Family Fued Host Steve Harvey Calls Golden State Warriors 'Gorillas' - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The Golden State Warriors look as though they are going to sweep the Cleveland Cavs tonight.

Steve Harvey, who hosts the game show Family Fued, said that The Warriors "too many gorillas on the team."

And...crickets.

Steve Harvey ESPN Remarks Draw Fire From Conservative Sports Analyst

Harvey twice used the “gorillas” description when talking about how the Warriors have dominated. “You can’t stop them,” he said. “You gotta outscore them. You can’t stop all them boys. They’ve got too many gorillas on the team. They coming to play, man. They got 800-pound gorillas on their team.”

Fox college football analyst Clay Travis, who founded the outkickthecoverage website, is one person who has noticed the silence regarding the remarks, commenting on them in two separate tweets.

A request for comment from ESPN has not yet been given a response.

This is the second time this year that Harvey has made insensitive and racially tinged remarks. On Fox’s New Year’s Eve special, Harvey stirred controversey when he said of a performance, “Three little black dudes singing the song better than all the white people I know.”

^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsports.yahoo.com%2F
SpecialOlympian wrote:Wow, someone is still angry over the Roseanne thing.

What about the Rosanne thing was I ever mad about?

SpecialOlympian wrote:Do you, like, not understand words or how their meaning varies by context? Do I need to find a nazi to explain this to you?

No I understand what he is trying to say perfectly fine, but his choice of words and analogy doesn't make any sense.

Ad an entertainer with a ton of experience, I cannot understand how he could not have used better descriptive language than "too many gorillas" to describe a group of elite athletes.

I have never heard "gorilla" to describe an basketball team lol

Maybe "too many big guns," "too many shot-makers," "too much talent."

I get the sense that Harvey is not very bright, but he is certainly not stupid.

SpecialOlympian wrote:Do I need to find a nazi to explain this to you?

No I want to hear it from you. Explain it like I am a six year old why it is appropriate to refer to a group of black men as "too many gorillas" in any context.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Wow, someone is still angry over the Roseanne thing.

Do you, like, not understand words or how their meaning varies by context? Do I need to find a nazi to explain this to you? Becuase you're not even good at doing racism right now.

Don't worry your championship belt is safe. Too bad your thread on Rosanne fizzled rather quickly, no thanks to the mobs favorite big time celebrities Samantha B and Steve Harvey. :lol: :lol:
maz wrote:What about the Rosanne thing was I ever mad about?

No I understand what he is trying to say perfectly fine, but his choice of words and analogy doesn't make any sense.

Ad an entertainer with a ton of experience, I cannot understand how he could not have used better descriptive language than "too many gorillas" to describe a group of elite athletes.

I have never heard "gorilla" to describe an basketball team lol

Maybe "too many big guns," "too many shot-makers," "too much talent."

I get the sense that Harvey is not very bright, but he is certainly not stupid.

No I want to hear it from you. Explain it like I am a six year old why it is appropriate to refer to a group of black men as "too many gorillas" in any context.

It means they are large and strong men but you knew that and I'm guessing you were drunk when you made a pretty lame attempt to stir the pot after the Roseanne thing.

It's OK Maz you will do better next time.
SpecialOlympian wrote:It means they are large and strong men but you knew that and I'm guessing you were drunk when you made a pretty lame attempt to stir the pot after the Roseanne thing.

It's OK Maz you will do better next time.

Except that they aren't all large and strong men.

The defacto team captain of the Warriors, arguably their best player, and the highest paid NBA player is a rather small gentleman of only 6'3".

What else ya got?

SpecialOlympian wrote:I got nothing. Your racial contrarianism is uninspired and boring and your thread sucks.

Translation: “Reality will not stop me from limiting free speech based upon hypocritical distinctions of the race of the person saying it.”
There is nothing wrong with what he said, what is wrong is believing others are not allowed to say it. Admit the hypocrisy and stop the insanity.
I'm most offended that someone could write fued twice. Steve Harvey is an evangelical moron. Anyone who pays attention to what he says is probably an idiot. 99% of his humor is asking questions loaded with sexual innuendo and then staring with a surprised look on his face when the response references something sexual. He's a hack comedian and I have no idea what his point is. The Warriors have 4 elite level players in Thompson, Durant, Curry, and Green. I've never heard the term gorilla used to describe an elite level basketball player and would assume it to be racist. Since we have a black guy saying it here I guess he might mean a really physical player. Among the four I mentioned Green is the only one with a history of bad fouls and such.

I don't know why right wingers here on pofo are trying to point out some contradiction using a rabid homophobe and Christian zealot like Steve Harvey though.

In Canada, Indigenous people have been harassed ri[…]

That was weird

No, it won't Only the Democrats will be hurt by t[…]

No. There is nothing arbitrary about whether peop[…]