Trump's Dumb Economics - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Libertarian353 wrote:A landowner can do what he wants as he pleases.

Agreed. did not deny.

Libertarian353 wrote:If he decides that anarcho-communism is the way to go he can choose to relinquish his land to the tenets and join them. It's all about NAP and consent.

Agreed. Did not deny.

Libertarian353 wrote:Who are you to decide what's communist/georgist/nationalist/theocrat/leftist/etc?

I didn't, I went off of their own definitions.

Libertarian353 wrote:The idea is freedom of choice and non-coercion.

Agreed,

Libertarian353 wrote:Property is essential but not the end all be all.

It is definitive for an AnCap world though....

Libertarian353 wrote:Not every ancap will own land, it's about making money and freedom of what's best for yourself.

An AnCap may not personally own land, but that is irrelevant to the fact that an AnCap worldview posits private property absolutism as fundamental. The latter is consistent with AnCap, the former is not. The former is Georgism, the latter is not.

Georgism believes that all private property should be abolished in exchange for collective ownership, not that private property can merely be converted to localized collective ownership by consent of its proprietor, which are entirely different matters.
By Godstud
@Victoribus Spolia, my "American people" insult was aimed really just at Blackjack21. I know most Americans are top notch, but "Freedom" isn't American. :p

anatar1914 wrote:That does resonate with many people, to be sure.
Yes, his actions and lies do resonate with the fools in America. Put the military on the southern border? :roll: Why does doing something so ridiculous make so many people happy? Because they're fools that think this is going to change everything. :knife:

Fact: Most illegal immigration to the USA comes across the border crossings, legally.

Visa Overstays Outnumber Illegal Border Crossings, Trend Expected to Continue
Crossing the border is not the way "the large majority of persons now become undocumented," the Center for Migration Studies (CMS) said in a recent report. Two-thirds of those who joined the undocumented population did so by entering with a valid visa and then overstaying their period of admission, the center reported.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/vis ... ue-n730216

No army on your southern border is going to prevent that.

Now, back on topic to Trump's DUMB Economics.

Trump's "tariffs" have already largely been ceased because they were foolishly conceived. The tariffs against Canada and Mexico were discarded before they even started, partly because they'd have fine levied against them due to existing trade deals.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:Georgism believes that all private property should be abolished in exchange for collective ownership, not that private property can merely be converted to localized collective ownership by consent of its proprietor, which are entirely different matters.

The ideology in it's intention is irrelevant to me. I said I agree some of Geogist principles, I never said the society anarchist or not should be Geogist. What I do with my land is irrelevant to what another person does with his.
Godstud wrote:@Victoribus Spolia, my "American people" insult was aimed really just at Blackjack21. I know most Americans are top notch, but "Freedom" isn't American. :p

Yes, his actions and lies do resonate with the fools in America. Put the military on the southern border? :roll: Why does doing something so ridiculous make so many people happy? Because they're fools that think this is going to change everything. :knife:

Fact: Most illegal immigration to the USA comes across the border crossings, legally.

Visa Overstays Outnumber Illegal Border Crossings, Trend Expected to Continue
Crossing the border is not the way "the large majority of persons now become undocumented," the Center for Migration Studies (CMS) said in a recent report. Two-thirds of those who joined the undocumented population did so by entering with a valid visa and then overstaying their period of admission, the center reported.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/vis ... ue-n730216

No army on your southern border is going to prevent that.

Now, back on topic to Trump's DUMB Economics.

Trump's "tariffs" have already largely been ceased because they were foolishly conceived. The tariffs against Canada and Mexico were discarded before they even started, partly because they'd have fine levied against them due to existing trade deals.

You are using Trump’s argument for putting the troops there as reason not to put the troops there.
It appears to be an intimidation tactic to prevent asylum seekers from putting that one foot in the US and for Mexico to not make it easier for them. Probably more of a threat directed at Mexico. I assume you have seen the border crossing. They must pass the Mexico side before getting to the US side where the stupid legal problem comes into play. Solution, try to force Mexico’s cooperation.
By Godstud
Why would you want to threaten Mexico over a problem that the USA has created? That's counter-productive to a nation that's an ally and trading partner with the USA. Short-sighted, ineffective, and costly, is what soldiers on the border are.

Lax law enforcement of illegal worker has caused this problem. If the USA enforced laws and fined companies big-time, for having undocumented workers, you wouldn't have an illegal immigration problem.

One Degree wrote:Solution, try to force Mexico’s cooperation.
Your delusion is thinking that Mexico isn't cooperating. Mexico just isn't going to pay for Trump's stupid wall, and why should they? It's a costly and largely ineffective construction plan.
Godstud wrote:Why would you want to threaten Mexico over a problem that the USA has created? That's counter-productive to a nation that's an ally and trading partner with the USA. Short-sighted, ineffective, and costly, is what soldiers on the border are.

