Trump's Dumb Economics - Page 91 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
Crantag wrote:Yes, an anecdote to illustrate a point. I didn't try to use it as proof of anything I used it to demonstrate the difference between economic adversity and financial crisis.

I sit on my deck every night and drink one beer and smoke a cigar. The Fort Myers airport routes it's planes in an arc before me. Usually it is a conveyer belt of planes going by every evening. Not one plane has gone by for weeks.

this is an anecdote :lol: ………….. trump has EVERYTHING fully under control and in a couple of weeks we will be back to normal :lol:
By jimjam
Godstud wrote:Only a fucking moron quotes Bible verses when we're discussing economics. :lol:

Gold is high, now.
https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gold-pr ... chart-usd/

trump hates the post office for the usual reasons: Hatred and revenge toward anybody who has the nerve to question him (Jeff Bezos) and endless lust for power (he thinks write in votes may harm him). The post office is in financial difficulty but trump is against offering any aid while, at the same time, dumping billions upon billions to giant corporations. Hindsight has a P.O. pension ….. hence I fight fire with fire and offered, above, a "bible" quote of my own:

"And trump shall cast the post office in the streets and post office retirees pensions shall be removed and be as dust cast before the four winds."
(The book of bankruptcy 1:17 DJT)
jimjam wrote:Another promise kept.

“If you elect me as your president, I will run this county like I ran my business.”
— Donald J. Trump
The Final Presidential Debate, 2016

Sounds good to me. Trump made billions.

jimjam wrote:trump is not only wrecking the economy with his maskless performance act, he's also adding to the nation's death totals.

What Trump is doing has noting to do with increasing deaths or wrecking the economy right now. I blame the Democrat governors and mayors for all that.

jimjam wrote:Does one think at this moment that the large majority of people in America believe that this economy will come roaring back?

Obviously the Democrats hope it will not come roaring back, or else they are fuked in the November election.
Crantag wrote:Yes, an anecdote to illustrate a point. I didn't try to use it as proof of anything I used it to demonstrate the difference between economic adversity and financial crisis.

Ok thanks for clarifying.
The Dow Jones etc will do as it wishes, regardless of the economy, based on consumer spending. Kids who think they aren't vulnerable to covid 19 will consider going to Walmart/malls to shop, IF they have money.. Not though if they've lost their jobs. But older people will limit their shopping, especially in areas where there has been an increase in covid cases. They will just say "is a new *fill in the blank* worth my life?"

I'd like to re-do the kitchen. This will cost a few grand, far more than a teen's $4.00 pair of sneakers. Several types of stores will be needed. A new floor, counters, tiles, appliances etc will be required. I can live with what we have til a vaccine is available.

This is Trump's plan and it's resulting in more covid cases, more medical costs and little growth to the economy
By Godstud
Trump doesn't have a plan, @Stormsmith.

The economy of the USA is not going to grow in the next few months, as coronavirus cases rise.
By jimjam
trump's economics ain't so dumb when it comes to protecting his fat ass. He's calling a meeting of his red beanie brigade down in Tulsa, Ok. next Friday. The usual screaming frenzy of thousands of red beanie wearing trump morons all jammed in shoulder to shoulder and maskless while a deadly and highly contagious rakes the country. OH ….. before they are let in the front door they must sin a waiver that forgoes their right to bring legal action against any members of the trump gang after they contract a deadly disease and die a slow and painful death. Good Lord! Can these red beanie wearing morons do anything that will do a better job of demonstrating their sheer stupidity?? Most likely because America is now great again.

BTW..... It’s important to keep Trump’s instinct for escalation in mind when considering his decision to hold his first post-shutdown rally in Tulsa, Okla., next Friday — which is Juneteenth, the holiday that celebrates the end of American slavery. Tulsa was the site, 99 years ago, of a white rampage in the thriving commercial district known as Black Wall Street; with as many as 300 people killed, it was one of the worst incidents of racist violence in American history. Let's make certain that black America is made aware of this "coincidence".
jimjam wrote:BTW..... It’s important to keep Trump’s instinct for escalation in mind when considering his decision to hold his first post-shutdown rally in Tulsa, Okla., next Friday — which is Juneteenth, the holiday that celebrates the end of American slavery. Tulsa was the site, 99 years ago, of a white rampage in the thriving commercial district known as Black Wall Street; with as many as 300 people killed, it was one of the worst incidents of racist violence in American history. Let's make certain that black America is made aware of this "coincidence".

