McCain Death Watch: The Eclipse of an Establishment Icon - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Why You Should Celebrate Loudly And Unapologetically When John McCain Dies
Arizona Senator and murderous psychopath John McCain is rumored to be at death’s door, and already the world is being admonished by high-profile empire loyalists not to voice any criticism of his blood-saturated, obnoxiously long career.

“Anti-McCain twitter seems to have reached new heights (or depths) of repulsiveness,” tweeted Iraq-raping PNAC founder Bill Kristol to thunderous applause from #Resistance Twitter. “In the hope that a few of the haters see this, let me say: I’m proud to have voted for John McCain for president three times (2000 & 2008 primaries & 2008 general), and for Donald Trump…never.”

“John McCain reminds us that American greatness is made by those who understand that character is the sum of one’s hardest choices; that reality is not a TV show; that fame is mist but honor granite; that heroes don’t need fixers on retainer,” the Washington Post‘s David Von Drehle preemptively eulogized in a nauseating article titled “John McCain isn’t the ideal messenger. He’s the ideal message.”

“STFU, Trumpites,” scolded the somewhat less subtle Matt Lewis of the Daily Beast. “John McCain is 50 times the person you’ll ever be.”

Other commentators have had other ideas.

“These repressive decrees prohibiting criticisms of John McCain as he dies are like those who insist gun control not be spoken of after mass shootings,” tweeted journalist Glenn Greenwald. “Discussions of his life are inherently political. If you’re going heap praise on & sanctify him, you can’t also silence critics.”

“Insisting on the right to convert every US political leader into a heroic & noble saint upon death, while condemning critics as gauche & classless, is propaganda,” Greenwald added. “It’s easy to dismiss all the deaths McCain has caused because they’re distant and invisible, but they still matter.”

I would take it a few clicks further, personally. I say it is the duty of everyone who opposes acts of mass military slaughter for power and profit to cheer loudly and unapologetically when John McCain dies.

We should all celebrate McCain’s death. Not in a spirit of vengeance for the lives his relentless warmongering has helped end. Nor because his death may save innocent lives, though that possibility is surely an added perk. No, we should celebrate the end of McCain’s despicable life first and foremost to prevent such bloodthirsty depravity from being normalized, or worse, immortalized as heroism.

Many people will recoil from such a notion in horror, like the pearl-clutching ladies on The View did when discussing my article “Please Just Fucking Die Already” which I wrote about McCain shortly before his cancer diagnosis. These people are cowards. They have compartmentalized themselves away from the horrors that McCain has helped inflict upon this world because it is more psychologically comfortable than acknowledging that such a pervasively evil presence has been working so intimately with the nexus of power in their country.

If everyone could be forced Clockwork Orange-style to look at all the death, destruction and suffering that John McCain has helped inflict upon our species, they would feel nothing but relief upon his departing from this world. It is only the aforementioned power to dissociate and compartmentalize which enables people to spew nonsense about McCain being a hero and a good man.

It is this pocket of compartmentalization that we are being bullied into by establishment loyalists who demand solemn reverence for this unforgivable monster simply because his time here is almost up. They are doing this because it benefits and protects them. The ability of the servants of empire to proudly show their faces in public after helping to ensure the deaths of countless thousands of human beings is absolutely essential for the survival of the Orwellian oligarchy which rules over us. If we could see these murderous beasts for what they truly are, the illusion would be shattered and we’d never consent to being ruled by a system which empowers them.

To truly see John McCain for what he is and what he has done is to see the face of the oppression machine that rank-and-file Americans have been manipulated into supporting. The empire which spends medicine money on bombs overseas and insists on an economic system that is propped up with the barrel of a gun depends on keeping its most hands-on servants normalized and celebrated. Mainstream Americans seeing McCain clearly will also be seeing themselves and what they’ve been duped into consenting to. Rejecting this illusion and pissing on McCain’s grave is a direct act of rebellion against the oppressive, war profiteering oligarchs and their allied defense and intelligence agencies.

The reason the US-centralized war machine is able to get away with unleashing unspeakable horror after unspeakable horror upon our world is because that war machine has become normalized and celebrated. So it is therefore our duty to call John McCain the wicked witch that he is and celebrate like munchkins when he dies.

In a healthy world, war-peddling neoconservatives like John McCain would be treated with the same social stigma as child molesters and serial killers. So let’s create that world.

Abnormalize war. Abnormalize the campaigns of mass slaughter for power and profit by the US-centralized war machine. Abnormalize the system which tries to normalize John McCain.

Normalize peace. Normalize an expectation that leaders will not advocate war at every opportunity. Normalize an environment where someone seeking out opportunities to push for war will be recoiled from in horror like the demonic freaks that they are. Normalize a world with no John McCains.