Lax law enforcement of illegal worker has caused this problem. If the USA enforced laws and fined companies big-time, for having undocumented workers, you wouldn't have an illegal immigration problem.

Your delusion is thinking that Mexico isn't cooperating. Mexico just isn't going to pay for Trump's stupid wall, and why should they? It's a costly and largely ineffective construction plan.

There is nothing forcing Mexico, as far as I know, to allow them to continue to the US side, especially if they are not Mexicans. So, no they are not cooperating. It is also meant as intimidation for Congress to act to change an asylum law that makes no sense. Many people will be outraged by the need to put troops on the border which is exactly what Trump wants. He is probably terribly disappointed there has not been more outrage. The outrage will force Congress to act.
And this is not even completely off topic. Immigration and tariff threats are all tied together. As usual, Trump’s words are not necessarily meant to create the result they appear to be aimed at.
By Godstud
USA merely has to enforce laws that levy huge fines against anyone hiring undocumented workers, and the illegal problem will disappear. They won't do it though, because it'd be economic suicide. USA thrives on those same illegals.

One Degree wrote:As usual, Trump’s words are not necessarily meant to create the result they appear to be aimed at.
So, in short, you can attest anything good to him even if he says something totally unrelated, because you're a Trump fan-boy. Got it. :lol:
Godstud wrote:USA merely has to enforce laws that levy huge fines against anyone hiring undocumented workers, and the illegal problem will disappear. They won't do it though, because it'd be economic suicide. USA thrives on those same illegals.

So, in short, you can attest anything good to him even if he says something totally unrelated, because you're a Trump fan-boy. Got it. :lol:

Not really a Trump fan boy at all. Populist fan boy would be more accurate. I believe it is possible Trump was selected in a deal to guarantee Hillary the presidency. It was a mistake that allowed populism a rare opening.
Trump found himself at the head of a movement. So, I support the opportunity of populism through Trump. That requires I support Trump.
The irony is those who are against ‘the good ole white guys’ America are actively fighting their best chance to destroy it. I still am amazed so few see this. BOTH parties hate him. How much clearer message do you need?
By Godstud
Supporting populism is not necessarily supporting Trump. You can't see that, though, can you? You are indeed a great big Trump fan-boy.
Godstud wrote:Supporting populism is not necessarily supporting Trump. You can't see that, though, can you? You are indeed a great big Trump fan-boy.

Please tell me what other President I should support that both party establishments hate?
You act as if we have a choice. You are the blinded one by propaganda.
By Godstud
One Degree wrote:Please tell me what other President I should support that both party establishments hate?
You poor old fool, Trump IS the establishment.

One Degree wrote:You act as if we have a choice.
:eh: You always have a choice. Continuing to support the wrong one is unwise.

One Degree wrote: You are the blinded one by propaganda.
After stating that you are ruled by it, I am blinded by it? :lol:
Godstud wrote:You poor old fool, Trump IS the establishment.

:eh: You always have a choice. Continuing to support the wrong one is unwise.

After stating that you are ruled by it, I am blinded by it? :lol:

I never said Trump was not part of the establishment. I actually said I even believe it was possible he was put in place by the establishment. You give too much importance to Trump instead of the ‘opportunity’ inadvertently created by him.

Edit: @Godstud You just need to remember Trump’s election is not significant because of Trump. It is significant because there was not suppose to be any hope of him winning.
The Chinese government has been and will continue to use its economic muscle to strengthen its own industries and domestic companies at the expense of companies outside of China. They have laid out a plan whereby government investment in certain industries will result in China's eventual leadership in these industries. They are not acting fairly, but this all gets lost by Trump's bellicose behavior. There has to be a better way of negotiating better trade deals between the two largest economies, but Trump can't seem to get out of his own way. He's using an antagonistic approach that may have worked in the real estate industry but does not work between governments.

Trump fired the first shot in this war towards his allies. He started by leaving the Paris agreement, then he tried to force Europe to pay more for NATO and has been throwing insults and lies in Europes general direction.

I think the chance of anyone helping him are slim at best.

I do believe, though, that EU will take this senseless situation as an opportunity to tie closer relationship with China, to adjust their deals. The world has started to give up hope that Trump will be fired anytime soon. They also know that when it eventually happens, there will be Pence...

And this:
“We will not start a war — however, if someone starts a war, we will definitely fight back,” Gao Feng, the commerce ministry spokesman, said at a news conference in Beijing on Friday. “No options will be ruled out.”

And this:
Mr. Trump himself is no fan of solar panels. "Trump digs coal :lol: " He has spoken enthusiastically about coal, not renewable energy, throughout his campaign and his presidency. But the solar power industry is one of the biggest success stories so far in China’s efforts involving advanced industries.

