The Roseanne Show Has Been Cancelled Because She Called A Black Person An Ape Thread - Page 12 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I haven't watched the video in question but I think it's normal police policy everywhere that if a situation crosses the line into arrest and the person doesn't immediately surrender, they can try to physically pin the person so that the situation doesn't escalate. Obviously this can be abused but it exists to keep people from pulling a weapon on the police. There isn't really a nexus here between Roseanne, Tommy Robinson and some lady illegally drinking, resisting arrest and getting beaten up.

Well, there's always that racism thing :excited: As a minority where I live, I think it's well evidenced that the best way to go against human nature is subtly, gently and at a small scale, not to try and publicly weaponize an endless guilt trip about basic instincts that will never change anyway. But what do I know, I'm just doing it right while other people get their asses kicked.
maz wrote:I am pretty sure I remember some old cartoons where a woman would get manhandled by a man, get tossed over their shoulder and the woman would beat on his back and call him an ape.

Popeye the Sailor Man.....

Olive Oyl would always be carried off in that manner by whatever male villain was in the short.
These are the same people throwing up their hands and saying, "Well, I should be able to call anyone an ape! It's perfectly true!"

It is true. They should be free to do that on their own time and in their own place.

On three occasions I did not hire someone because of their facebook postings. I would not have my consulting business associated with people whose political ideas might offend my clients. Or offend me for that matter.
Roseanne isn't funny at all, although the one good thing that came of it is John Goodman, but it's pretty unfortunate a complete moron cost people their jobs because she was stupid enough to post racist stuff on Twitter. It's a complete no-brainer, and Drlee's attitude above is quite correct: in this day and age, more and more employers are able to do a quick sweep of a person's online postings. If someone is stupid enough, with their own name and identity, to post flagrantly nasty stuff that will tarnish the reputation of their future employer and colleagues, there's less of a reason to hire that person. Which is entirely reasonable: why would anyone, from Drlee to myself or someone else, want to hire someone who has no mental filter or the maturity to act like an adult in a public forum if they choose to not remain anonymous?

In the long run, ABC would've had to let Roseanne go even if they didn't cancel the show as quick as they did. The controversy, the amount of cast leaving because of her behavior and stupidity, and so on would have not only cost ABC too much time and money, but damaged their reputation overall.

As an aside, you have to be literally autistic or an alt-righter (same thing) to be unaware that calling black people apes is a racist thing to do.

I doubt Roseanne Barr hates black people, but this is the consequence of her behavior. Hopefully John Goodman gets his own show or something.
Bulaba Jones wrote:Roseanne isn't funny at all, although the one good thing that came of it is John Goodman, but it's pretty unfortunate a complete moron cost people their jobs because she was stupid enough to post racist stuff on Twitter. It's a complete no-brainer, and Drlee's attitude above is quite correct: in this day and age, more and more employers are able to do a quick sweep of a person's online postings. If someone is stupid enough, with their own name and identity, to post flagrantly nasty stuff that will tarnish the reputation of their future employer and colleagues, there's less of a reason to hire that person. Which is entirely reasonable: why would anyone, from Drlee to myself or someone else, want to hire someone who has no mental filter or the maturity to act like an adult in a public forum if they choose to not remain anonymous?

In the long run, ABC would've had to let Roseanne go even if they didn't cancel the show as quick as they did. The controversy, the amount of cast leaving because of her behavior and stupidity, and so on would have not only cost ABC too much time and money, but damaged their reputation overall.

As an aside, you have to be literally autistic or an alt-righter (same thing) to be unaware that calling black people apes is a racist thing to do.

I doubt Roseanne Barr hates black people, but this is the consequence of her behavior. Hopefully John Goodman gets his own show or something.

You don't understand Bulaba.

White and Western culture is premised on the idea of shitting on lessers so that I, as a normal loser with a shitty job, can feel better about my station in life.

If you rob me of the idea that the highest negro is still lower than the white town drunk then I will flip the fuck out and vote for Trump again just to spite you. Please pretend that I am arguing in good faith and that I wasn't going to vote for Trump anyway because he represents my white anger.

I will do anything to own the libs so long as it means anyone who isn't white is lesser than me, a big fucking loser who angrily posts in the Gorkiy SJW mock thread safe space because my life sucks and I have to blame it on anyone who isn't me.

Seeing someone face repercussions for repeatedly spreading racist conspiracies deeply affects me as an extremely online loser.
noemon wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: If that makes you feel better about yourself defending pigs harassing couples with babies on the beach and then beating them up out of spite then sure go ahead pretend that such actions are debatable and subject to your politics and bias instead of basic human logic. :knife:

Let's be clear harassing people and then beating them up out of spite is disgusting and pathetic. This will not change because it's truth like the sun and the moon and the tides.

