Tresspassing on your own land. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/local/trespassing-on-their-own-land-to-stop-a-pipeline/2018/04/21/3df56a08-458a-11e8-b2dc-b0a403e4720a_video.html

Authorities have denied Food and Water supplies to a 60+ year old and her daughter for over a week.

(Excerpted from an online story in the Washington Post -sorry URL is unavailable)

Now, the 61-year-old mother of three is perched on a platform 32 feet in the air between two oak trees, trying to stop a natural gas pipeline from coming through land granted to her husband’s family by the king of England in colonial times. For three weeks, she has endured rain, snow, hail, nighttime temperatures in the 20s and high winds. Her body is stiff and sore. When she huddles under a tarp to stay warm, it’s usually too dark to read. She’s bored.

Ten days ago, police said family and friends could no longer bring her food and water. Officers are waiting at the base of the trees, around the clock, to arrest her when she finally comes down. Her 30-year-old daughter is in another tree, too far through the family’s woods to see, also defying police.

They’re trespassing on their own property.
I did not know when I bought my land it was next to a major gas pipeline. A representative came by once a year to give me a handout on how to spot a leak so I could run for my life. I can understand why they would not want a pipeline on their property.
Suntzu wrote:Yep, 500 deaths in 32 years, looks like about 16 deaths/year about the same number as die from swallowing toothpicks. I think auto deaths in the U.S. are around 40k/year. :lol:

Those odds are meaningless to the people next to the pipeline. You would need to compare the number actually next to pipelines to the number being next to cars.
As One Degree pointed out, you can't really compare "number of people exposed to being around cars" with "number of people with pipelines through their property"

The biggest problem I have with it is that such a build requires the participation of everyone along the route.
These two women are REAL American patriots not the flag waving make America great again hoodwinked dopes who are made happy with a free baseball cap and a POTUS who tells an average of over six lies a day.
jimjam wrote:These two women are REAL American patriots not the flag waving make America great again hoodwinked dopes who are made happy with a free baseball cap and a POTUS who tells an average of over six lies a day.

Digbats who don't shave their legs. If they don't like petroleum they should protest by not driving cars are using electricity. :lol:
Why do you like shaving your legs so much, Suntzu, that you regard it as a vital part of being a sensible person?

Why do their reasons for not wanting their property to be seized by a private corporation matter to you? I would have thought you'd be in favour of the individual's right to retain their property.
jimjam wrote:These two women are REAL American patriots

My thoughts exactly ... They deserve some support. Cutting off their supply of food and water is insidious.

Zam
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:Why do you like shaving your legs so much, Suntzu, that you regard it as a vital part of being a sensible person?

Why do their reasons for not wanting their property to be seized by a private corporation matter to you? I would have thought you'd be in favour of the individual's right to retain their property.

I favor individual property rights. I also recognize the rights of society to implement projects for the greater good. Without imminent domain would highways, pipelines, powerlines, etc. be possible?

Do you shave your twinkie? :lol:
Suntzu wrote:Digbats who don't shave their legs.

they should protest by not driving cars are using electricity. :lol:

Somehow this young man has made a connection between the rights of a property owner and shaving legs :?: .

Congratulations son ............... you are the MAGA Deep Thinker Of The Day winner :) . As you can see below, you are in good company .........

Suntzu wrote:I favor individual property rights. I also recognize the rights of society to implement projects for the greater good. Without imminent domain would highways, pipelines, powerlines, etc. be possible?

Do you shave your twinkie?

"Imminent" domain? I don't think you've thought about this at all. You literally don't have the vocabulary.

I don't know what 'twinkie' means in your baby-speak, but your obsession with shaving body parts indicates some deep-seated issues. Is it that you fear growing up and having to shave one of your own parts?
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:"Imminent" domain? I don't think you've thought about this at all. You literally don't have the vocabulary.

I don't know what 'twinkie' means in your baby-speak, but your obsession with shaving body parts indicates some deep-seated issues. Is it that you fear growing up and having to shave one of your own parts?

Hey, this kid was awarded the Make America Great Again deep thinker of the day award .............. this is not an award to be taken lightly.

Back on topic .......... why would the gas company want to build a pipeline? Presumably to lower their costs and increase their profits. So, this family is obligated to give up their property rights or go to jail so that the gas company can increase their profits? A increase in predatory capitalism is, I presume, going to make America great again. That lady up in the tree better hold out for a red baseball cap because that is the best deal she will get.
I want to offer my heart felt apology to the board grammar and spelling fairies. :p

Property acquisition through the process of eminent domain is and should be a tool available to the government for projects that benefit the people. Providing cheap energy benefits the people.

Voting for this guy again would be a very banan[…]

Jared Kushner is inspired by the real estate poten[…]

The US government does not care about the ongoing […]

I would also say that the extreme Left can be j[…]