Trump's Dumb Economics - Page 57 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15010361
Ter wrote:Yes, crying in a Mercedes is more comfortable than on a bicycle.


As a matter of fact, it is...

Image
User avatar
By Beren
#15010383
BigSteve wrote:As a matter of fact, it is...

Image

Aren't you Trumpites supposed to hate German cars? :?:

Or is it just a fact worth posting they're more comfortable than bicycles? :lol:
User avatar
By Ter
#15010385
Beren wrote:Aren't you Trumpites supposed to hate German cars? :?:

Or is it just a fact worth posting they're more comfortable than bicycles? :lol:


They are extremely comfortable.
I recently had dinner at a friendly rich man's residence and afterwards he sent me home with his Mercedes. With a driver and a body guard. It was such a smooth ride, no sounds, no rattling, no vertical movement when going over speed breakers. Next day I almost cried getting in my Toyota :D
#15010389
Beren wrote:Aren't you Trumpites supposed to hate German cars?


What kind of stupid question is that?

Or is it just a fact worth posting they're more comfortable than bicycles?


A comment was made regarding how comfortable a Mercedes Benz is. I was simply acknowledging that statement as being quite true...
#15010390
jimjam wrote:You don't understand dick. The only things you and your new BFF Big Steverino understand is the world viewed through your own hubris. I like you though because you have a good brain. I hate pompous stuck up greed driven money worshiping rich people.

Does that include Bill and Hillary Clinton? Joe Biden? Elizabeth Warren? Hell even Bernie Sanders managed to get a little greedy.

jimjam wrote:Most "rich people" are living quiet lives and feel no need to, like your boy Obese Donald, be constantly blabbing about how wonderful they are and telling lies about how much money they have.

Maybe at your age. You ought to come out to California and explore Silicon Valley and San Francisco. Here you will find many young millionaires who think quite a lot of themselves.

jimjam wrote:I hate vapid assholes who think they are superior simply because they have a pile of money.

Trump is only one of many, but he has been a thorn in the side of people outsourcing to China and Mexico. Larry Page, Sergei Brin, Mark Zuckerberg, etc. are so arrogant that they are helping communist China implement a social credit system so that China can oppress democratic dissidents, Christians, civil and workers rights advocates, etc. Larry and Sergei abandoned their "Don't be evil" mantra only to pursue such nefarious policies, and are now trying to sway political thought in America through censorship of political views with which they disagree. Leadership of Netflix and Disney want to boycott US states like Georgia who are democratically opposed to abortion--violating their fiduciary obligation to maximize shareholder value, while filming in countries like Columbia, UAE, etc. where abortion is considered a criminal offense. That is to say, they are trying to enforce their political will in America through non-democratic means and against the obligation imposed by law to maximize shareholder value.

Godstud wrote:Trump's not a genius. You aren't lying. You are just flat-out wrong. :lol:

You generally have to be pretty crafty to get yourself into the White House. I'm pretty sure Trump would characterize you the same way he characterizes the mayor of London--a "stone cold loser."

snapdragon wrote:This might be slightly off topic, but only slightly....what I want to know is, how do American tax payers feel about paying for Trump's four adult children to have a free holiday in London?

edit: Free for them, I meant. It didn't cost them or their Dad one cent.

I've already stated that I think US presidents out to make lower key state visits, only to be met by laughter. The more people a president has with him that require security, the more expensive the trip. The more it is in an urban area, the more expensive it is too.

Beren wrote:Aren't you Trumpites supposed to hate German cars? :?:

Why? I have a BMW 330i I've decided to hang on to. Since I work at home, I only have 90k miles on it and it's 12 years old. I've only had to replace the water pump so far. Eventually, I'll need to replace the rotors. Otherwise, it runs fine. Sometimes my absurd thinking has me pondering a new car, but the only thing I really need is upgraded bluetooth. So I've been exploring new head units.