Oppose the calls of the social engineers for reverence and good behavior. The war machine is not entitled to our politeness. McCain’s family is not entitled to force the entire world to pretend that he wasn’t an evil child-killing monster. We need to drag this abomination out into the light where everyone can see it and call it what it is.

When the time comes (hopefully sooner than later), join me in celebrating John McCain’s death. Here’s to a world where such vile ghouls are treated like what they are
https://caitlinjohnstone.com/2018/05/08 ... cain-dies/
Beren wrote:I understand he was a bad man @skinster, but do you think his death is a gamechanger? I mean I understand people who were happy about Stalin's death because it changed a lot, but McCain's death is just an ordinary political event. Arizona will have to elect another senator, that's it, business as usual. My experience is that you 20-something people indulge in hate and antipathy on pathological levels. I wonder if it contributes to your sex lives. ;)
From what I understand McCain was influential and powerful in American politics as a senator. He was also the most war hawk out of most politicians that I can think of.

He also really freaked out when Trump go elected that his war with Russia will never come about, he went to a point where he blatantly undermined Trump. I forget exactly what it was but apparently the whole evidence of Russian and Trump collusion was supplied by him, through his British spy connections. He is one of the main people starting off the Russian Collusion investigation.

I believe his death will have a noticeable impact on US politics.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation- ... 22854.html
annatar1914 wrote:We're not talking ''politics'' here, at least I'm not, so much as reminding people of the fundamental injustice of such a walking piece of garbage as John McCain, a murderous, lying, cowardly, arrogant, and corrupt human being, having graced the halls of power for all these decades. I don't care what a person's politics are when it comes to this, such a person is a disgrace and should have at the very least retired decades ago if they had any decency. I don't wish McCain ill; I hope he makes his peace with God and his fellow man, and pray for him. But I feel the need at this juncture prior to his impending canonization upon his demise, to tell the truth.

What I find peculiar is that he is sort of tipping his hand--that he was never really a conservative Republican, but a Democrat that ran as a Republican and tried to pull the Republican party towards Democratic party policies. He has always lamented partisan politics, but to publicly disinvite the president of the United States--of your own party--to your own funeral suggests that he's not the principled reach-across-the-aisle person he purported to be throughtout his career.

Beren wrote:I understand he was a bad man @skinster, but do you think his death is a gamechanger? I mean I understand people who were happy about Stalin's death because it changed a lot, but McCain's death is just an ordinary political event. Arizona will have to elect another senator, that's it, business as usual. My experience is that you 20-something people indulge in hate and antipathy on pathological levels. I wonder if it contributes to your sex lives. ;)

I don't think McCain's imminent death is a game changer, per se. However, I do think it is emblematic of an establishment in existential crisis. McCain was also part of the dirty dossier team to try to bring down president Trump. The swamp is getting drained.

skinster wrote:Of course his death won't change anything, besides maybe he has less involvement in destroying another country, I don't know.

I was wondering what sort of response I would get. I think people were a lot more forgiving when Arlen Specter died--the mother of all RINOs. It seems with McCain the rift is far deeper. Maybe it's just me...

skinster wrote:But ha at you still acting like you're not a little whiney bitch upset because some of us are laughing at scumbag McCain for almost being dead.

Tick tock, tick tock :excited:

Well, he's not dead yet, but he does have pretty much of a death sentence disease. So he still has a few cognizant moments to say his good-byes, and he still seems pretty bitter about Trump winning. That tweet says a lot though... he has a lot of people who don't wish him well in the afterlife.

Rancid wrote:The only thing McCain did that I can remember supporting was eliminating tax payer funding of those stupid ass millitary jet flyovers you see at sporting events. As well as paying for random millitary people to show up at sporting events.

That's what I mean. When you reflect back on McCain's life, he's actually a pretty weird guy. For all the rah-rah let's go to war stuff, he had a lot of antipathy for the military too. As I said, he helped kill off the F-22.

Albert wrote:He also really freaked out when Trump go elected that his war with Russia will never come about, he went to a point where he blatantly undermined Trump. I forget exactly what it was but apparently the whole evidence of Russian and Trump collusion was supplied by him, through his British spy connections. He is one of the main people starting off the Russian Collusion investigation.

Although Comey already had the memo, McCain publicly presented it to Comey. Everybody knew the memo was phony, but they were trying to find a way to get the media to run with it. So McCain was part of that process--"we got it from a 'Republican', so it must have some credibility"--to get the dossier into the MSM.

skinster wrote:If Russiagate dies along with McCain, it'll be like Christmas in May :excited:

I think he has probably a bit more time than that. How long did it take Ted Kennedy to die from it?
I think McCain is a good example of deeps state politics. He is one of the powerful men who pulls strings behind the scenes.

