Trump's Dumb Economics - Page 20 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Decky
The left are pro tarrif. It is filthy liberals who are anti tarrif. For some reason a lot of people seem to think liberals and the left are the same thing. What do they think the cold war was about if they belive both sides were identical? :?:
Anyway, I find it interesting that leftist (in the American sense) are supporting free trade, and are anti-tariff. I thought American leftist hated the WTO and NAFTA?

American leftists, just like American rightists, don't seem to know what the fuck they want. The left want protection for the working class from globalisation, but hate tariffs. The right want free trade and free markets, but hate immigration. It's just baffling. :eh:
By jimjam
53 Republicans in Congress would “get an average tax cut of over $200,000 each from a single loophole they added to the tax bill at the last minute.”

So it goes with the "Tax cuts and jobs act of 2017".
jimjam wrote:53 Republicans in Congress would “get an average tax cut of over $200,000 each from a single loophole they added to the tax bill at the last minute.”

Looks like some American rightists do know what the fuck they want - it's green and it folds up. Lol. :lol:
By Rancid
Potemkin wrote:Looks like some American rightists do know what the fuck they want - it's green and it folds up. Lol. :lol:

I wish I could get in on the game like those asshole politicians.
jimjam wrote:53 Republicans in Congress would “get an average tax cut of over $200,000 each from a single loophole they added to the tax bill at the last minute.”

That’s not even a majority of Republicans in Congress. How many Democrats benefit from it? :)
Shocked, just totally shocked Congressmen would benefit themselves.
Rancid wrote:I wish I could get in on the game like those asshole politicians.

Politicians always vote for themselves, at least the majority of them. When they can screw the population and make hundreds of thousands they always do the laws that will benefit them , their business or the business paying them and let's not forget benefit family members
Beren wrote:You could run on Trump's platform, it doesn't require much. Do they have enough Latinos?

I'm currently living in Brazil and people here complain a lot about the Government and politicians. Complain is a nice way to put it, to say they despise their politicians is being light and kind. Anyway, currently there's a few operations going on that is catching all dirty bags, from the top to bottom. As crazy and corrupted as the Government is in Brazil the institutions work really well and by looking at ex presidents, Governors, mayors, billionaires in the construction business being jailed you can see they still have autonomous institutions capable to do their job. Looking at USA, UK or Italy I don't know anymore if Brazil is the most corrupted country or the only country that deals with corruption and at least tries to end it in the highest levels. I mean, Governor and Mayor of Flint in USA is shopping and having dinners after poisoning a entire town and the Governor of Rio is in a Federal prison. I don't know which country is the most corrupted, the ones who claim being transparent with obvious corruption or the one who blows their corruption in the fan and tries to make justice. Question remains unanswered to me
By Beren
Maybe there's no such partisanship and affiliation to their own rulers in Brazil, so they can care about corruption. Whoever is called out on corruption in the US, it becomes a partisan issue or even fake news, and if it ever really happened they would start calling out each other until the system turns out to be corrupt to the core, which is in no one's interests who benefits.
By jimjam
One Degree wrote:That’s not even a majority of Republicans in Congress. How many Democrats benefit from it? :)
Shocked, just totally shocked Congressmen would benefit themselves.

You forgot to bring up "Crooked Hillary" in defense of these scum bag Republicans feeding at the trough. So you are ok with abject corruption as long as it is being performed by a Republican? Shame on you.
jimjam wrote:You forgot to bring up "Crooked Hillary" in defense of these scum bag Republicans feeding at the trough. So you are ok with abject corruption as long as it is being performed by a Republican? Shame on you.

Still waiting for you to tell me how many Democrats benefitted? :)
They have their own health care, own retirement, ridiculous expense accounts, exempt themselves from laws, and you think this is surprising and only one Party is guilty? Give me a friggin’ break. :)
The votes are normally close to 100% when they give themselves benefits. That’s why we call it the swamp.
By jimjam
One Degree wrote:Still waiting for you to tell me how many Democrats benefitted? :)
They have their own health care, own retirement, ridiculous expense accounts, exempt themselves from laws, and you think this is surprising and only one Party is guilty? Give me a friggin’ break. :)
The votes are normally close to 100% when they give themselves benefits. That’s why we call it the swamp.

Keep waiting my friend. It saddens me to see that you consider abject thievery of the Federal treasury to be a partisan sport where swamp creatures of both parties are measured against each other. BTW …. I do not recall stating that only one party is guilty. I may be dumb but I am not quite that dumb.

I have no more time to engage in a tit for tat exercise of cataloguing the details of the obviously massive bi partisan corruption existing in our Federal government that has made a joke of "representative" government in America which is obviously representing the various special interests of the plutocracy.