There is no hatred as such for foreign made products, but rather a system that awards countries with free access to the US markets in exchange for opposition to the Soviet Union, which no longer exists. On the contrary, the US establishment decided that embracing a totalitarian communist government in China was a good idea, only to see the Chinese making military islands in the South China Sea. The same establishment claims it can keep us safe while allowing millions of "undocumented" illegal aliens to cross our borders with impunity.

We actually share jimjam's sentiment, but it's not enmity directed at Donald Trump who many of us just consider to be a bit of a blowhard, but his policy calls are more or less right. The establishment is used to just spouting some bullshit and placating the masses. It's not working for them anymore. Their failed coup has them pretty spooked as well.
User avatar
By Beren
#15010393
BigSteve wrote:What kind of stupid question is that?

A kind of question that can be legitimately asked.

autoblog.com wrote:BERLIN/FRANKFURT — A report that U.S. President Donald Trump has threatened to pursue German carmakers until there are no Mercedes-Benz rolling down New York's Fifth Avenue dented shares in the luxury car manufacturers on Thursday.

An excerpt from German magazine Wirtschaftswoche's article, which cited several unnamed European and U.S. diplomats but did not include any direct quotes, could not be independently verified, while a U.S. Embassy spokesman in Berlin referred questions to Washington.

The news and current affairs magazine said Trump had told French President Emmanuel Macron in April that he aimed to push German carmakers out of the United States altogether. Macron's administration in Paris declined to comment on the report.

The Trump administration last week opened a so-called Section 232 trade investigation into vehicle imports, which could result in a 25 percent tariff on cars on the same "national security" grounds Washington used to impose metals duties in March.

This could destroy exports by German carmakers, which control 90 percent of the U.S. premium market and are the biggest European Union exporters of cars to the United States.

Also: Angela Merkel Rejected President Trump's Claims That German Cars Are a Security Threat

Now let's see some smart posts about Trump's smart policies and stable genius. :excited:
#15010397
Beren wrote:A kind of question that can be legitimately asked.


No, it's a stupid question.

See, this is the problem with you non-thinkers: You believe that everyone who supports Trump supports everything he does and says. That's stupid, and it's ignorant of you to believe that. When he does or says something I disagree with, I have no problem saying so.

Suggesting that I should "hate" German cars because Trump allegedly wants to impose tariffs on them is ignorant and stupid, and you probably shouldn't do it.

Oh, and it was difficult not to see this part: "An excerpt from German magazine Wirtschaftswoche's article, which cited several unnamed European and U.S. diplomats but did not include any direct quotes, could not be independently verified..."

Sure, what's not to believe?

:lol:
User avatar
By Beren
#15010399
BigSteve wrote:Suggesting that I should "hate" German cars because Trump allegedly wants to impose tariffs on them is ignorant and stupid, and you probably shouldn't do it.

You should hate German cars because they may be a national security threat. :lol:

autoblog.com wrote:The Trump administration last week opened a so-called Section 232 trade investigation into vehicle imports, which could result in a 25 percent tariff on cars on the same "national security" grounds Washington used to impose metals duties in March.

It was too difficult to see that part, huh? ;)
#15010409
Beren wrote:You should hate German cars because they may be a national security threat. :lol:


It was too difficult to see that part, huh? ;)


Meh, he's trying to justify potential tariffs.

I don't hate German cars. My garage bears that out. If Trump decides that Americans need to hate them, I guess I'll just have to have the audacity to disagree with him...
#15010415
Beren wrote:And you don't mind the merits of his justification?


I haven't researched the topic so, at the moment, no...
#15010417
blackjack21 wrote:You generally have to be pretty crafty to get yourself into the White House. I'm pretty sure Trump would characterize you the same way he characterizes the mayor of London--a "stone cold loser."


I'm always humored by those who call Trump an idiot when he was able to defeat the person Barack Obama called "the most qualified person" to ever seek the office of President.