The United States played a central role in developing solar panels and manufacturing them until a decade ago. Around then, the Chinese government decided to finance a lavish expansion of the sector. State-controlled banks lent tens of billions of dollars at low interest rates despite the high-profile bankruptcies of solar manufacturers.

Chinese firms now produce three-quarters of the world’s solar panels. Most American and European companies have closed factories, and many have become insolvent. China’s success in producing solar panels has given Beijing a blueprint for seizing the lead in a long list of other high-tech industries.
By Zamuel
jimjam wrote:Chinese firms now produce three-quarters of the world’s solar panels. Most American and European companies have closed factories, and many have become insolvent. China’s success in producing solar panels has given Beijing a blueprint for seizing the lead in a long list of other high-tech industries.

I'm wouldn't really call solar panels "High Tech."

I worked for UEC in the early days (UC Davis and Borrego projects) and I do recall Chinese interest was very high. At that time UEC was investing in Indian production. India has all the necessary resources readily available. China's below cost marketing may have short circuited other production but it should pick back up and fill the void easily. The loss of their American market though may prove painful to the Chinese. Other markets are already saturated.

Zam
Zamuel wrote:I'm wouldn't really call solar panels "High Tech."

I worked for UEC in the early days (UC Davis and Borrego projects) and I do recall Chinese interest was very high. At that time UEC was investing in Indian production. India has all the necessary resources readily available. China's below cost marketing may have short circuited other production but it should pick back up and fill the void easily. The loss of their American market though may prove painful to the Chinese. Other markets are already saturated.

Zam

China is between a rock and a hard place. No longer really a Communist country except in name, the contradictions of Capitalism are serious afflicting their society. Labor costs are going up while profits are going down, and production is going to even cheaper places than China is now. China is becoming Imperialist as well, with crypto-colonies arising in places like Africa. The end of all this is War and/or Economic depression for China, with disasterous results for them and for the world alike.
By jimjam
While the stock market is hardly the U.S. economy it is generally the pulse of the U.S. economy. The stock market crash preceded the Great Depression by not a great time span.

Currently the Dow Jones has fallen 2684 points or 10% since it's high. Hardly a crash but ............ time will tell.

Anybody want to buy my Amazon stock .... cheap :lol: .
jimjam wrote:The Chinese government has been and will continue to use its economic muscle to strengthen its own industries and domestic companies at the expense of companies outside of China. They have laid out a plan whereby government investment in certain industries will result in China's eventual leadership in these industries. They are not acting fairly, but this all gets lost by Trump's bellicose behavior.

How is this all akin to 'not acting fairly'? News flash, China has a different economic system than the United States. This entails a direct government role in the economy. The definition of sovereignty is that nations get to manage how they run their own affairs, including their own economy. Fairness as not predefined by conformity to American norms. This is like the ridiculous outrage over China scrapping 2-term limits for president. It is as if it is regarded as illegitimate because it differs from the American way. What sets China apart is that it was able to manage to avoid being divided up by colonial powers, and this was due to the muscle and national unity which it maintained, despite having been in a weakened condition, owing to various factors.

jimjam wrote:The United States played a central role in developing solar panels and manufacturing them until a decade ago. Around then, the Chinese government decided to finance a lavish expansion of the sector. State-controlled banks lent tens of billions of dollars at low interest rates despite the high-profile bankruptcies of solar manufacturers.

Chinese firms now produce three-quarters of the world’s solar panels. Most American and European companies have closed factories, and many have become insolvent. China’s success in producing solar panels has given Beijing a blueprint for seizing the lead in a long list of other high-tech industries.

So solar power is an industry in which China has 'acted unfairly', as you put it?

Well, praise the pine trees for that, because dirty energy is one of the key things suffocating the planet. It is also well documented how China has struggled with the public health effects of air pollution, some of which is from coal power generation.

I took a bus trip from Beijing to Inner Mongolia a few years back. As we drove down the highway leaving Beijing, we got to see miles and miles of workers along the side of the road planting trees.

Once we got to Inner Mongolia, we got to drive through the world's biggest wind power generation area, which is also dotted with solar power generation stations.

The Chinese system is uniquely well suited to this sort of activity. It is China which is forging a system to be emulated. China is not in the wrong for its 'insufficient emulation' of the United States. This is a phony line of thought from top to bottom.
Crantag wrote:So solar power is an industry in which China has 'acted unfairly', as you put it?

I did not apply the "acted unfairly" moniker to China's solar industry.
By Crantag
jimjam wrote:I did not apply the "acted unfairly" moniker to China's solar industry.

Yes I gathered that. And in so doing you revealed a contradiction in your own outlook, which was seemingly based on a vulgar value judgement, e.g. the exception you allowed for solar. From thence I attained my fodder.

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isr[…]

Some examples: https://twitter.com/OnlinePalEng/s[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I do not have your life Godstud. I am never going[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O