@blackjack21 Did not F-22 program have significant flaws with it? Perhaps he actually did what was right for the military and killed off a bad program.
I supported him in '08. I thought he was a piss poor candidate but he had the brains to put Sarah Palin on the ticket so I thought support him as the Republican candidate anyway.

I'm still praying for the day Palin runs at the top of the ticket.

I still think Palin at top and Cruz, McCain or Romney(was Pence around in '08?) as VP would have been much much better ticket.
Rancid wrote:I'm in the camp that say's not a whole lot changes after his death. Not like he was dictator or something.

I'm not saying that changes happen, because of his death. Rather, that it is symbolic of an era that is currently slowly crumbling away--the death of neoconservative dominance in American politics. McCain wasn't the linchpin upon which neoconservatism depended, but he is sort of a symbol of their erstwhile dominance and current pathos.

McCain characterized Trump supporters early on as "whacko birds" and "crazies." Yet, Trump won the presidency in spite of many establishment Republicans attacking Trump. McCain had long-time presidential ambitions. He famously lost to George W. Bush and was embittered about it. Then, he lost to Barack Obama, and was more gracious towards Obama than he was to Bush. Yet, McCain is livid that Trump won.

Albert wrote:@blackjack21 Did not F-22 program have significant flaws with it? Perhaps he actually did what was right for the military and killed off a bad program.

It's biggest problem was cost. Canopies were an issue, and more importantly the oxygen system was an issue.

Anyway, Palin is chiming in again: That's not what he told me! Sarah Palin says hearing John McCain say he regrets picking her as his running mate in 2008 is a 'perpetual gut-punch' – and claims he's told her the opposite

See what I mean? McCain is a conflicted guy.

We still have ObamaCare, because of McCain. When he's gone, when Susan Collins is gone, when Jeff Flake is gone--things are going to change. Will they trend toward repealing ObamaCare again? Trump has had no problem dismantling any aspect of Obama's legacy. By the time Trump is done, it will be difficult to see many policies left that remind us that Obama was once president.
Anyone with half a brain knows McCain picked Palin because she was his only shot at winning. He doesn't regret it, he regrets losing and probably blamed his VP pick once or twice on off occasions for the loss. But he never regretted actually picking her. He regrets what happened afterwards and regrets losing.

Still it would have been better if they swapped places on the Ticket.

Too bad we can't go back in time and change it. Maybe in 2024 we'll get a second chance. Palin will run at the top of the ticket one day soon.
colliric wrote:Too bad we can't go back in time and change it. Maybe in 2024 we'll get a second chance. Palin will run at the top of the ticket one day soon.

Sure, it's too bad Palin hasn't been POTUS yet, but let's hope she'll succeed after Trump. I remember Trump saying on TV he knows nothing about Russia (and I believe him), as former governor of Alaska and VP candidate she claimed the opposite at least. The only thing I hope though is that the USA gets marginalised and peripheral like Australia as soon as possible, so it won't even matter that much if they ever happen to elect anyone like Palin or Trump president again.
Has anybody watched the pre-death obituary for McCain on HBO? I don't have HBO, so I can't say as I have.

HBO’s John McCain Documentary Is Both Reverent and Candid
John McCain: For Whom the Bell Tolls is a pre-obituary for one of the most fascinating, maddening, and respected lawmakers in American history.

Directed and produced by Peter Kunhardt and his sons, George and Teddy – a team responsible for other politically themed HBO documentaries, including one about Ted Kennedy that debuted as the senator was battling a brain tumor — John McCain: For Whom the Bell Tolls arrives as McCain is publicly contending with the same affliction. It’s a movie that comes across as a final statement about who McCain was and how he would like to be remembered. As such, not surprisingly, it treats the maverick senator from Arizona with reverence and respect. But to its credit, the documentary does not gloss over McCain shortcomings, nor the errors he has made during his decades of public service as a politician and a soldier who famously became a prisoner of war in Vietnam for five-and-a-half years.
Beren wrote: The only thing I hope though is that the USA gets marginalised and peripheral like Australia as soon as possible, so it won't even matter that much if they ever happen to elect anyone like Palin or Trump president again.

As the world's sole superpower that's not likely to happen any time soon. If people like Trump keep getting elected throughout the West it'll be the liberal establishment that gets pushed to the margins. These neo-reactionaries aren't any better but at least it's something of an upset to the status quo.

Lol this is why I know better than to even try to[…]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]