Let's also make certain that black America knows that it was the Democrats who did that to them, not the Republicans. :D
blackjack21 wrote:Let's also make certain that black America knows that it was the Democrats who did that to them, not the Republicans. :D

Indeed. Oklahoma was a Democrat state from Statehood in 1905 until the 1980's, the GOP was practically nonexistent there. And the older generation of racist whites could still be counted on to provide votes for the Democrats even when the national leadership was singing a different tune by then.
blackjack21 wrote:Let's also make certain that black America knows that it was the Democrats who did that to them, not the Republicans. :D

you have a few standard dodges. this is one of your favorites ……. "missing the point" . being a very smart boy i'm certain you got the point but for pofo'ers not as bright as you, permit me to reiterate the point: trump has chosen to hold one of his Trump Fests on a day that is historically important for the slaughter of hundreds of blacks at the hands of hate crazed whites. Not exactly a display of respect and gr :eek: ief. (ps : Democrats? Republicans? Irrelevant. this was 100 years ago and, as you may have noticed, especially these past few weeks: things change.)

"It’s going to be really a celebration ( :eek: ) and it’s an interesting ( :eek: )date. " Obese Donald

Indeed ;) :
“This isn’t just a wink to white supremacists — he’s throwing them a welcome home party,” Senator Kamala Harris of California said after the original announcement.

“We had previously scheduled our #MAGA Rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, for June 19th — a big deal,” he wrote. “Unfortunately, however, this would fall on the Juneteenth Holiday. Many of my African American friends and supporters have reached out to suggest that we consider changing the date out of respect for this Holiday, and in observance of this important occasion and all that it represents. I have therefore decided to move our rally to Saturday, June 20th, in order to honor their requests.” Obese Donald

This ^ should clinch the fat liar's place as the most full of shit president in history :lol: .
By jimjam
If bribery or slippery calculation is an indicator of brilliance then you have to hand it to trump.

trump has twisted the arm of Powell to do his bidding; he has bribed the market with corporate and personal tax cuts which made a big difference in the stock price bottom line, i.e. earnings; he has sweetened the pot with de-regulations; and this has had the salutary effect of the "wealth effect" and stock buybacks of a trillion dollars, and this all further creates a higher stock market.

Perhaps most of all, trump created a loyal stock market class that has already stated that they prefer trump over Biden as president. This lends further credence to Trump's reelection hopes: if investors think he's the best for the market then he surely must be, so the thinking goes.

Plus, it punched a further hole in the deficit by lowering corporate tax receipts and taxes on the wealthy.

trump's plan has been exposed. Now the question is, is it beyond the grasp of the average american to realize this, or are we only going to be able to reach people who already see through him? All we can do is shine the light on the truth.
By jimjam
Of course it’s a rich person’s recovery. Wealthy people control the government, there is no one at the table that has the interests of the majority of Americans in mind.
Every branch of government had been corrupted by greed and the desire to make a quick buck. The wealthy use taxpayer money as safety net for bad bets or as a tax free loan. The amount of money spent on bailing out businesses and the military dwarfs any spending for social good.
We owe all this to republicans and the uneducated rural voters they’ve conned with their divisive racist rhetoric.
Unless people wake up and start voting for progressives at every level of government the wealthy’s assault on the rest of us will continue.
By Godstud
:roll: Yes, I know that, but it demonstrates that when the economy is hit hard, gold is worth more. I can understand why you wouldn't understand that. Economics are not discussed the the Bible.
By Godstud
:lol:

Bible stupidity. What do they say about the NYSE?

I doubt very much, that you read any of that.

:knife:
By jimjam
I have yet to understand the lemmings-to-the-sea approbation of Donald Trump's "handling of the economy." Where, please, has he engineered a living, dynamic and vibrant economy?

Yes unemployment was low but try to feed a family of 4 or more with a $10-$15 @hr job when you are to to your ass in debt.
President Trump wants to advance trade. As a result, covid 19 cases are escalating in too good a number of states. Now he wants Canada and Europe to open their doors to America. We've worked hard to bring covid19 cases down. Does anyone think we're interested in letting our citizens snuff it because President Trump wants to be re-elected? :lol:
By jimjam
Trump administration officials have been calling for a capital-gains tax holiday. Excellent! That should trickle right into the stock market and help out Donald's billionaire buddies.
jimjam wrote:Trump administration officials have been calling for a capital-gains tax holiday. Excellent! That should trickle right into the stock market and help out Donald's billionaire buddies.

Yes and will help thousands of home builders, who will create new homes for people and create millions of new jobs.

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over main[…]

The rapes by Hamas, real or imagained are irreleva[…]

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia coul[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]