The Samantha Bee Show Not Cancelled Over Ivanka Trump Slur - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Samantha Bee called Ivanka Trump a see u next Tuesday.

I am not a fan of Ivanka Trump or her politics but the last thing I would call her is a see u next Tuesday.

It is being reported on as not really a big deal, even though some liberals trying to save face and saying that she did cross the line.

Samantha Bee has a history of being crass and playing around in the gutter, so this seems like more projection than anything.

It also confirms the double standard once again, but my concern is Canadians moving to the US, claiming citizenship and then using the US airwaves to lobby for un-American policies.

I think that this kind of thing should be illegal. What if Bill Maher moved to Canada and started telling "jokes" berating the Canadian government to accept Guatemalan immigrants under the guise of presenting a comedy show or one of their notable women were to be deemed a worthless c---s?

Again, the CEO made a decision to cancel Roseanne. If the CEO of whatever outfit runs Sam Bee doesn't, then that's up to them.

Even the people in the video state that Samanthee Bee and Roseanne cases are different, @maz . You are doing exactly what they say not to do in the video, and that's conflate the two.

Question... Did you watch the video you posted?

Maz wrote:It also confirms the double standard once again, but my concern is Canadians moving to the US, claiming citizenship and then using the US airwaves to lobby for un-American policies.
Do you mean like equality, liberty, and freedom for all? Yeah, can't get much more un-American that that, can you ? :roll:
Last edited by Godstud on 01 Jun 2018 04:50, edited 1 time in total.
Godstud wrote:Even the people in the video state that Samanthee Bee and Roseanne cases are different

One comment was made about a highly respected female, while acting on their own, and not under the capacity or control of their employer.

The other was made comment was made about a highly respected female, while under the full capacity and control of their employer, and who had to have passed several layers of executive control before it could even be broadcast.

You're wrong that they should not be conflated, but you're right about not being the same. One is actually ten times worse than the other.

Do you mean like equality, liberty, and freedom for all? Yeah, can't get much more un-American that that, can you ?

I don't even know what you are talking about here. Are you saying that everyone has a right to come to the US and assume every other right that an American has without abiding by any laws whatsoever?

I haven't seem the entire Samantha Bee clip in context because it has been taken down, but I assume that the foreigner is mad that the president and the executive branch would dare to enforce immigration laws.
Hey Maz, you're the one who said:
Maz wrote:It also confirms the double standard once again, but my concern is Canadians moving to the US, claiming citizenship and then using the US airwaves to lobby for un-American policies.
Either defend what you said with some facts, or stop the BS.
Godstud wrote:Hey Maz, you're the one who said:
Either defend what you said with some facts, or stop the BS.

:?:

Not sure what you mean bud.

Both of these women were offensive and one got fired and the other didn't.

One was actually not working and got fired because the company didn't endorse her views and the other, a foreigner, was working and didn't get fired even though her company didn't endorse her views.

Where's the bs?
Yes, one got fired. It was up to the CEO. The public had nothing to do with it.

So what do you mean about this stupid statement, then?
maz wrote:Both of these women were offensive and one got fired and the other didn't.

That is pretty much up to the employer. Being "offensive" is not illegal, and I don't necessarily agree with Disney's move to fire her, but it is up to them.
Exactly. If Roseanne had been fired due to public pressure, I can see there being an argument for unfairness, but such is not the case. She was fired almost immediately by the CEO.

Perhaps, the CEO had been keeping track of the things that Roseanne has said over the last couple years, and decided this was just crossing the line, or the straw that broke the camel's back
Rugoz wrote:Not surprisingly, right-wingers don't get the difference between insult and racist insult.

Well, one's a sexist insult. What makes that okay all of a sudden? Aren't we supposed to be all sensitive about women's needs in view of Mrs. Clinton's political demise?

maz wrote:The other was made comment was made about a highly respected female, while under the full capacity and control of their employer, and who had to have passed several layers of executive control before it could even be broadcast.

Good point.

What it shows is that the left isn't to be taken seriously on these identity politics issues.
Godstud wrote:Exactly. If Roseanne had been fired due to public pressure, I can see there being an argument for unfairness, but such is not the case. She was fired almost immediately by the CEO.

Perhaps, the CEO had been keeping track of the things that Roseanne has said over the last couple years, and decided this was just crossing the line, or the straw that broke the camel's back

Or perhaps he's gotten non-stop public pressure and complaints generally by SJW lunatics(complaining about fucken everything possible) on Twitter and Facebook and whatnot, that the prior idiotic public pressure made him act instantly to "perma-ban".... Thus making the accusation he acted under (generalised) public pressure a valid accusation.

That or it was the traditional Democrat "fire the Republican instantly at first sign of trouble" human bigotry.

Either of the three theories is possible.
colliric wrote:Or perhaps he's gotten non-stop public pressure and complaints generally by SJW lunatics(complaining about fucken everything possible) on Twitter and Facebook and whatnot, that the prior idiotic public pressure made him act instantly to "perma-ban".... Thus making the accusation he acted under (generalised) public pressure a valid accusation.
Do you have evidence of this, or is this just your vivid imagination at work?

colliric wrote:That or it was the traditional Democrat "fire the Republican instantly at first sign of trouble" human bigotry.
Is the CEO even a democrat? How does this even make sense to you? Do you have evidence of this bigotry, or is it more along the lines of a conspiracy theory?
Hey @maz, have you written and sent a letter to Time Warner's CEO or Ted Turner himself? Something like "Dear Sir, as a big fan of CNN I find Samantha Bee's comments on Ivanka Trump absolutely outrageous and would be glad if you followed the great example of ABC and fired Samantha Bee as they fired Roseanne Barr, I'm sure that would be highly profitable to your company I like so much. Let me elaborate, please..."

Also, Samantha Bee's rudeness and Roseanne Barr's blatant racism are not even the same league.
Maz wrote:One comment was made about a highly respected female. 

Assumes a fact not in evidence. You more or less acknowledged this when you wrote:

I am not a fan of Ivanka Trump or her politics but the last thing I would call her is a see u next Tuesday

I wouldn't call her a cunt either, but I will point out she's reducing the status of the White House to a dollar store, and the way she's doing business with the Chinese is ticky-tacky and suggestive of illegal practises. She's inviting criticism.
I can't believe third-rate comedy shows have become the major political battlegrounds of our time. How do people muster up the energy to give this much of a shit about who employs Roseanne Barr and Samantha Bee? :lol:

If any further proof were needed that Facebook and Twitter were a disaster for civilisation, this unrelenting stream of bullshit is it.

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]

@FiveofSwords Doesn't this 'ethnogenesis' mal[…]

^ unless it is an Israeli embassy that gets blown […]

@Rich Not for the dead.