You just make these assumptions and then decide it is reality or do you have information on this that the rest of us don’t? You have no idea what led up to this.
We actually do have information from 2 separate videos one from a bystander and one from the police body camera which is even worse than the bystanders limited time. Pigs harassing people on the beach with alcotesting, them coming up negative and then carry on harassing them for having sealed canisters of beer in their proximity. Pathetic and disgusting pigs at work. Reality is not assumptions, reality just is, you are making assumptions and for what purpose really? Have you asked yourself? What is your productive mission here? To try to convince yourself that young women deserve to be harassed and then beaten up? Why?

Hong Wu wrote:There isn't really a nexus here between Roseanne, Tommy Robinson and some lady illegally drinking, resisting arrest and getting beaten up.

It is funny that between Roseanne being openly and publicly racist, a football hooligan disregarding his probation and a 20 year woman having a sealed beer canister in her proximity while coming up negative in the alcotest, the only person you have framed as illegal is the young lady chilling at the beach while being harassed by the very people who are supposedly there to protect her. :lol: :lol: :lol: At the same time you are pretending that there is no nexus in yours and other people's in here quite disgusting frankly state of mind.
noemon wrote:We actually do have information from 2 separate videos one from a bystander and one from the police body camera which is even worse than the bystanders limited time. Pigs harassing people on the beach with alcotesting, them coming up negative and then carry on harassing them for having sealed canisters of beer in their proximity. Pathetic and disgusting pigs at work. Reality is not assumptions, reality just is, you are making assumptions and for what purpose really? Have you asked yourself? What is your productive mission here? To try to convince yourself that young women deserve to be harassed and then beaten up? Why?

I had not seen the police video before my previous post. All she had to do was give her name and get a citation she deserved. Why did the ‘aunt’ never make an appearance? You, and others, seem upset that she was treated like any other person refusing to cooperate with reasonable police procedures. You are actually whining that her youth and sex did not entitle her to special treatment. More hypocrisy.
Rest assured the police officer’s life will be destroyed because he believed your bullshit about equality. She was a self entitled snowflake who confronted reality. Boo hoo.
One Degree wrote:I had not seen the police video before my previous post. All she had to do was give her name and get a citation she deserved. Why did the ‘aunt’ never make an appearance? You, and others, seem upset that she was treated like any other person refusing to cooperate with reasonable police procedures. You are actually whining that her youth and sex did not entitle her to special treatment. More hypocrisy.
Rest assured the police officer’s life will be destroyed because he believed your bullshit about equality. She was a self entitled snowflake who confronted reality. Boo hoo.

Even if you had not see videos as you pretend, you have now, so your pathetic excuse is no longer applicable. The fact that you have seen the harassment of the police officer and you still consider this as ok is quite mind-boggling and frankly unbelievable. The fact that you see nothing wrong with police going around the beach testing women for alcohol them coming up negative and then pursuing a course of aggressiveness, arrest and eventually violence for literally nothing whatsoever is quite disturbing. Both their lives should be ruined because they are both power-tripping psychopaths that had nothing better to do than ruin a perfectly good afternoon for everyone in their proximity including themselves. Seeing people trying to defend such actions is frankly disturbing and vomit inducing. The girl is a citizen, quite obviously scared and she is not required by anybody to play according to a script while being harassed by 2 sorry-ass bastards. They are the ones who are required by law and morality to avoid escalating situations and to actually be productive in their jobs instead of being ridiculous pigs. You want to tell me they caught a criminal and that they used necessary force to remove one from the beach in order to restore public order? Is that what you tell yourself?
noemon wrote:Even if you had not see videos as you pretend, you have now, so your pathetic excuse is no longer applicable. The fact that you have seen the harassment of the police officer and you still consider this as ok is quite mind-boggling and frankly unbelievable. The fact that you see nothing wrong with police going around the beach testing women for alcohol them coming up negative and then pursuing a course of aggressiveness, arrest and eventually violence for literally nothing whatsoever is quite disturbing. Both their lives should be ruined because they are both power-tripping psychopaths that had nothing better to do than ruin a perfectly good afternoon for everyone in their proximity including themselves. Seeing people trying to defend such actions is frankly disturbing and vomit inducing. The girl is a citizen, quite obviously scared and she is not required by anybody to play according to a script while being harassed by 2 sorry-ass bastards. They are the ones who are required by law and morality to avoid escalating situations and to actually be productive in their jobs instead of being ridiculous pigs. You want to tell me they caught a criminal and that they used necessary force to remove one from the beach in order to restore public order? Is that what you tell yourself?

That is exactly what happened. It should be obvious these officers had been ordered to check for underage drinking. They were doing their jobs. They did not randomly go to the beach to harass people. They had the equipment and even mentioned it was routine. Apparently this beach has problems with underage drinking. Most parents would be grateful to the police for eliminating it on a public beach.
What is disturbing is you believing she should be allowed to violate the law and resist arrest without any consequences because you have a pathological distrust of police. Did you happen to notice the police officer looks as young as her?
One Degree wrote:That is exactly what happened.

