Trump's Dumb Economics - Page 84 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15068730
Godstud wrote: I know more about American politics than some old man in Georgia who can't even tell reality from fiction. That says more about your ignorance of your own politics, than anything else.

If your only argument is, "You don't live here, so you don't know!", well then, it appears as you can't fight your way out of a wet paper bag, when it comes to arguments and political discourse.
If there are a significant number of people thinking like him then his thoughts are at least indicative or important, if otherwise valueless.
#15068731
Godstud wrote::lol: I know more about American politics than some old man in Georgia

No you don't. You know more about Thailand politics. :lol:
User avatar
By Godstud
#15068737
Hindsite wrote:No you don't. You know more about Thailand politics.
Actually, I don't know too much about Thai politics, because I am not inundated with news about Thailand, in English, on a daily basis. It also really doesn't generally affect me, although I do keep track of policies that do.

Unless you live in Washington, DC, I can assume you haven't a fucking clue about American politics(as we are not discussing Buttfuck, Georgia) so I am dismissing your ignorant comments, out of hand.

If that isn't a good enough argument, I'll use your go-to argument and just screech like an American gelded eunuch, "FAKE NEWS!!". :lol:

Patrickov wrote:If there are a significant number of people thinking like him then his thoughts are at least indicative or important, if otherwise valueless.
No, it is not important, or even valid. This isn't an argument, and I am no less informed than any other person with access to news, and the internet. Unless we're discussing his specific geographic location, which we are not, then it's irrelevant. I am not discussing the trailer-park that he lives in. I am discussing something we can all stay informed about, regardless of where we happen to live.

This is just as stupid as when someone mentions Israel and someone yells, "AntiSemite!!". Or can we not discuss that, since we don't live there? :?:
#15068740
Godstud wrote::lol: I know more about American politics than some old man in Georgia who can't even tell reality from fiction. That says more about your ignorance of your own politics, than anything else.

If your only argument is, "You don't live here, so you don't know!", well then, it appears as you can't fight your way out of a wet paper bag, when it comes to arguments and political discourse.


**like**
#15068741
Godstud wrote:Actually, I don't know too much about Thai politics, because I am not inundated with news about Thailand, in English, on a daily basis. It also really doesn't generally affect me, although I do keep track of policies that do.

Unless you live in Washington, DC, I can assume you haven't a fucking clue about American politics(as we are not discussing Buttfuck, Georgia) so I am dismissing your ignorant comments, out of hand.

I am sure you know more about Buttfuck than I do. I have never been into that. :lol:
Thank God.
HalleluYah
User avatar
By Godstud
#15068743
No. Sorry. I've never been to Georgia.
#15068745
Godstud wrote:No. Sorry. I've never been to Georgia.

I bet you have never been to Washington, D.C. or the White House either. So you should stop your crazy talk before you make more of a fool of yourself. :lol:
User avatar
By Godstud
#15068746
I don't need to have visited somewhere to know about it. I doubt many Pofers, even Americans, have been to the Whitehouse or Washington, DC. You have no argument. You only fling poo and make up pathetically weak statements in place or actual arguments. Are you going to tell the American who lives in Alaska that he can't speak on politics, because he's not been to Washington, DC, or visited the Whitehouse? :lol:

My Welsh friend visited Washington DC, once. I take it he's qualified to speak on American topics... :roll:

You've already made a fool of yourself, with your statements. I'd be hard-pressed to achieve your level of foolishness, in my arguments.

My location isn't relevant to the topic. You saying it is, is utter stupidity, as we're not discussing local politics, geography, or what local restaurants are good.
#15068748
Godstud wrote:I don't need to have visited somewhere to know about it. I doubt many Pofers, even Americans, have been to the Whitehouse or Washington, DC. You have no argument. You only fling poo and make up pathetically weak statements in place or actual arguments. Are you going to tell the American who lives in Alaska that he can't speak on politics, because he's not been to Washington, DC, or visited the Whitehouse? :lol:

Well, I have. It used to be part of my job to go to the Situation Room of the White House when I worked at the Pentagon while I was in the military. I also delivered classified information to the Senate and picked up and delivered to the State Department. So I think I am much more aware of what is going on than you can imagine. :lol:
User avatar
By Godstud
#15068751
It's fun to tell stories.

How long ago was this? How is that relevant to anything we are discussing, now?
#15068952
Godstud wrote:It's fun to tell stories.

How long ago was this? How is that relevant to anything we are discussing, now?

It was relevant because you brought the subject up, as if I had never been to Washington, D.C. and didn't know anymore about it than you, a Canadian, living in Thailand.

President Nixon was at the White House during my first assignment with the JCS at the Pentagon. After three years I was given a special assignment to NATO at SHAPE, Belgium. Then I returned to the Pentagon with an assignment with DIA after Gerald Ford became President. Strange thing is I left there when the peanut farmer from Georgia, Jimmy Carter, was President. I never saw any of the Presidents when I went to the White House, other than their pictures hanging on the wall. However, I did see Lilian Carter, the President's mother once. One of the guards at the gate pointed her out to me as I was checking in my pistol. She was walking over to the Executive Office Building.
User avatar
By Godstud
#15068977
Hindsite wrote:It was relevant because you brought the subject up, as if I had never been to Washington, D.C. and didn't know anymore about it than you, a Canadian, living in Thailand.
As I already said, where you are is irrelevant since we have access to exactly the same information. Your trolling is weak and feeble, like an old woman.