Trump is so fucking stupid he thinks the total market capitalization of the stock market has some kind of effect on national debt, money, etc.

Keep in mind, this is the same guy who called up General Flynn, one of many guilty pleas in the WITCH HUNT! DO SOMETHING! investigation, at 3 AM because Trump couldn't figure out if a weak or strong dollar was better for exports. Which is something I would assume an ~international businessman~ for whom exchanging currencies would be a normal business matter should presumably know.

Fuck, I genuinely have more knowledge about currency conversion than the sitting president of the US does because I have helped clients liquidate foreign bonds. Lol.

Just lmfao.

"We are playing with the bank's money," says Idiot who was elected to be President of the Bank.
A Federal Reserve report in 2015 said that 75% of Americans could not pay a $400 emergency expense out of their checking or savings accounts.

Donald's pay off to the plutocracy in the form of a $1,500,000,000,000 "tax reform" does not appear to have helped alleviate this situation.
jimjam wrote:A Federal Reserve report in 2015 said that 75% of Americans could not pay a $400 emergency expense out of their checking or savings accounts.

Donald's pay off to the plutocracy in the form of a $1,500,000,000,000 "tax reform" does not appear to have helped alleviate this situation.

Limiting immigration will however, so why are the Dems fighting it?
By jimjam
One Degree wrote:Limiting immigration will however, so why are the Dems fighting it?

Good idea!! Let's build a 2000 mile wall and, presto, the obscene inequity of wealth in America where 1% have more than 99% will be rectified. :eek:

Donald is simply adding fuel to the fire by speeding up the flow of wealth from the poor to he and his fellow plutocrats. Stay tuned folks, study history which does indeed repeat itself, and stand by for blood in the streets.
Your farmers will suffer first, and maybe worst from a shortage of pickers. CA will also suffer from drought. Climate change is one Don One' side because he's mucking about with it. Tariffs wont help, either. My sympathies.
@Stormsmith It's already happening.

The Department of Agriculture (USDA) on Tuesday announced it would offer $12 billion in aid to farmers hindered by retaliatory tariffs imposed on U.S. grain, produce and meat exports as the Trump administration digs in for a protracted trade battle.

The department will use the emergency aid to assist and buy crops from farmers who’ve lost billions of dollars in sales from foreign buyers in the European Union, Canada, Mexico and China.

“America’s hard-working agricultural producers have been treated unfairly by China’s illegal trading practices and have taken a disproportionate hit when it comes illegal retaliatory tariffs,” Perdue said in a statement.

American farmers have been targeted by top U.S. trading partners in response to Trump’s imposition of levies on imported aluminium, steel and Chinese goods. The EU, Canada, Mexico and China have responded with tariffs on key U.S agricultural exports like corn, soybeans, beef, poultry and apples, sinking global demand for American farm goods.

Billions of pounds of American crops and meat have reportedly sat idle in storage facilities while their producers lose money from canceled sales.

The USDA will provide direct payments to producers of soybeans, sorghum, corn, wheat, cotton, dairy and hogs to help them cover their losses and find new markets for their goods. The department will also purchase surpluses of fruits, nuts, rice, legumes, beef, pork and milk “for distribution to food banks and other nutrition programs,” the USDA announced.

Trump and his aides have sought to impose further tariffs on Chinese imports and have eyed levies on foreign automobiles against the advice of lawmakers and a handful of Cabinet officials.

Republicans and Democrats panned the aid package as details of the plan first emerged and called on Trump to abandon the tariffs that necessitated the relief to farmers in the first place.

“They put in place a policy that requires our farmers to go on welfare and, you know, it’s a ridiculous policy that just needs to be reversed,” said Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), who has sought to repeal Trump’s tariffs.

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/39863 ... by-tariffs

Fuck Trump and his moronic policies. I know, for a fact, that this has resulted in many Canadian friends avoiding purchasing American goods because of the tariffs imposed.
I saw this on the morning news. Ironically, the average American was unaware of these issue because, as your article alludes to, US farmers are dumping agricultural products on the home market and therefore at Rock bottom prices. Almost everyone I know is buying squat from America.

I still think we should just turn off the energy. That would put an end to this nonsense. If Mexico joined in, Trump would be royally......how's your dog?

By the way, you recently posted a video on Bruce Heyman, former US ambassador to Canada. Insightful statement from an excellent ambassador and proper gentleman. Thanks for posting it :)
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

If the actual claims are being ignored and we are […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Of course the US has a problem with it's dick siz[…]

The English are identifiable genetically. Of cou[…]