They used necessary force to remove criminals? Dear god.

It should be obvious these officers had been ordered to check for underage drinking. They were doing their jobs.

No it is not obvious at all but a product of your imagination which even still, the girl came up negative they should have apologised for their intrusion and moved on to the next victim.

They did not randomly go to the beach to harass people.

Of course they did and it is obvious form the fact that they carried on harassing her even after she came up negative.

Apparently this beach has problems with underage drinking. Most parents would be grateful to the police for eliminating it on a public beach.

So you are saying that if you were her parent, you would shake their hand after they delivered you your daughter bruised? Yeah I am sure your daughter would never ever have done such criminal actions according to you, but do make the effort for the sake of argument.

The "apparently" is not just a figment of your imagination but also irrelevant and them carrying equipment does not mean that they were not harassing people for no reason. Police use their equipment to run tests only when there is disturbing behaviour among groups of people or individuals, the fact they chose a sober but hot young lady just speak volumes about their rapist instincts, they were there because they were feeling good power tripping over a hot young lady.

What is disturbing is you believing she should be allowed to violate the law and resist arrest without any consequences because you have a pathological distrust of police. Did you happen to notice the police officer looks as young as her?

I am at a loss of words, football hooligan violates probation, Roseanne goes public with racism rants, they both deserve to be left alone according to you, but a young woman chilling at the beach alcohol-free deserves getting harassed and beat up instead of being left alone to enjoy her afternoon. There is the spirit and the letter of the law and abusing it has consequences just like these pigs are going to find out, either from the courts or her parents and friends or eventually God.
noemon wrote:They used necessary force to remove criminals? Dear god.

No it is not obvious at all but a product of your imagination which even still, the girl came up negative they should have apologised for their intrusion and moved on to the next victim.

Of course they did and it is obvious form the fact that they carried on harassing her even after she came up negative.

So you are saying that if you were her parent, you would shake their hand after they delivered you your daughter bruised? Yeah I am sure your daughter would never ever have done such criminal actions according to you, but do make the effort for the sake of argument.

I am at a loss of words, football hooligan violates probation, Roseanne goes public with racism rants, they both deserve to be left alone according to you, but a young woman chilling at the beach alcohol-free deserves getting harassed and beat up instead of being left alone to enjoy her afternoon. There is the spirit and the letter of the law and abusing it has consequences just like these pigs are going to find out, either from the courts or her parents and friends or eventually God.

Your delusions about what happened are not arguments. There were several police officers there. It has all the appearance of being a planned operation. As a parent, I want to take my kids to the beach and not put up with a bunch of underage drunks.
You repeatedly refer to her as a ‘young woman’ as if that should give her special entitlement. Why?
Again, all she had to do was give them her name. That is not an unreasonable request.
One Degree wrote:Your delusions about what happened are not arguments. There were several police officers there. It has all the appearance of being a planned operation. As a parent, I want to take my kids to the beach and not put up with a bunch of underage drunks.
You repeatedly refer to her as a ‘young woman’ as if that should give her special entitlement. Why?
Again, all she had to do was give them her name. That is not an unreasonable request.

These are not my delusions, they are the reality from the videos. Planned operation? :lol: You did not answer if you would shake their hands had they brought you your daughter bruised? She was not drunk dude, she was sober. Her name and number preferably and her pussy too. That was the whole point. Why would she give her name & surname or whatever? They had no grounds for arrest whatsoever. But even that does not mean that people are entitled to beat you up for refusing to give your name. Are you all there?
noemon wrote:These are not my delusions, they are the reality from the videos. Planned operation? :lol: You did not answer if you would shake their hands had they brought you your daughter bruised? She was not drunk dude, she was sober. Her name and number preferably and her pussy too. That was the whole point. Why would she give her name & surname or whatever? They had no grounds for arrest whatsoever. But even that does not mean that people are entitled to beat you up for refusing to give your name. Are you all there?

That is what I meant by your delusions. The officer carefully explained that she was illegally in possession of alcohol unless she could produce her ‘aunt’. She could not produce her aunt. Whether or not she had actually been drinking was irrelevant. She was in possession.
She was simply stupid and paid for her stupidity.
maz wrote:The one drop rule is a holdover from segregation. White people who cling to that are the real racists.

And many do, which is why people like Jarrett are often considered black.

Valerie Jarrett is a mulatto, not a black woman. It is absolutely ridiculous that she is running around claiming to be an oppressed black woman. If I were a black woman, I'd be really offended at that bullshit.

Actually, you would probably be more offended at white guys going around telling you that you cannot identify as black because of the opinion of said white guy.

The more time passes, the more instances of haras[…]

It turns out it was all a complete lie with no bas[…]

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]

Customs is rarely nice. It's always best to pack l[…]