Hindsite wrote:President Nixon was at the White House during my first assignment with the JCS at the Pentagon. After three years I was given a special assignment to NATO at SHAPE, Belgium. Then I returned to the Pentagon with an assignment with DIA after Gerald Ford became President. Strange thing is I left there when the peanut farmer from Georgia, Jimmy Carter, was President. I never saw any of the Presidents when I went to the White House, other than their pictures hanging on the wall. However, I did see Lilian Carter, the President's mother once. One of the guards at the gate pointed her out to me as I was checking in my pistol. She was walking over to the Executive Office Building.
Nice story(not being sarcastic). That's still not relevant to what we are discussing, and does not mean you are privy to any information that I am not, currently, so you can stop bringing up where I live, as it's completely irrelevant. :D
#15069150
Godstud wrote:As I already said, where you are is irrelevant since we have access to exactly the same information. Your trolling is weak and feeble, like an old woman.

Apparently, we don't get the same information. It is also clear that you don't like being challenged with the truth. But that is the characteristic of an atheist.

Godstud wrote:Nice story(not being sarcastic). That's still not relevant to what we are discussing, and does not mean you are privy to any information that I am not, currently, so you can stop bringing up where I live, as it's completely irrelevant. :D

I think where we live is of some relevance. Where I live in Augusta, Geogia, USA is a lot closer to Washington, D.C., USA than some small obscure village in Thailand. Perhaps you could provide better information on what is happening in China with this corona virus version 19. :lol:
User avatar
By Godstud
#15069171
Hindsite wrote:Apparently, we don't get the same information. It is also clear that you don't like being challenged with the truth. But that is the characteristic of an atheist.
Truth and facts are not always the same, since truth is subjective. Your beliefs are your "truth", but facts remain facts, regardless of belief. We have exactly the same information, but you choose to believe only what you want to believe, and disregard the rest. You have cognitive dissonance.

Hindsite wrote:Where I live in Augusta, Geogia, USA is a lot closer to Washington, D.C., USA than some small obscure village in Thailand.
Irrelevant, since someone living in Toronto, Canada, is closer to Washington, DC, than even you are, and I wouldn't say they'd be any more well informed, than you, or I. Your argument is absurd and lacks common sense.

I live in a town, that is not, in any way obscure. My internet is likely better than yours, at 200+ MB/sec download and upload. I get every station that is broadcast, in the world, including the local channels that you watch, like Fox: Atlanta(XFL is playing as I write this... Dal 21 Sea 12, in the 4th quarter)

Hindsite wrote:Perhaps you could provide better information on what is happening in China with this corona virus version 19. No more than you can.
:roll: You have access to the same information I have. Location is irrelevant.

We are not talking about what is the best bar or restaurant in Augusta, Georgia, or in Udon Thani for that matter. We'd both be foolish not to listen to a local in the area, for specific information, like that. We are not discussing that, however, and as such, comments about the location we live in, are.... just plain dumb. So, move on and provide an actual argument, please.
#15069193
Godstud wrote:Truth and facts are not always the same, since truth is subjective. Your beliefs are your "truth", but facts remain facts, regardless of belief. We have exactly the same information, but you choose to believe only what you want to believe, and disregard the rest. You have cognitive dissonance.

I think you are the one with cognitive dissonance, since the truth and facts are on my side.
HalleluYah
User avatar
By Godstud
#15069221
They're not, however. You're trolling like mad, and failing on all counts.

Fact: Where you live is not relevant if you have access to the same information.

Belief: Where you lives matter, regardless of facts.
Last edited by Godstud on 23 Feb 2020 11:20, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By fokker
#15069284
Godstud wrote:Truth and facts are not always the same, since truth is subjective.


I beg to differ. Facts are undeniable evidence. Truth is closely linked to facts and reality. If your claims are in conflict with facts, then they are falsehoods. You can't derive truth from subjective opinion or belief.
User avatar
By Godstud
#15069285
Truth
a fact or belief that is accepted as true.

Belief can make something true, that is not. You can disagree all you want, but some people still believe Obama is not American, despite the evidence, and so they say it's not 'true'.

As for how it can be true, but not factual... See Hindsite and his belief that Trump does not lie, and tells the truth, despite mountains of evidence to the contrary.

Two Realities: Truth and Fact (and They’re Not the Same)
Too many people believe truth and fact are the same thing. If something is true, it must also be a fact, right? Wrong.

A fact is something that’s indisputable, based on empirical research and quantifiable measures. Facts go beyond theories. They’re proven through calculation and experience, or they’re something that definitively occurred in the past.

Truth is entirely different; it may include fact, but it can also include belief. Oftentimes, people will accept things as true because they fall closer to their comfort zones, are assimilated easily into their comfort zones, or reflect their preconceived notions of reality.

Fact is indisputable. Truth is acceptable.

Comedian Ricky Gervais provides a great explanation of how a fact can be defined. (From this, we can infer the difference between fact and truth, which he refers to as belief.) “If we took every science book, and every fact, and destroyed them all, in a thousand years they’d all be back, because all the same tests would [produce] the same results.”

https://the2112group.com/2018/03/two-re ... -the-same/
#15069382
Godstud wrote:They're not, however. You're trolling like mad, and failing on all counts.

Fact: Where you live is not relevant if you have access to the same information.

Belief: Where you lives matter, regardless of facts.


**Like**
  • 1
  • 82
  • 83
  • 84
  • 85
  • 86
  • 87

First we watched, in shocked fascination, as the p[…]

So the HK police could use your account to access[…]

Are you the only European on this site? No, why […]

Election 2020

How Joe Biden’s privatization plans helped doom L[…]