DHS Report: 2000 Children Separated From Parents In Past Six Weeks - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Stormsmith wrote:Sssssso the right answer was Trump's amplification of the policy?

I am not sure I am following your train of thought.
I believe the explanation is we always saw it as basically a Southwest problem, and we could not do much about it anyway. ‘Catch and release’ made it clear the illegals got a bus ticket to anywhere in the US. This brought the problems closer to home. Also simply coming across the border at about 1,000 per day adds up. It did not take long to have substantial numbers that were obvious to a lot more people.
‘Catch and release’ made it clear the illegals got a bus ticket to anywhere in the US.
:eh: That's not what happened, though. Obama deported more illegals than any previous administration, even the Republican ones.

Also, Catch and Release had to do with the practice of releasing an immigrant to the community while he or she awaits hearings in immigration court, as an alternative to holding them in immigration detention. The migrants whom U.S. immigration enforcement agencies have allowed to remain in the community pending immigrant hearings have been those deemed low risk, such as children, families, and those seeking asylum.

Cmon, @One Degree, at least learn a bit about what you are arguing against before making arguments that are factually flawed from the start.
Godstud wrote:The migrants whom U.S. immigration enforcement agencies have allowed to remain in the community pending immigrant hearings have been those deemed low risk, such as children, families, and those seeking asylum.

Low risk of committing a violent crime. They are all high risk for failure to appear in court.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
45% MAGA :rockon:
Godstud wrote::eh: That's not what happened, though. Obama deported more illegals than any previous administration, even the Republican ones.

Also, Catch and Release had to do with the practice of releasing an immigrant to the community while he or she awaits hearings in immigration court, as an alternative to holding them in immigration detention. The migrants whom U.S. immigration enforcement agencies have allowed to remain in the community pending immigrant hearings have been those deemed low risk, such as children, families, and those seeking asylum.

Cmon, @One Degree, at least learn a bit about what you are arguing against before making arguments that are factually flawed from the start.

Sorry, I don’t see anything here that contradicts what I said. I was also trying to answer a general question that I felt was wrong anyway. I don’t think it was a ‘sudden’ change, but I was offering some reasons even if that was the case. I think ‘catch and release’ would be more of a trigger than Trump.
Godstud wrote:If you don't understand it, you can't argue for or against it. You indicated that you had no clue what it meant, so yes, you are contradicting fact.

Not giving a complete outline of a policy I mention gives no such indication. If you want to contradict my actual statement then you would need to prove they could not pick their own destinations.
One Degree wrote:If you want to contradict my actual statement then you would need to prove they could not pick their own destinations.
There is no evidence that they get bus rides anywhere, and that is why your statement is so nonsensical! :knife:

Yes, @Suntzu, your bullshit is childish.
I can't debate the issue. I know too many decent good families working $10 dollar an hour jobs with lovely kids to even tolerate the stupid racist fearmongering crap I read from the men posting here who don't speak Spanish and know zero about immigration from America Latina.
Go tell them there Suntzu (No creo nada lo que dices eres un mentiroso) especially the Mexican men with guns how low in IQ they are and how they deserve to have 5 month old babies jailed. But you are a coward afraid of them. Lol. I don't believe anything you say frankly I think you are a bot and don't exist. Lol. A Russian hacker. Hee hee!
Lawsuits seem to be the only thing the Trump administration.

Judge orders release of 9-year-old after mother sues Trump administration to get him back
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2018 ... -back.html

There needs to be more of this.

Note: She is not a criminal, but an asylum seeker.

Since you are a white person in Canada, you are a[…]

You're all a buncha prudes. GET LAID!

By that definition, if you obtained a DNA a census[…]

Let me guess, this is going to be one of THOSE thr[…]