Walmart Will Implement New Opioid Prescription Limits By End Of Summer - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
One Degree wrote:
According to who? That is the question. Should Walmart or my doctor decide? I had severe cluster headaches. I often had several a day for months lasting 18 hours a day, then would go months without any. Should Walmart decide how many I need in a given month?

People are circumventing their doctors to get more pills. Basically, once their maxed out on prescriptions from their Doctor, they find another doctor that doesn't know you're already on pain killers. They lie to the second doctor to get another prescription. Thus, they end up with may more pills than is safe, and both Doctors have no idea.

Hence, you need pharmacies to also act as a watchman to say "Hey, this is weird, you're getting a lot of prescriptions for this pill."

One Degree wrote:Should Walmart decide how many I need in a given month?

Yes, they should. I would expect Walmart to call your Doctor to see if you're bullshitting them or not.
Rancid wrote:People are circumventing their doctors to get more pills. Basically, once their maxed out on prescriptions from their Doctor, they find another doctor that doesn't know you're already on pain killers. They lie to the second doctor to get another prescription. Thus, they end up with may more pills than is safe, and both Doctors have no idea.

Hence, you need pharmacies to also act as a watchman to say "Hey, this is weird, you're getting a lot of prescriptions for this pill."

Yes, they should. I would expect Walmart to call your Doctor to see if you're bullshitting them or not.

I fully agree the pharmacy is in an ideal position to prevent the abuse you described. Walmart appears to be going beyond this and making the decision without the doctor.
One Degree wrote:Walmart appears to be going beyond this and making the decision without the doctor.
Go back and read the fucking article! Many states have it so you don't need a doctor to get opiods. Walmart is trying to address this, and other abuses.

Why is this such a bad thing? Are you on opioids?
Godstud wrote:Go back and read the fucking article! Many states have it so you don't need a doctor to get opiods. Walmart is trying to address this, and other abuses.

Why is this such a bad thing? Are you on opioids?

So the states decided one thing and you agree Walmart should circumvent their view? When did Walmart become our moral guardian?
You insistence upon insulting everyone who disagrees with your ‘humanitarianism’ displays the superficiality of your views.
How did I insult you? I insulted you by refuting your stupid argument that has no bearing on the topic? Your ability to get prescriptions isn't the issue, here. Walmart trying to do something to curtail abuse, is.

Many states have a distinct LACK of laws to curtail opioid abuse. Such is stated in the article that you refuse to read.

I bet you'd love to watch footage of her being rap[…]

It does mean that thesis has to be proven, since t[…]

@FiveofSwords " Franz [B]oas " Are[…]

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/178385974554[…]