people who voted for him to one set of voting booths and others who wanted to vote against him to other voting booths was something even the Nazis didn't do when acceding to power. It was a purely Stalinist tactic. Mossadeq got what he deserved.

MistyTiger wrote:Bolton is a blathering fool who needs to be admitted to a nursing home and shot up with meds. I didn't like him during the Bush era and I doubt he has improved since then. He's as bad as Rumsfeld if not worse.

Maybe you should have thought of that before taking the neoconservative bait with respect to the phony Trump/Russia story line.
blackjack21 wrote:Maybe you should have thought of that before taking the neoconservative bait with respect to the phony Trump/Russia story line.

Um what? Why would the neocons serve up such a juicy line about Russian collusion? Are you saying they fed the idea to the public? Then conservatives are more messed up and deranged than I thought. It makes them look terrible that they chose a Russian lover boy over a true blue "one of the good ole boys" conservative.

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]

Lies. Did you have difficulty understanding t[…]

Al Quds day was literally invented by the Ayatolla[…]

Yes Chomsky - the Pepsi-Cola professor of Linguis[…]