Trump: "our ancestors trounced and tamed a continent, we are not going to apologize" - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I am sticking to a favorite description of mine @Kaiserschmarrn of what are the differences between when a politician lies and when an artist lies. An artist lies to reveal a truth (as in an art form that is fictional and meant to communicate a universal truth through metaphor, allegory, symbolism, and more), and a politician who lies to cover up or conceal a truth, (a truth they don't want revealed because it will mess with their agenda...usually a hidden one). I think that is what political lying is all about.
Tainari88 wrote:I am sticking to a favorite description of mine @Kaiserschmarrn of what are the differences between when a politician lies and when an artist lies. An artist lies to reveal a truth (as in an art form that is fictional and meant to communicate a universal truth through metaphor, allegory, symbolism, and more), and a politician who lies to cover up or conceal a truth, (a truth they don't want revealed because it will mess with their agenda...usually a hidden one). I think that is what political lying is all about.

Trump's lies are quite easy to spot. Perhaps he's just a bad liar or his statements serve as signals to his base or both. At any rate, I think it's hard to argue that he has a hidden agenda. His agenda is quite out in the open and I don't get the impression he is interested in making it a secret.

As for his statements which are the topic of this thread, yes he's laying it on thick, but that's part of his anti-PC message which in turn has always been part of his appeal. And the outrage is predictable and just reinforces that message.

None of what you said implies it is legal to haras[…]

That was weird

No, it won't. Only the Democrats will be hurt by […]

No. There is nothing arbitrary about whether peop[…]