After 14 Years I've Had It, I'm Leaving Seattle - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Hong Wu wrote:I'm not being facetious, you just weren't being very clear.

Unclear? I'm sorry if your faculties aren't up to plain English or 7th grade history. Your failure was due to your ignorance, not my choice of words.

First, if you define concentration camps according to the British version, we shouldn't say "what is this, Nazi Germany?"

I didn't say it. A Seattle council member did. If you can't comprehend her reference, don't blame me. But in deference to more competent Pofo members, let me point out that it WAS the Nazi's who used what THEY called "Concentration Camps" to detain the mentally ill and chronically displaced (gypsies). Are you seeing the relationship to the "lock em up" essay yet?

We should say, what is this, the British Empire?

No, the British weren't after mental defectives and gypsies. The Germans were.

it's similar to death camps since that's the association people make.

I won't deny stupid people might misunderstand and make that assumption. I don't write commentary for stupid people. Presumably the council women doesn't address herself to the plight of "the stupid" with her remarks either.

Second, you're presuming that laws on mental competency wouldn't be followed when applying such programs. Why have this assumption?

I make no such assumption, show me where it say's that. You make it up so it "Appears" you have something to argue about. Or you fail to perceive that this is the essay writers thought, since he suggests the council pursue "involuntary" detainment, rather than let the licensed authorities (whom he seeks to circumvent) do their job.

Basically, you were either unclear or were being facetious I think.

Basically you are being "creatively argumentative" for the simple sake of argument without any basis in reality.

Zam :roll:
I lived in the Seattle area back before the dotcom boom. That was a great time to buy a house and live there. Then we sold our house a few years later to a couple who worked for Microsoft. It was a wise decision to leave all those years ago, but I still miss that life very much. I may never live there again but at least I have established a better life in the East coast.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

178 UNRWA workers have been killed since the start[…]

This is largely history repeating itself . Similar[…]

@FiveofSwords Genes are heritable but phenotyp[…]

@late The best response to a far Right like a Na[…]