She couldn't have been all too fuckin' bright...
#15010421
Beren wrote:I'm being shocked. :lol:


Unlike the idiots who hate him, I don't spend my life stalking the news feeds to see what he'll do next. And, as much as I enjoy my cars, if Germany stopped selling automobiles here I'm sure I would get over it. Besides, the next idiot lib who ends up in the White House will likely just reverse everything in a mass world appeasement, so it's not that big a deal...
User avatar
By Beren
#15010422
BigSteve wrote:I don't spend my life stalking the news feeds to see what he'll do next.

It would be hard to do anyway because unpredictability is part of the art of the deal. 8)
#15010424
Beren wrote:It would be hard to do anyway because unpredictability is part of the art of the deal. 8)


It certainly is, and Trump's pretty good at it...
#15010425
BigSteve wrote:It certainly is, and Trump's pretty good at it...

Although it's hard to tell if it's genuine unpredictability or just being confused. Maybe that's why he respects Kim Jong-un so much, because he seems genuinely unpredictable rather than just confused.
#15010426
BigSteve wrote:I'm always humored by those who call Trump an idiot when he was able to defeat the person Barack Obama called "the most qualified person" to ever seek the office of President.

She couldn't have been all too fuckin' bright...

His victory is absolutely remarkable. He had no prior experience in elected office. He had no traditional organization. He had 1/10th the funding of Clinton or the presumptive Republican nominee, Jeb Bush. He absolutely wiped the floor with them. 2016 was a riot. I remember Jeb Bush dropping out after coming in fifth in South Carolina and Lindsay Graham only getting like 2% in his home state. Although, I think one of the funniest moments was when he started handing out Trump steaks after the Florida primary. I was at my cop friends house and we just stared at each other speechless. The dude is a comic genius. Even the queen was thoroughly humored by him calling Sadiq Khan a "stone cold loser." She can't say that, but she seemed positively delighted to see Trump.

BigSteve wrote:And, as much as I enjoy my cars, if Germany stopped selling automobiles here I'm sure I would get over it. Besides, the next idiot lib who ends up in the White House will likely just reverse everything in a mass world appeasement, so it's not that big a deal...

I think the TPP was their goal...to basically do more outsourcing to South Asia and not tell the electorate. Even Ted Cruz fell on the wrong side of that one. Trump nixed that one early on (in the promises kept department that jimjam seems to overlook).
#15010435
A former president, Theodore Roosevelt, broke away from the Republicans to become the standard-bearer of a new Progressive Party that made tariff reform a key part of its platform.

“The existing concentration of vast wealth under a corporate system, unguarded and uncontrolled by the Nation, has placed in the hands of a few men enormous, secret, irresponsible power over the daily life of the citizen,” the Progressives declared. “We demand tariff revision because the present tariff is unjust to the people of the United States.”
#15010437
jimjam wrote:A former president, Theodore Roosevelt, broke away from the Republicans to become the standard-bearer of a new Progressive Party that made tariff reform a key part of its platform.

“The existing concentration of vast wealth under a corporate system, unguarded and uncontrolled by the Nation, has placed in the hands of a few men enormous, secret, irresponsible power over the daily life of the citizen,” the Progressives declared. “We demand tariff revision because the present tariff is unjust to the people of the United States.”

Today, the lack of tariffs means that corporations can ignore US labor laws and US environmental laws by simply sending production overseas to places like China, screw their laborers and pollute their air and water, and sell goods to Americans without any tax to the US for access to our markets. Today, Google, Facebook and other big firms censor and suppress any view hostile to the globalists. Firms like Amazon skirt US labor laws with sole prop delivery services and restrict bathroom breaks for warehouse workers. But they don't talk about illegal aliens and Chinese goods flooding American markets. So it's okay. :roll: Under Trump, labor arbitrageurs are having to pay more in taxes in the form of tariffs.
  • 1
  • 55
  • 56
  • 57
  • 58
  • 59
  • 77
Election 2020

If it is 3% among all woman voters that is a huge[…]

@skinster The extradition movements does in fact[…]

Faux concern for women and girls meet faux concern[…]

Psychopaths and sociopaths can be dangerous. N[…]